Well it had to happen!

Well I began working on Bastion's Comand Termi squad last night. But I was thwarted, so I began agin tonight. I have the Sarge and stormbolter trooper into their basic shapes. They are still missing shoulderpads and GS work. But i thought you guys might like to see them anyway, and im am a Praise junkie! LOL!

So here are 2 Pics and some linkys.

EEK! I suck! I can never get the pics to be the right size!

turning them into linkys.. sorry.

First up Squad Sarge Trask.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0441.jpg

Next up is Trooper Lenik. Trooper Lenik needs some expanation. Since I will have 2 squads of termies, I thought it was a neat idea that Bastion's comand squad had a newly inducted member. So Lenik has been promoted from Scout Vetran Sarge to Terminator Comand Trooper. Since he is still new to the role he still thinks like a scout. Stalking his prey untill he makes the kill.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0436.jpg

hehe I think he is cool looking. I amalso thinking about putting a scout type samoflauge cloak/cape on him, I will probably make one and see how it looks then keep or trash then. The peice of plastic card behind him has had a few boltholes drilled in it. It will be painting to look like a Inquisitor with the caption "Ever Watchful!" ( Im not sure if I will be able to make it look cool, but the eyes of the painted Inquisitor wil have some red plastic for eyes and a recorder box behind the sign as if it is actually watching what is going on).

Okay here are some linkys to the other pics of these two.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0437.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0438.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0439.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0442.jpg

As always comments and criticism are welcome and encouraged!

Now to get to work on the 2 AC termis.

Nice! I have those epicast bases too - good stuff!

and the idea with the recorder! ^_^ I had this poster that always freaked me out as a kid of Uncle Sam it was a hologram and the eyes were always watching you..

Nice job on the Powerfisted Sword too!

Nidhogg. He has been promoted from Scout Sarge TO Termi Command.

Hobbes, He is just holding his scout knife/ccw in his powerfist. He still thinks like a bp/ccw scout, so he is waiting for and enemy to get close to jump him hehehe.

Ohh yeah i lov those bases, cuts down on the amout of conversion work but at least a 3rd. I always hate when I see a kick butt conversion ruined buy being on a plain base.

^_^

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!!!

How would you like this peeking over your garden wall?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0449.jpg

Here is the first try at the first AC Termi for my Comand Squad.

HAHAHAHA!

here are some linkys to more!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0450.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0445.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0446.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0447.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0448.jpg

Im not sure if its geinus or if I have totaly lost my mind.. either way I can deal with it.

:D

+++ Mod edit: HUGE pic turned to a link, please refer to the forum rules for more information +++

While I'm digging the "sneaky-sneaky" terminator (Scout VtSgt in TDA with "Scions" trait, indeed!), I can't help but think that Lenik would have no problems with his new role at all. AFAIK, all veteran sergeants have terminator honours, which confer the right to wear terminator armor. This doesn't automatically boot them to a Libby's command squad, obviously, but scout sergeants are seasoned veterans entrusted with training marine recruits. I doubt that they'd be stuck in "scout mode" all the time.

Still, it's a cool model, and very original! Nice work!

Well Astartesboy, think of it like this. You have been the Sargent of an infantry squad for 30 years. Yes you have been trained to use almost every single peice of equipment your army can muster on the feild of battle. But you are recently promoted to command a tank. yes you have had training at Tank Command, you have the knoledge(spelled way wrong!) and skills to do this job. But untill you put a few dozen or hundered hours doing it, you can still be set in your Infantry ways and think in an infantry mindset.

On the other hand... Mabye I just came up with a bit of fluffy justification for why I made the conversion(whitch is the real way of it.. but dont tell anyone I want them all to think im some kind of geinus :D ).

LOL!

Power fist + knife = power dumb. Using a power fist to hold a knife would be like putting a bayonet on a sword. The awkward position of his shooting arm as well as the strange, tiny, shredded thing which he is taking cover behind make the model's composition seem off. You may want to rethink his cover as even I, as an aviator, am able to see that if he's taking fire he won't be sittin' pretty behind that thing. Also, you grunt to tread head analogy is severely flawed as that sort of thing would never happen and I doubt that it would even in the bleak nerdiness of space. The idea of a snake eater receiving a promotion to heavy armor is just ridiculous, sorry guy. It's a cute idea for a character and you should probably write a story about him for school, you could even draw neat pictures to get that cool dinosaur stamp but it doesn't really translate well into a model.

