Space Hulk terrain - Kill team

Am in the middle of a kill team campaign with friends,and soon its time to switch over and run one for them,

my group decided on one of the missions being a space hulk boarding in search of some nid Hive Mind (Alien2 style).

So i decided to make up several corridors and a central storage bay area of a space hulk.

pictured below is the first test corridor with several more on the way :huh:

its made with pvc Guttering,house vents and a splash of 40k bits box pieces

enjoy,

sorry for average pics.

mithril

gallery_9146_583_59027.jpg

gallery_9146_583_44945.jpg

gallery_9146_583_45024.jpg

gallery_9146_583_38547.jpg

gallery_9146_583_19090.jpg

gallery_9146_583_25352.jpg

gallery_9146_583_47989.jpg

gallery_9146_583_107327.jpg

VERY impressive! Thumbs up :tu: :tu:

The overall effect is stunning, and when you get to all the little details, it's simply: WOW!

Great work man!

This is beautiful ! The corridor is verry verry good ! Only thing that disturb me : The propaganda posters, wich are always as well preserved as if they were in a stasis field... I think if they have spent more than millenia in the warp, even if they were'nt touched by corruption, they should have been deteriorated a few at least.

Except that, it's really near perfection !

Guillaume

wow that's cool! In the gw store that I usually frequent there was a similare terrain, when you build several corridors and room to create a dungeon the scenery looks truly cool, why you don't pick inspiration from the old WD article about the shelob's liar?

Thanks for the feedback guys :jaw:

will put up more pics as i finish more of it, the central room will be the tough one to build ;)

Im making a kinda different corner section ...will post it up in a couple days for your C&C

thanks again for the nice responses,

Mithril

do you have any wip pics? or a list of mats used? I am wanting to work on something simular for a space hulk board / mobile pieces.

My only contention is there is only 1 wall? is there a reason?

do you have any wip pics? or a list of mats used? I am wanting to work on something simular for a space hulk board / mobile pieces.

My only contention is there is only 1 wall? is there a reason?

sorry no wip pics,will do some of the next section,but thanks for the reminder ;)

(im in Australia by the way) material used is-

Base piece PVC storm guttering,this is the larger/thicker variety that goes in the concrete of your path not on the roof,i cut off one wall side & 2/3rds of the roof part. i intend to use roof guttering later on for another project though...its lighter & cheaper.

The first underlay part is "eggcrate" diffuser from light fittings,the top part is Crochet Grid from spotlight(our version of your local ladies craft shop ^_^ )if you use it make sure to wash it heaps as it has mold release on it and does not want to be glued to anything :cuss .

the 'I" beams are from railway hobbie shop.

the pipes are simply different sizes of tubing from railway hobbie shops,the vent/portal is a small wall vent from a local hardware store.

the rest is gw parts: the wall panel - tool panel from old vindicator model, hinge on portal - hunter/killer missle mount with plasticard rivets,gas valve is from old dwarf bolt thrower model.

in answer to the one wall question....its so you have easy access to your models in the corridor,the one wall is there for effect,if you had two wall sections it would be hard to play on eg measuring,moving models,line of sight etc etc and you would miss all the detail as well.

when all the pieces are complete i will post up pics and you will see the simplicity of doing it that way.

cheers to all for encouragement,it spurs me on to finish the rest.

mithril

Archived