Termie Squad Mortis LAST WIP!

I said it before and I will say it agin!

If I didnt luv your work so much I would really Hate your guts!

<_<

hehehehe

Looking very very rightious!

Okay I promise this is the LAST wip. Tommorrow the entry will be completely done, which means no one will see anything else until after the GD. So wish me luck ;D

So here it is, the banner on the Vet, front and back views. And yes I noticed that H is a bit screwy lol.

http://greenman.publicmine.com/gallery/alb...t_Front_WIP.jpg

http://greenman.publicmine.com/gallery/alb...et_Back_WIP.jpg

Ja

i'm not one to just post praise posts... but damn... that banner is just sexy.

I say leave the base simple, don't go too overboard on the scenic base, and overpower the unit themselves. Remember Bushido's termies that he won with that off-color base?

those are fantastic, the contrast between the black and the nmm and fire is great!

my only suggestion, would be why not try something a little fancier on the fire? thats the way everyone does those kinds of flames... why not try texturing the fire with small strokes, like van gogh style impressionism? might be cool, worth an experiment on another piece at least no? and last but not least maybe some kinda glow or lighting effects from the eyes to pull out the sinister look.

overall though, im just trying to think of something to put it over the top, but youre def already in the running im sure for a demon.

congrats!

Looking swell (once I remember you're going for the original reversed flames iconography :devil: ). THe base I'm not a fan of, mainly the lighting effect, on that base alone, looks more like red paint than light. I suggest a super light drybrush of an orangey colortowards the edge of the base and pretty much althrough the red rocks to show light is hitting the top of the rocks. Right now, the red paint goes all the way in the cracks between the rocks, which does not convey the look of light hitting the rocks from a certain direction, instead it looks like red paint the is flooding the rocks, because red has no direction. A slight brightening of the rocks towards your light source, like a light drybrush, should help convey the idea that light is just touching the rocks.

The bottom of the banner, below "Mortis" looks plain, like you didn't know what to do with it. Do something with it ;) . More piled up skulls, or make it black like the strip that's above the Mortis scroll, but definetly freehand something in there.

Don't stop pushing yourself, your task ends just before you leave to take the plane!

Email me so we can finilaze our plans for Saturday meet-up;

Boltman

I think Ihave redone the flames and lighting effect about 4 times so far so I hope I finally have it right lol. I have been trying to perfect it. I think the main problem is that I uised a sirbrush for the first layer and it painted the rocks in thier entirety, I should just have started with the drybrushing... guess I know for next time.

I may do someting with the bottom of the banner yet, but for right now the termies are finished, I have to move onto the other two entries I have yet to fully complete. I have about two days work there, so I may not have time to go back an revisit the termies.

Email is on the way ;)

Ja

I thought you were gonna remove the horizon lines on the sergeants sword.

Anyway, they look really nice. I'm not sure if the really dark basing is good, it does sort of make the black clearer to look at, while at the same time the models don't pop out as much as they would from a lighter non greyscale colour.

Good luck with the demons

Cheers

I decided to remove the display base completely. I am just going with a basic gloss black base. I think it will display the minis much better.

Good idea, I really agree with that reasoning. They should look very good on a completely black surface, with no details at all to distract. :tu:

Cheers

Superb work!! Everything has pretty much been said already - So I'll just wishyou the best of luck at the Canadian Games Day - One of the toughest Demons going.

I will be keen to see the outcome and hopefull that yours will be one of the winning entries.

Archived