The minigunner is looking pretty good, your positioning of his body seems much improved. I hope you plan on doing something (read: removing) those mould lines though.

Power fist + knife = power dumb. Using a power fist to hold a knife would be like putting a bayonet on a sword.

It doesn't strike me as being that odd when you look at a Chainfist, which is essentially a chainsword strapped onto a power fist (Which a better analogy might be a chainsaw strapped onto the front of a truck, because that's what it's going to feel like when it hits you). I agree the conversion might seem a bit odd at first, but if he says it's a "chainfist" I think he'll get a lot less comments similar to the one you gave him. I don't think "dumb" is the right word to use here. I think it's a nice conversion that adds character.

The gun arm, I think, is positioned a bit too far back. I tried holding my arm up at a similar angle, but it was really odd (Then again I'm not a genetically engineered soldier in Tactical Dreadnought Armor, so what do I know?) for me to hold the pose for very long. If you could still alter it, you might want to consider positioning the arm at a more foward angle (Say 65 degrees or so towards his face?). That would make the arm's pose look more natural.

I really like Lennik behind the wall, by the way. He looks like he's waiting to ambush some poor soul (Or play a very bad prank on the Librarian) behind that wall. The wall might look a bit thin for him to be hiding behind for cover, but bases can only hold so much. After it's all painted up, I'm sure it will look fine (After all, ceramite walls and adamantium is pretty strong stuff, no matter how thin!), especially with the Inquisitor's eyes and the recorder box. A random idea that just hit me says you may want to add some graffiti of some kind to the poster, perhaps a spray-painted Chaos Star, perhaps something more simple and less Chaos-y (A moustache and beard drawn on the Inquisitor's face).

As for the Assault Cannon. At first I thought the pose looked a bit odd, but after looking at it a bit more I've decided that I like it. After trying to simulate it, it looks a lot more natural than I thought (The head looked like it was pivoted too far to the side). However, it looks like Trooper Lennik's ambush warfare is catching on, as it seems the Assault Cannon termy has just stood up from behind that wall and is levelling the AC to mow down some heretics.

I think you modelled Sergeant Trask almost perfectly as if you snapped a picture of him while he was running. Again, I think the gun arm might be positioned a bit oddly (Though more natural than Lennik's), and I imagine most Marines running with the gun angled down and the sword angled up, rather than the other way around. It still looks good, though, and perhaps he is just preparing to raise the sword and point it forward to signal the charge of the squad (While ordering them to open their ambush, as Lennik and the Assault Cannon seem to be doing).

As for the "grunt to tread head", it's not as if Lennik has gone from Scout to a member of the Terminator Command Squad! He was a Veteran Sergeant who trained those Scout troops, and as a Veteran Sergeant he has earned the right to wear terminator armor, so the promotion is hardly as strange as some people might think. Perhaps this is a Chapter that focuses on ambush raids and tactics (Such as the Raven Guard), and Lennik was promoted for his skill in such attacks (Which he would have ample opportunity to demonstrate in the Scout Company). Either that, or the Librarian is taking his Command Squad into dense cityfighting terrain and needs someone who can offer the kind of urban combat expertise that Trooper Lennik would have. The promotion could be temporary, but he is kept on the Command Squad after going above and beyond to demonstrate his skill, faith, and honor.

I think you've got a nice idea for your Terminators, and your modelling skills are very nice. You've got some good poses going on for you, just a few minor tweaks to make them better. ;) It's always nice to see someone who has stories behind their models--I really wish more people took the time to do it. After-all, it's not like making fluff and min/maxing armies is mutually exclusive. But that's a discussion for another day.

Good work, I hope to see the rest of the squad in the future. :)

Power fist + knife = power dumb. Using a power fist to hold a knife would be like putting a bayonet on a sword. The awkward position of his shooting arm as well as the strange, tiny, shredded thing which he is taking cover behind make the model's composition seem off. You may want to rethink his cover as even I, as an aviator, am able to see that if he's taking fire he won't be sittin' pretty behind that thing. Also, you grunt to tread head analogy is severely flawed as that sort of thing would never happen and I doubt that it would even in the bleak nerdiness of space. The idea of a snake eater receiving a promotion to heavy armor is just ridiculous, sorry guy. It's a cute idea for a character and you should probably write a story about him for school, you could even draw neat pictures to get that cool dinosaur stamp but it doesn't really translate well into a model.

