The Cobra Pattern Space Fighter

Hobbes

An interesting kit-bash. I like it. I won't weigh in with a name choice since there are so many. I've always liked 'odd' imperial craft, both flyers and tanks... this from the guy with the Land Speeder Limo for deploying his assault marines (see sig line, Shadow Hawks picture album)

Rymeer

HG Hoooo!

Ahem... mmm looks reallie cool. Not sure about the front yet... marines, while clunky in design, do have some sleek elements to them. IG is meant to have the even more industrial designs.

Hey I'm getting a Kestrel, well my Brother actually he's the falconer I simply live vicariously through him... right now we have two Cooper's Hawks!

I like Falcon and well a few others sound really good! I remember what put the name Cobra in my head it was Barph's crashed Cobra Vessel (the size of a table ^_^ !)

anyways I designed a Closed cockpit which still needs some work but you can get the jist of it here: should be enough room to make it open and close and line it with glass (blister plastic) and now the marine has much more room to see...

http://hobbyhawk.com/Projects/Cobra/Cobra04WIP.jpg

Bonus points to anyone who can guess what it's made from! Here's a side shot:

http://hobbyhawk.com/Projects/Cobra/Cobra05WIP.jpg

I also found some missiles, that I'm thinking about mounting along the bottom not sure yet, but there they are! I'll figure out exactly how later, probably save that detail for last..

http://hobbyhawk.com/Projects/Cobra/Cobra06WIP.jpg

Those missiles are purely for size reference and for inspirational thinking!~ they will not be going onto the finsihed plane ~ especially not like that! Also the missiles along the wings are meant to be engines... Maybe that will be more clear when all is said and done! Like I said it's highly WIP right now, so you sorta have to visualize what should be in the blanks and let me know!

I figured out a way to work the canopy glass.. simpy cut grooves with an xacto..

http://www.hobbyhawk.com/Projects/Cobra/Cobra07WIP.jpg

The Closed cokpit fits perfectly overhead with just the right amount of clearance, and I began the begginning layer of filling in the gaps.. so far it's coming along nicely! I will be done with the cockpit shortly and can move on to the bottom before coming back round for finishing details!

Also I have began work on a massive Support Ship I'm sure you'll all be very excited to see just how big this thing is!!!

Thanks for all the comments!

Oh mah gah... oh my.... oh my go... OH LORD! ;) :D :o

SO COOL! :devil: Thats so cool!

Are their Lascannons on both sides of the front?

For a name, what about 'Phantasm Class Attack Ship' or something with Phantasm in it?

Great job Hobbes! This is what I call an innovative use of bits :devil:

The added cockpit sets it well apart from a Land Speeder.

Personally don't have a problem with the blunt nose, kinda makes the whole fighter more bulky and well armoured - something you would expect from a fighter. This for sure can claim a higher AV than 10!

Re name - I really like Hurricane Class something...

Keep us posted, tks!

Great job Hobbes! This is what I call an innovative use of bits ;)

Re name - I really like Hurricane Class something...

So what the "Katrina Class City Sweeper"?

:)

Before reading who made that, I thought it was another mad idea of Greydeath... Oh god, they are now two with insane project in their head.

So coments on the model :

Your wingspawn is too, very too much small. This kind of wings could be ok for low atmosphere figthers, but if you want it to fith on high atmosphere, it will need wider wings. If it's an antigrav, forget what you have ust read.

It don't seem to have balance rockets, so, maybe it will need some wing tip, unless it's made to go alright.

Seriously, don't glue the missile. they are too big. Maybe the sidewinder could go intrados, but i'm not sure it will goes with the model.

On the whole, this is a nice model you built, and I wait for it to be finished. Don't give up, that's great.

Also I have began work on a massive Support Ship I'm sure you'll all be very excited to see just how big this thing is!!!

Damned ! Greydeath really contaminated some of us...

Oh god, they are now two with insane project in their head.

There always have been! :ph34r:

I don't know if they're symbionts, but they certainly feed off each other like leeches as far as ideas and on-upmanship is concerned.

I just want to know where this man gets his inspiration and his money! :unsure:

Love it. Smok'en job! The cockpit really enhances the look.

Space Marine vehicles are all blunt - blunt ended (battle barge, tanks, speeder, thunderhawk) - blunt wing (speeder, thunderhawk). That's the cool thing about the SM vehicles. It's all about power to mass ratio.

Marines got the power, who cares about the mass !! Strap some weapons to a engine and go !

Real sweet design, but I think the missles are going to over load the design. The dual lascannons and maybe an ass can 9built in some how.

Archived