Iron Hands Dreadnought

FW Dreadnought (One of three) for my Iron Hands .

Assault drill as Left Arm for a more industrial look.

Magnetized Arms and pinned waist of course.

Usualy deployed via Droppod.

Most remarkable kill as of today : A Necron monolyth with his Assault cannon

http://www.figuraobscura.com/festung/dread2.jpg

You should apologize to your opponent about that, you cheated. The monolith ignores the assault cannon rending rule...

Dread looks nice tho.

Cheers

You should apologize to your opponent about that, you cheated. The monolith ignores the assault cannon rending rule...

Cheers

Busted. :D

In regards to the model. It is V.V Nice. The CCW drills look like they could use a bit of an ink wash or something to add depth to them without them looking like bright silver.

The black looks fine, the highlights are nice and the details are all done well. Be proud of your painting skills. :D

I've got to say that the model looks nice, the only addition I could think of making is that of litanies painted to the armour. Maybe one set on the right of the sarcophagus as we look at the photo and one on the same side on his leg armour.

Then maybe put some purity seals on the other leg. Just a few ideas, but congrats on the model! :D

The monolith ignores the assault cannon rending rule...
It's his opponent's job to remember that :D

Nice model. Why's he looking at the nurgle icon though, tempted?...

Well , my first game against necrons. I knew that they ignore melter rules but not AC'S rending.

Its helpfull to know the enemy rules but not mandatory except for the owning player.

There are intentionaly no purity seals , I also eshew the FW venerable Dread models - to overloaded.

Not too much scripts on my iron hands models either.

Technical , without emotions , cold -and effective was the aim .

Nurgle Icon on the ground : There is a nurgle player in my gaming club who knows the meaning :D

Looks good, PD. I like the rock-drill on the left arm, especially. I agree that it needs a little ink to add definition to it. Other than that, really impressive.

Seeing your stuff reminds me that I need to get my new army started as my old one is now looking a bit dated (its four years old now).

The drill looks more used in real life .

And this drill is only available with the FW siege dreadnought - that comes with a Inferno Cannon !!!!

I know your Iron hands for over two years now , yes they need some overhaul . :D

make sure to inform your friend that he needs to read his codex so his monolith sticks around like it should :rolleyes: dread looks good. for the drill try using tamiya smoke over the metallic, be generous with it too, it'll look great .

I can't say I like the FW dreads, but the painting makes up for that.

Well , my first game against necrons. I knew that they ignore melter rules but not AC'S rending.

Its helpfull to know the enemy rules but not mandatory except for the owning player.

Except it's a pretty easy rule for everyone to remember ("ignores all special weapon rules" basically), especially since a Monolith weighs against the Necron player's "phase out" number, which is kind of important.

Looks good, PD.

Yes, what? :rolleyes:

i resent seeing that nurgle icon on the ground

Oh, but the rest of your dessicated corpse dragging behind you like a wedding trail of decay is acceptable? :yuck:

Except it's a pretty easy rule for everyone to remember ("ignores all special weapon rules" basically), especially since a Monolith weighs against the Necron player's "phase out" number, which is kind of important.

Then it's doubly important for the necron player to remember it :rolleyes:

Really, one can't demand that every player should know every rule from every codex, it's the owning player's responsibility. He's the one with the codex after all.

i resent seeing that nurgle icon on the ground

I second that. Naughty dreadnaught! :rolleyes:

However, it's a very slick-looking naughty dreadnought, so you're a little bit forgiven. Besides,

Why's he looking at the nurgle icon though, tempted?...

:yuck:

Is that rock on the base made from the stuff of which I don't know the english word ... The white stuff with the little bubbly bits that squeak when you rub them. Styrofoam? (And if 'yes', how sturdy is it? Looks quite cool, so I'm tempted to try it.)

Then it's doubly important for the necron player to remember it :rolleyes:

Really, one can't demand that every player should know every rule from every codex, it's the owning player's responsibility. He's the one with the codex after all.

Excuse me for not taking unfair advantage of my opponents and asking others to follow that example.

Edit: Excluding first-timers-against-first-timers like Pleasuredome's game.

Excuse me for not taking unfair advantage of my opponents and asking others to follow that example.
If I don't know: I don't know. I'm not going to buy all the codices and memorize them so that I can inform my opponent about his own army.

looks great. i usually dont like the FW dreads too much but youve done a really good job on that one. simple but very ironhands :) i like the touch of a little colour on the base with the icon too.

Archived