The minigunner is looking pretty good, your positioning of his body seems much improved. I hope you plan on doing something (read: removing) those mould lines though.

Okay here we go.

Powerfist can be turned on an off so that they ar not always destroying everthing they touch. I gave him a knife to hold because I thought it looked cool and set him apart from the rest of the squad. When i am done with this army every single mini will be converted to some extent, so any origanal idea that I can use I will.

As to arm positions being a bit to much. Yes they are past the point of comfort or even reality. I also want them to be noticed by my opponent from accross the table. I am NOT making these guys to be entered in a GoldenDeamon where they will be scutinized from 1 inch away. So I think the overexagerated motion works.

The Scout termie and his cover. Have you ever played paintball? You tend to duck and weave between anything that will give you cover no matter what it is. How I pictured it in my head was that as he was moving along as stealthy as he could he stoped for a sec to listen for any enemys and prepaire himself to attack that enemy as soon as he is in range. If you havent been noticed does it matter what the cover is? If I hide in a cardboard box waiting for you to walk by and you dont notic me. Wasnt I in perfect cover? The idea was not that he was hiding for the entire battle, Just that he has stoped for a sec.

Okay on to going from Infantry to an Armoured Unit. You are totaly wrong Monkey. If tommorow you wanted to go join the Army and drive tanks, the first thing that would happen is you would have to go through "Boot Camp" where you will be trained in all the basics of infanty warfare. After graduating "Boot" you then go to your spesific training school for Tank Driving, This is the reality of our modern world. A freind of mine joined the Army 3 years ago, after "Boot" he was sent to his spesific school. After finishing that school they could not place him in his chosen carier due to no open slots. So he had his choice of going to a diffrent school or joining an Infantry Batatlion. He chose to go to a diffrent training school.

In 40K every single marine starts his training as a Scout. Scouts are them promoted to marine and to individuale schools(weather it be Tank driving, Techmarine, Command, piloting.) depending on their talent.

Vet Sarge Lennik has been spending his time training the new scouts. Due to a death in Librarian Bastion's squad he has been promoted. Drafted even to fill this role.

Yes mold lines will be removed. They are all stil WIP.

Thanks for your comments Darrell. I may or may not use your idea about the Inquisitor sign. really depends on if i can make it look good. if I cant it will end up being a Prometheum, Lodging, Soylent green next exit sign.

:devil:

I should have the 2nds AC Termi well on his way tonight. i will post when he is in a state to be seen.

Well, while not commmenting on the weapons, I feel I must add some things in...

I'm not a big fan of the "use plastic glue ti fill in gaps" method, you should really be pinning and greenstuffing, because you have well posed models, but it makes them look half-assed.

Secondly, think about the posing of the arms...on more than one model you're going to have a nightmare fitting shoulder-pads on because of the conversion.

Overall, I LIKE the idea, but it's like you've had the idea and then run to do it, rather than plannign it better and making (what could have been) outstanding miniatures.

Well, while not commmenting on the weapons, I feel I must add some things in...

I'm not a big fan of the "use plastic glue ti fill in gaps" method, you should really be pinning and greenstuffing, because you have well posed models, but it makes them look half-assed.

Overall, I LIKE the idea, but it's like you've had the idea and then run to do it, rather than plannign it better and making (what could have been) outstanding miniatures.

I havent even begun the GS work on them yet.. all those gaps will be filled. and I will make the shoulderpads work. trust me.

In the end they should still be Outstanding Mini's... Or at least Stand Outing! :D

Yes I have the habit of getting a idea then just grabbing bits and start cutting, pinning, glueing and tearing apart and starting agin. I found for me. if I plan a conversion out to much, I never get it done. I always seem to get myself lost in the planning stage if I dont just jump into it. Also I think I am much more creative off the cuff than with a lengthy plan sketched out infront of me. Not a single model I have posted has had more that a breif flash of insperation before I started to build them.

Now for me this system work pretty good. Some of you cant work well in semi-controled chaos. I dont think Boltmans Uber conversions could work out if he didnt plan them from the start. I just dont work that way. Nor am I trying to build GD Winning models.

WoW have I gone on a rant or what??

Thanks for your comments though. I love hearing what other people think.

Okay I posted the Army list in the Army list section. Under Marine 1850 GT Void Hunter Army. Go take a peek and let me know what you think.

