SW SM Space Wolves Hero or Lord CONVERTED By Scibor

TheRat

Scribor actually just scanns drawing into the computer and uses a 3-d vector program to make digital files of them, then he uses a 3-d micro machine or whatever they are called he might even have a lazer one to scult his stuff, so its all digital, the guys a total jerk from what i've gotten, he cranks em out all the time mostly for money from what i cna see, as he ebay store (chestofcolors) is always full of em, anyways he hates tlakign to people about the minis, or giving tutorial, he doens't believe in tutorials, so the guy is crazy hard to find or get ahold of, but thats just my 2cents

scribor uses a CAD program to create molds using a CNC machine. he does not actually sculpt anything by hand. regardless, his stuff is still awesome!

just had to clear that up

Well, he does sculpt SOME stuff by hand...but that would be stuff like the facial hair. Which, as already mentioned, is the weakest part right off the bat. I know his work has been the topic of much debate and even controversy in the past, and yes he might have his faults or whatever, but mostly the guy can do what he wants. If people keep paying what he asks despite being opposed to his take on the hobby, who can you really hold it against. Anyway.

Personally I don't care for his stuff. It's all a bit bland and looks the same no matter what he's making. I know the CAD program let's him churn these puppies out, but what for? I don't feel that his contributions add anything to the hobby. Of course this is just my opinion.

When I first saw his stuff on ebay I was amazed. Had some really neat and orginal BT guys going. But now he is using the same basic mold shape for almost every single model, and sometimes the models have completely wrong wargear(IE stuff they cant be armed with), so if you are buuying just to paint thats cool. but sometimes they are illegal to use in an army.

I know people keep buying them. cause I see them all the time on ebay.

I even bought one a long time ago. It was a cool looking Inquisitor. I had plans on poping off his arms and reworking them to make his a Libarian in Artificer armor. I just never did it, so he sits in my drawer.

I think I decided I liked the look of my own conversions better. They might not be nearly as pretty, but they are mine and make me happy.

Looks neat.. but like everyone has said before..

Everything is the same as his other figures with slight variation.. no originality..

It's worse that he doesn't sculpt it himself.. it cheapens the work that people, who actually sculpt, do.

I also dislike the fact that he sells them for ridiculous prices [$150??].. I suppose that's the buyer's fault if he/she is stupid enough to buy it.. but still.

It's decent stuff. The CAD-made stuff anyways.

Take a look at his other auction, specifically the biker chappy one. I have a feeling that the skull was hand-made: it doesn't even have discernable teeth.

HOWEVER: I'd also like to point out he still makes good cash doing this, and does, in fact, do this. It's still more than I do for my own models.

He created a interesting way to convert figures and hes done well selling them. All the power to him.

Do I like his limited pallet of designs, not really but to eash his own. he just took the hobby to a new direction.

Scribor has only ever sculpted one thing by hand...Chuck Norris's beard.

His first 2 CAD "Sculpts" were Chucks left and right fists; to this day, still his best sculpts.

Just ask Chucks victims ^_^

I think his stuff is still awesome, even if it is a bit cookie cutter now. The man has skill, even if it's only with digital manipulation, he has skill. I know a few techniques and tricks to using photoshop, doesn't make me a digital artist. Likewise, even if other people had access to his CAD software and 3D printer, it would't for a moment allow them to copy his models unless that had a fair amount of skill with the stuff. Hell, GW is doing the exact same thing with their new CAD sculpting technology, although that is a considerably grander scale.

And besides, he does scult a lot of details by hand. His hand sculpting is still nowhere near as good as his CAD sculpts, but he's gotten better. Whether you care for the guy's work or not, I think he deserves at least some respect for what he does.

this guy makes a lot of money with his stuff....

I don't like it that much and would never ever buy any of this very expensive stuff...

many people don't seem to like him

here's a funny link

Take a look

Archived