Drilling out Guns

Morfesto

I just finished dilling out the bolters of my CSM and I was wondering if you guys drill anything else.

Perhaps plasma guns, melta guns?

If so what size bit do you use ? I used the smallest bit from the GW pinning kit.

Pictures would be nice <_<

I drill out melta gun barrels...

and the heat diffusers as well. Takes a lot of tie, and a jewllers saw as well as a drill...

I too drill out my Melta heat diffusers. I got the bits I use from RadioShack. One came with an Xmods tool kit (I use this bit to drill out the fronts of heavy bolters, plasma cannons, meltas/mmeltas as it's fairly large). The other drill came as a set from their regular tool line (it's called a Commando drill for some reason). Basically identical to a pinvise, but with more variety in bits (and they're stronger, so I can move them laterally to drill out the diffusers on plastic models).

I drill out all barrels, exhausts and even some coupler points on my Techmarines.

For some examples of drilled out barrels, check out my Land Raider gallery in my sig.

I would really like to see what a drilled out melta gun looks like. So many people here say they do it, yet I have yet to ever see a single melta drilledout for the heat vents/diffusers.

"Show and tell" time, instead of just "tell".

Drilling out holes, just how far? Sorry I don't have a picture of the assault weapon just yet, but I did snap this pic for a friend of mine. I only go a few mm's inward and dont go all the way back, to me it just looks better. I dont know why. I use to, then drill out either side of the vents as well. For the bigger assault weap's i use the drill bit 2 sizes larger then the one pictured here.

http://home.comcast.net/~eqdruid/pics/sgpfist.jpg

I drilled out all the holes on my LRC exhausts as well. Not that you notice them, unless you look really hard.. <_<

Does anyone else drill out the side holes on bolters, as well as the front muzzle hole?

I would really like to see what a drilled out melta gun looks like. So many people here say they do it, yet I have yet to ever see a single melta drilledout for the heat vents/diffusers.

"Show and tell" time, instead of just "tell".

For the Melta I just do the front of the barrell. I leave the vents alone.

I drill everything, bolters, plasma guns, plasma cannons, heavy bolters, should pads (ok, that's battle damage), and also lots of drilling to stick in pins...

I just like drilling.

I HATE to see well painted (or just in general models people want C&C for) that haven't drilled out bolters...first round of shooting BLAM, exploded due to a non-existant chamber, marine down.

Archived