Power fist + knife = power dumb.

Just to make everyone happy. I will be counting him as being armed with a chainfist. I paid the points for one in the comand squad. So now he will be jamming his giant knife with the strenght of a powerfist through your Tank or Dread. If he can get to it hehehe. :D

wow, this seemed really harsh to me, i mean we're supposed to be giving constructive criticism and sharing ideas, not trying to make someone look like an idiot. I'll admit you gave him some good advice but the way you put it

It's a cute idea for a character and you should probably write a story about him for school, you could even draw neat pictures to get that cool dinosaur stamp but it doesn't really translate well into a model.

I agree that you should maybe try to fill the gaps with some Greenstuff, and try fitting the shoulder pads on before gluing the arms on(trust me, saves a lot of stress :D ), the knife wielding terminator also strikes me as odd, but a really nice mini none the less(maybe fix up the shooting arm a bit).

The Scout termie and his cover. Have you ever played paintball? You tend to duck and weave between anything that will give you cover no matter what it is.

Okay on to going from Infantry to an Armoured Unit. You are totaly wrong Monkey. If tommorow you wanted to go join the Army and drive tanks, the first thing that would happen is you would have to go through "Boot Camp" where you will be trained in all the basics of infanty warfare. After graduating "Boot" you then go to your spesific training school for Tank Driving, This is the reality of our modern world. A freind of mine joined the Army 3 years ago, after "Boot" he was sent to his spesific school. After finishing that school they could not place him in his chosen carier due to no open slots. So he had his choice of going to a diffrent school or joining an Infantry Batatlion. He chose to go to a diffrent training school.

In 40K every single marine starts his training as a Scout. Scouts are them promoted to marine and to individuale schools(weather it be Tank driving, Techmarine, Command, piloting.) depending on their talent.

Vet Sarge Lennik has been spending his time training the new scouts. Due to a death in Librarian Bastion's squad he has been promoted. Drafted even to fill this role.

Paintball is a joke. Sorry kid. The guys who play paintball/airsoft and think they're tactically sound are morons, through and through. I wasn't talking about him taking cover behind something, but the look of his cover. It looks like a free floating square with one corner stuck in the ground; that doesn't look natural.

Regarding the way the military works I think that I, as a Naval Aviator with six years (since winging) under my belt, know a little bit more about how things work than you do. You don't learn infantry specific skills in boot, you learn how to be a member of the Corps. Once you've graduated boot and been given your MOS you would then go off to your MOS specific school; some will go to infantry land and others will go to tankville but those schools do not intersect. You may not know the entire story of what happened to your friend as something like that happening is rare, RARE, RARE. Why would the military pay to send a guy to tread school and then just dump him into the infantry where they'll have to train him for a completely different job? More often than not you will be given what's known as a stash job where they keep you until slots open up in your rate. That's how reality works, please don't presume to tell me how my world is run.

If the terminator armor is so rare why would a person who uses it improperly be placed in it? I'm sorry but this character you've created just doesn't make sense. From what I understand, terminator armor has a very specific battlefield role and is not a jack-of-all-trades but beefier sort of deal. I would assume that he would be trained in the proper application of the terminator armor and thoroughly briefed on the weaknesses of said armor which would most likely include getting cut off/ahead of your fire team. The armor doesn't seem to offer real great mobility which would make a situation in which one is encircled particularly dangerous, this is the kind of position a scout might find himself in as his job is to move well ahead of the main force. I'm not trying to pick on you, so don't start crying or anything, just pointing out that the story you've come up with is a giant pitfall of logic.

Paintball is a joke. Sorry kid. The guys who play paintball/airsoft and think they're tactically sound are morons, through and through. I wasn't talking about him taking cover behind something, but the look of his cover. It looks like a free floating square with one corner stuck in the ground; that doesn't look natural.

Regarding the way the military works I think that I, as a Naval Aviator with six years (since winging) under my belt, know a little bit more about how things work than you do. You don't learn infantry specific skills in boot, you learn how to be a member of the Corps. Once you've graduated boot and been given your MOS you would then go off to your MOS specific school; some will go to infantry land and others will go to tankville but those schools do not intersect. You may not know the entire story of what happened to your friend as something like that happening is rare, RARE, RARE. Why would the military pay to send a guy to tread school and then just dump him into the infantry where they'll have to train him for a completely different job? More often than not you will be given what's known as a stash job where they keep you until slots open up in your rate. That's how reality works, please don't presume to tell me how my world is run.

