Well it had to happen!

While I may not agree with all of Bionic's posts, he does bring up a good point: the fact that Terminator armor is cumbersome. Quoting Horus Heresy (I know it's not "official fluff", but Dan Abnett know's his stuff):

The armour was designed for heavy assault. Thickly plated and consequently exaggerated in its dimensions, a Terminator suit turned an Astartes warrior into a slow, cumbersome, but entirely unstoppable humanoid tank. An Astartes clad in Terminator plate gave up all his speed, dexterity, agility and range of movement. What he got in return was the ability to shrug off almost any balistic attack.

That aside, I love the squad. Fantastic poses and great background. Now get them painted! :devil:

...just pointing out that the story you've come up with is a giant pitfall of logic.

Since when was Warhammer 40k ever about logic? :(

DV8

Regarding the way the military works I think that I, as a Naval Aviator with six years (since winging) under my belt, know a little bit more about how things work than you do.

Maybe about real world military you know a thing or two, but in the grim darkness of the far future, your knowledge about present military units and tactics amounts to almost nothing. Warhammer 40K is ruled by imagination, and is filled with what you call "pitfalls of logic". It's a game where entertainment, not logic, is king. Things are on the tabletop because they look cool, not because they make sense. So, I think your expertise should be kept on how his models look, and how they might be improved rather than whether or not his unit fluff is good (Especially when you're comparing that fluff to modern day tactics, which is just as unsound as comparing today's military to that of warfare in 38,000 BC). Try to whittle out all the unnecessary comments and keep it down to how he can improve his models. That would be a lot more helpful.

Your last unit has a good pose to it, much like your others @ Nicorex. He has that pose like he's about to scream "OVER THE TRENCHES!" with the barbed wire and all.

Don't take this the wrong way, but with the Command Squad together and that red wire coming out of the Librarian's hand, it looks like the Librarian is throwing confetti and the rest of the squad is yelling "Surprise!"

Your squad has a personalized feel to it (I can't comment on the basic modelling skills, as mine as crap poor so I keep my input limited to a more creative point of view of poses and the like), which is always important to have for your own army, and is very striking to an opponent. A good pose can make even your standard foot unit look pretty darn menacing. :( The Librarian's psychic hood is nice (Although it kind of looks like he's wearing a TDA "hoodie"), but the ribbon on the weapon is beautiful. The combat shield is also a very nice touch.

I'd like to see how you paint them, especially Trooper Lennik and his infamous wall. :devil:

Your last unit has a good pose to it, much like your others @ Nicorex. He has that pose like he's about to scream "OVER THE TRENCHES!" with the barbed wire and all.

Don't take this the wrong way, but with the Command Squad together and that red wire coming out of the Librarian's hand, it looks like the Librarian is throwing confetti and the rest of the squad is yelling "Surprise!"

I'd like to see how you paint them, especially Trooper Lennik and his infamous wall. ;)

When I made Ac trooper Larry, I had in my mind he is plowing into an enemy line with the thought "Did you really think a little razorwire could stop me!"

Well as long as It's not my party they are yelling surprise at, im a happy guy! :devil:

seriously though, once painted I think they should tie together well.

I just hope I can do justice to Lennik's cover. There has been so much disscusion on it now if its not perfect(or almost perfect) I will really be in the doghouse.

DV8, You are completely correct, TDA is slow and bulky with limited agility. This is one of the reasons I make mine in such outlandish poses. How many squads of termis has you seen, built straight from the box. of those how many deviate from standered poses buy more than a few degrees? Even your GD entry( totaly unfair seeing as how he is just one big hunk of metal and is very difficult to repose I know) you could have cut up the crozius arm to position it behind him pointed down a bit as if He is just about to throw his arm forward and declaire a charge. Please take no offenes. I think he is comming out awsome. Your painting skills are really magnificent.

I know alot of you are having trouble with how I have posed some of my models. I just want you to understand this was done on purpose. None of these poses are just slaped together(well they sortof are but lets just keep that to ourselves). I wanted to make sure my opponent from accross the table could see the sense of motion from there. Part of the prob is im showing you pics from 3 or 5 inches away. I need to take some from 3 feet, so you can really understand what I am going for.

As always thanks for all your comments guys. I really appreciae them. :D

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

Okay Boys and Girls!

Here are my 2 termie squads and my Dread Martching across the table.

The whilwind is just there for moral support. :devil:

See from this range and angle I think the hyper extended appendeges work pretty well.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0461.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0460.jpg

Had to yank a pic cause it was to blurry. I will try to get a better overhead shot later.

Archived