Iron within Iron Without

calamity_kane

Hi all, welcome back B&C :D

before the site went i posted a couple of pics of the embyonic stages of my iron warriors not i thought i would post a link to my photobucket6 account to let you all see how i've got on in the mean time, so without further ado

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/cal...ron%20warriors/

any comments greatly appreciated :)

calamity

i really like them not to keen on the dread it seems abit plain but the termis look cool :D

Thanks for the comment, ill actually take the comment about the dread as a compliment wanted it to look functional rather like va piece of industrial machinery with a couple of choice additions

calamity

ps .dreads flamer has been drilled since photo was taken

I really them but somehow they lack chaos iconography (arrows and stuff)

show us more!

Lack heck there space wolf torso on the power armour Iron Warriors. Other then that they look good i realy like the termie with the arnie style head and the cold dead flesh look cool.

Good and clean, tabletop quality at its best. I'd suggest you go a bit easier on the varnish, it really shines on the black. Some spots on the minis look a little flat and dull, like they could use some iconography or assorted peripherals. ala the Dread. Though it may be 'practical' and 'functional', it doesn't look very chaosy.

Other than that, you've done well.

Very good, Calamity Kane! Very dark and moody looking - which is great for Iron Warriors, they're not as obviously 'Chaosy' as other Traitor Marine Legions, but you want them to look like there's something not quite nice about them, which you've captured perfectly. Well Done! :)

Compared to some of the over-equipped Dreads I've seen I think yours is more menacing for it's LACK of features. It looks less like a (considerably) chunky "man" and more like a thing that wants to kill me. The lack of general chaos iconography doesn't bother me either. It's obvious WHO they are. These IW's seem more dedicated to the mechanics of killing than the 'scaryness' of chaos. In which case I would fear them more.

SteveC86

Solid painting, man. I like. Quite the chainfist on your WS.

The termies need a bit more. Do some work to the greaves ie. glue chaos icons, paint litnanies of hate, add studs, etc. and add some racks on their back or small exaust stacks.

my .2

Ardus.

Very nice work,

seeing good Iron warriors always makes me pause for a moment... <_<

then the taint subsides,and i go back to the good guys :cuss

well done anyway,i like the no nonsense simple approach its very befitting to dedicated seige breakers

mithril

The plain is a Good Thing , very Un-Chaos-Chaos of them...

However, as plain as the dred is, I think it's even a little too plain (although this is what you were going for.)

Nice over-all. Very neat chevron work.

Hey you thanks for all the positive feedback ..... didn't think about the dread causing some controversy.... but the great thing about this hobby is how individuals can interpret things in different ways ^_^ thes were sort of inspired after reading storm of iron....... anyone seen the latest WD and Alex Cairns traitor guard also inspired by storm of iron ..... they arent how i would have interpreted them .... but still bloody awesome....might end up converting my cadians and doing my own imterpretation.

again thanks

calamity

I think the Dread looks good - you can argue that at the time of the Heresy, which supposedly this lad made it through - things weren't built to look so baroque and pretty as right now, they were built to fight.

And so he does.

Archived