DA Army

ODM

As it has been so long since i updated, I thought I would just start a new thread rather than dig back 30 pages. I started these guys in December, but the last couple months the additions have been few and far between. On the home stretch though, with the most recently a quick pic of the command squad.

http://odmiller.tripod.com/id17.html

4th pic down the page. Well, except for the banner itself, these guys are done. I will reshoot a better pic when the banner's done. It will be a hand painted Standard of Devastation.

After that, 3 more bikes and a rhino.

wow, those are some finely painted DA models my friend :jaw: cudos for that :blush:

Im working on my own meduas force (blood angels) but cant post pictures atm (resizing difficulties :P )

Veyr nice, I like the templar robe conversions especially. Not too sure about the hoods on the scouts, but the rest is looking very good.

I take it you're doing pre-heresy DA and not a successor chaptor?

Looking good, though I can't help but laugh at the robed assault marine. His "skirt" will fly up whenever he lands, and he does the Marilyn Monroe pose ^_^

I know, I know, room 42 :wub:

These guys are a post heresy, pre-plains world DA army. That explains the black Deathwing. I figure there's at least 6 - 7 thousand years of fluff with Black armored Deathwing, so...

Me, :wub: the Assault marine sgt has to sew little elastic bands around his legs to keep his dress down.

Thanks for the comments.

Since the scout sgt's are veterans (note the teleport homers), I went for the hoods. It was a controversial move at the time, and remains so, but I decided once my DA made veteran status, no head would go uncovered!

Very nice! Excellent work painting your army to that standard. :wub:

The only problem I can spot is the HQ units - They fail to DEMAND attention, they aren't exactly eye-cathing. But overall, the army is top-knotch! ^_^

wow, those are some finely painted DA models my friend :( cudos for that ^_^

Im working on my own meduas force (blood angels) but cant post pictures atm (resizing difficulties :wub: )

Open them in paint, then press ctrl+w

Fill in what % of the original size you want (25 - 40 is quite good).

Save and upload

Thanks for the feedback guys. The Standard is hand painted, and was relatively straightforward as I had to match the design of the GW one for WYSIWYG reasons.

The way I tackled it was just to paint in layers. I chose 2 or 3 colors for each item in the banner, a base, a main color, and a highlight. For example the robe was black, DA Green, and Goblin green I think, the bones were Brown, bleached bone, and white, etc. Then I painted all the base colors, then all the main colors then the highlights. No blending to speak of. As the banner is postage stamp size, it comes together pretty well.

Sweet minis,Really well painted,at least you still have the "will" to collect dark angels,I lost faith after a couple battles and turned to world eaters,might end up converting my dark angels to chaos,say iron warriors!

Archived