Termie conversion idea

I'm going to get a box of loyalist terminators soon so I can use their bodies in a non-PA project. This is going to leave me with termie arms, heads and weapons.

I think I can make some decent looking termies, claiming their armor to be an obscure/pre-heresy pattern, if I add the arms to standard marine bodies, place spare regular shoulder pads behind the neck so I have a place to slot the heads, then make the "back deck" piece found on terminator armor out of putty.

Or I can just sell the extra bits on e-bay and deprive the Storm Hounds DIY chapter of terminator support.

What does anyone else think?

Well I vote you build at least one and let us see it. I would also bulk up their lower legs to show how stable they are. But I say go for it.

Thanks for the input. Although, I must warn that my putty skills are sub-par, seeing as though the only things I've ever sculpted are stormboy jumpacks and boxer shorts for killa kans for my Ork army. I think if I make the shapes even and smooth on the terminators I shouldn't be too bad off, however.

Well the arms for a standard marine pack does come with lots of powerfist, but its unlikely you will use all of them. Why not go for the assault termis and get lots of LCs and thunderhammers which you can put on your characters or pass them to someone who wants to use them?

The plastic termi has a larger chest than that of the normal tactical marine, so you might wanna bulk the tacs up quite a bit. If you do have access to some of the older termis, you could give them an arm swap or something, or use them as a base for the preheresy models.

Archived