Okay First. Grey I was not intending my comments back to Monkey to seem harsh.

Monkey. As far as you know I am not a Kid(I dont think being 36 is still regarded as being a kid), and mabye I also have a few years of military training under my belt. In all honesty you have no idea what I might or might not know. If you go reread my comments from before I dont think I said "Boot" makes you the perfect soldier(man I cant spell tonight). I think I said it gives you the basics infantry skills.

My friend finished boot and went to Mitlitary journalism plaining on joining Armedforces Radio, When he graduated there was some hiccupe about the posting he requested(something about not having the the need/space for him where he wanted to go), So they allowed him to to back to school for some kind of Press Liasion thing. He said they told him he could go back to school or join an infantry unit untill such time he was needed and or a spot opened up for him. After he finished that he was offered a job with the Honor Guard Drill Team(He is now one of the Anouncers for the guys that go around the country doing display Drills and the like).

As to paintbal/airsoft, yes most people who play just run around as if its some hollywood movie. I was just using the example of dashing to and from cover.

On to Scout Sarge Lennik. Im sorry you have a problem with the way the cover looks I will take a better pic of it for you. It is supposed to be a sign. that has had the lower part of one legg and some of the bottom part blown off, so it tilts to a funky angle. I figured any Inquisitorial Propoganda would be built to withstand massive punishment.

Please dont take any of my remarks personaly. I am not attempting to sound insulting, nor was I in the first place.

On to something else. Are you still in the Military? What type of aircraft do you fly?

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

Well My command squad now has its final member.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0453.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0454.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0455.jpg

Now for a couple of full Command Squad shots.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0452.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0451.jpg

Okay the basic modeling is now done for my command squad.

Only thing im still not sure of is if I like AC Trooper Bob behind his wall I might still change that(he is only blue taced to the base and together. Tommorow I will start with the GS work to fill gaps and make personal banners and purity seals. Mold lines and bits of flash wil all be cleaned up also. I am still thinking Scout Sarge Lennik will get a camo cloak. I will make it and see if I like it or not.

As always comments and criticism welcome.

Ohh and my army list is up in the army list section. Take a peek and tell me what you think.

Here is a Pic for Monkey showing Scout Sarge Lenniks cover a bit better.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0438.jpg

I hope that gives you a better idea of what I was going for.

And just for the hell of it one of the members of my other Termi squad just to show off range of motion. LOL!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0385.jpg

First, I like the squad. :( Cool poses and good modelling. Not a fan of the walls but that's just me.

The Scout termie and his cover. Have you ever played paintball? You tend to duck and weave between anything that will give you cover no matter what it is.

If the terminator armor is so rare why would a person who uses it improperly be placed in it? I'm sorry but this character you've created just doesn't make sense. From what I understand, terminator armor has a very specific battlefield role and is not a jack-of-all-trades but beefier sort of deal. I would assume that he would be trained in the proper application of the terminator armor and thoroughly briefed on the weaknesses of said armor which would most likely include getting cut off/ahead of your fire team. The armor doesn't seem to offer real great mobility which would make a situation in which one is encircled particularly dangerous, this is the kind of position a scout might find himself in as his job is to move well ahead of the main force. I'm not trying to pick on you, so don't start crying or anything, just pointing out that the story you've come up with is a giant pitfall of logic.

@Bionic: You need to relax. A lot. You have some valid points scattered here and there, but you really come across as a very unfriendly know-it-all guy.

I'd like to see a more helpful and less aggressive behaviour from you in the future. I'm sure that you will find that other B&C members will think better of you if you follow this advice.

Thank you. :D

Well, aside from all that.. having no military history whatsoever, I say they all look good. Really its just a matter of moving an arm or two a couple millimetres left or right to get it positioned more anatomically correct. But you having taken the effort to mod them as much as you did is something that isnt getting enough praise. Its a lot better to see models that are like these, interesting to look at, rather than just static straight out of the box assembled ones on the table top. So good work.

Yes, because in the year 40000 after a few Dark Ages, with genetically modified warrior monks being led by a corpse, everything functions as it does in the real world.

So... does being in the army give you permission to be an ass? Lay off.

Anyway. Awesome models!

I actually espcially love how you made the Terminators look mobile! So now they don't look like their in Stephen Hawking poses (Like mine are). Can't wait to see some painting.

Archived