IW warsmith Demonprince

I'm kinda satisfied with the result, Conversion and painting vise. Hope you guys like, comments and critique welcome as usual. Btw, the jets on his back are on the left side pointed to the side and down, as if to help his soon to come charge in the direction he's looking at :D Also seems I got my camera issue sorted out with the grey background, so I'll reshoot the rest of the buggers now.

http://usera.imagecave.com/kronork/IronWarriors/DPfront.jpg

http://usera.imagecave.com/kronork/IronWarriors/DPfrontside.jpg

http://usera.imagecave.com/kronork/IronWarriors/DPright.jpg

http://usera.imagecave.com/kronork/IronWarriors/DPleft.jpg

http://usera.imagecave.com/kronork/IronWarriors/DPback.jpg

Cheers

WOW!

He turned out great. The conversion, plastic card, sculpiting, posing, and the painting all turned out great.

My only gripe would be with the size of the base. I know that's the one he's supplied with but, he's so massive looking that a 60mm base would be better. If this was CMON I would give him a 9 as is.

Dear Lord....

It's terrifyingly wonderful, excellent use of visual contrast between the hammer and the prince's own silver body. I, however, have only one recommendation:

Might you add a bit more color to the shoulderpads and/or face?

I love the drab metal throughout the body - but I'm a bit unsettled by the lack of color elsewhere. My eye immediately stays at the hammer, and, unless you want opponents to ONLY look at the hammer, it would probably be better to add something to the other areas.

What you add is completely up to you.

But other than that minor point, I think that this is a fabulous, and jaw-dropping model.

Kor

I think the lack of color would suit an iron warrior demon prince. he has given into truly "Iron Within, Iron Without". Love the conversion work on the leg. It turned out super nice...and i like the hammer, that color sales it.

::someone who misses the Sazabi::

Brilliant modeling!

I just hope the jump pack jets don't ignite the melta bombs. :D

Do you haven any WIP pics? I would love to see your modeling and sculpting handiwork.

That is freakin' amazing. I like it a lot! I have to agree about the hammer though, it takes too much attention away from the model itself. Maybe tone down it's color some? But maybe that wouldn't work... Perhaps adding more color on the body is the best idea after all...

Fantastic! I love the the jet packs. I do agree with Tor. My eyes move towards the weapon/hammer, but that me be your intent. It is a minor quibble anyway. Definitley ooozes Iron Lord Daemon Prince.

Me likes!

That is one of the nicest IW Demonprinces I have ever seen and trust me I have looked! Love the metallics..how long did it take to get that effect. Did you use a magic wash? Also that jump pack is great is there any chance we can get a run down of what you did? One more thing...can we get a link to pictures of your army.

wow big huge grim model cool! I love the metal face! the only thing that I will change is the skin, because look like the rest of the armor and I think that maybe it could look better with more contrast but it's just my opinion

:tu:

That is freaking awesome! While I agree with the others about the lack of color on the flesh and such, I think that in the case of an Iron Warriors DP, it is acceptable. I love the metallics; you did a great job of blending them. I also like his left hand/ arm. It just oozes IW.

Great job.

You know I honestly REALLY like what you did with the model, but he's just so... grey. I think the fantastic amount of modelling detail is lost because of the monotone pallate you've got there. I really do like the model, and the painting skill used here, I just wish the colours had a touch more variety. Very nice model :tu:

WOW! That came out close to perfect!

My gripes would be with the way the hammer and the lone yellow chevron on the leg steals the show from the front. I'm not 100% sold on the Hammer effect either. I think it could have more contrast, up to white and very dark red recesses. Maybe the beast could have yeallow to white glowing eyes effect to pick up the face as a more of a focal point and tie it together. I'd also like to see even more of that Yelow/black chevron, since you can pull it so well. A little bit of more work and it's perfect.

But all in all, a magnificient conversion!

I just hope the jump pack jets don't ignite the melta bombs. msn-wink.gif

Do you haven any WIP pics? I would love to see your modeling and sculpting handiwork.

Nah, those are jumbo sized frags, no way someone that size could arm the pea sized standard frags ;)

There should a thread a few pages down with some murky wip pics.

Also would you mind explaining how you painted the metal? or a tutorial of some sort. I really like how it turned out.

It's pretty simple really. I paint a basecoat of mihtril silver, which is a great color, covers really well. Then I ink a black+brown ink wash. I let it dry, then I ink again. I let it dry, then I ink, black+brown+vallejo tank brown[model air color which has a very thin consistency). When that has dried, I do a black+green wash, and then a new black+brown wash to hide the green tint some. After that I just paint scratches on the model. And the metal is done.

My gripes would be with the way the hammer and the lone yellow chevron on the leg steals the show from the front. I'm not 100% sold on the Hammer effect either. I think it could have more contrast, up to white and very dark red recesses. Maybe the beast could have yeallow to white glowing eyes effect to pick up the face as a more of a focal point and tie it together. I'd also like to see even more of that Yelow/black chevron, since you can pull it so well. A little bit of more work and it's perfect.

Yeah, the hammer is sort of a issue for me at the moment too, I think I'll try a reddish wash on it, and see what happens, it's just I'm not too hyped about the idea of messing it up and having to repaint it. :angry: My initial idea was to make it just as you said, but the closer I got to the pure white hightlight, it started to feel wrong at that moment, offcourse, digesting your work once for a moment always gives you a better idea than processing everything the millisecond before applying paint. :angry:

The yellow/black chevrons are a bit tricky to add to the model, since I don't think there are that many good spots for em on the model, but I can try it out, since it's at least one thing which is easy to fix in case it won't work. ^_^

I'll give the skin a slight tone adjustment, it's gonna be very light, but it might change the big picture, adding a bit of shadow and colour, thin washes for the win :(

About the overall greyness, I know it's an issue, and I think it's further enhanced by the GREY background, because he doesn't look so monotone against a white or black background. But my camera absolutely refuses to work with a white/black background, and I don't even want to consider using a colored background(can only end bad). Anyway, I'll do some minor adjustments to him today. I'm doing another tac squad ready today as well, but that shouldn't be a problem.

Cheers

:P :eek ;) :jaw:

Chronophague: Great Daemon Prince there & once more I say damn you because I recently built my own when I REALLY needed idears for conversion.

But again it is a really nice model & I like the pose how it look like he b**ch slap someone

think I'll try a reddish wash on it, and see what happens, it's just I'm not too hyped about the idea of messing it up and having to repaint it

I also agree with Mig & I agree with what changies you are about to do. Just to point out if you have a spare model use that first to get a idear, that what I do when testing paint out so I do not weaste it on a good model.

Again get the rest of the army finish ;)

IP

Archived