Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Baltimore Games Day 2006 Demon Coverage

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
129 replies to this topic

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,582 posts
These galleries come courtesy of Duende over at the CMoN forums. Please keep your comments on topic.

40k Single

40k Squad

40k Large Model

The Marine on Lizardmount is from Bushido btw.

Original Thread should you want to view the non 40k stuff.
The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!
Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed
Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Selling off the PILE OF SHAME! Links to my ebay page for everything that is going up over the next 10 days:
Kurgan's Pile of Shame auctions

Nicorex

Nicorex

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 870 posts
My Godz there are some spectacular minis in there.
QUOTE (A D-B @ Mar 20 2012, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But sometimes, like now, it's just terrifying.

A D-B thinks im tinfoil hat crazy!

BoltMan is my Master Now!
"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

PsychosisPC

PsychosisPC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,308 posts
Looks like Victor Hardy finally got to enter his DemonPrince.

dragonforge

dragonforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 605 posts

Yeah but Im curious did it get disqualified again??? Did he place withit?

Who won the sword..did anyone hear?

VtrAxX

VtrAxX

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,143 posts
From what I've been told Bushido beat Victor Hardy. No Hardy didnt get disqualified. And to second dragonforge who won the sword?!

Vtraxx Out
*To Succeed You must work Hard*
*Believe in yourself*
*You will make it if you believe*
------------------------------------------------------------------------
WOOOOOOOOOO!!!! 400th POST!!- December 21, 2004 at 7.22pm
WOOOOO! 600TH POST!- March 8th, 2005 at 9:51pm!
IPB Image

PsychosisPC

PsychosisPC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,308 posts

Unless he changed it from when I saw it at Adepticon in 2005, it probably freaked some people out, and would not get fairly judged unless he had a 20 page dissertation on what it all meant. And its easily one of the best miniatures I have ever seen in person.

bushido's model looks very nice also, but that saddle looks like it could really hurt. :tu:

Edited by PsychosisPC, 14 May 2006 - 05:35 PM.

Brother Captain Achilles

Brother Captain Achilles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 669 posts
Im confused as to why it wouldve freaked people out. It looked fine to me.
Virtus Quod Veneratio!!

"The warrior who acts out of honor cannot fail. His duty is honor itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure. For it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."
Roboute Guilliman Primarch of the Ultramarines

Or when the Emperor comes back in time, like the movie Terminator and has to fight a liquid metal Horus.
NemFex

PsychosisPC

PsychosisPC

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,308 posts

Im confused as to why it wouldve freaked people out. It looked fine to me.

It was in the wings and the banner back when it was banned, think stations of the cross with a very evil/demon like twist. And seeing it I could understand why some people would be offended by it, if he was not telling them his reasoning behind it all as to what it meant.

To keep KTL happy I won't go any further than that on the explanation.

Edited by PsychosisPC, 14 May 2006 - 06:05 PM.

Marshal Draziel

Marshal Draziel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 237 posts
Off Topic - There is seriously some people out there SO easily offended... Religion beeing one of the greatest sinners...
GW has taken so much inspiration from modern christian history and fiction, and yet still, the normal whiners don't whine about that.
The example of Daemons and devils, and such... wouldn't that freak 'em out just as much??

My point being, that you shouldn't let improper things like that ruin a great modelling experince..

IMO the Daemon Prince is by far the greatest model... Even if he did it, with a point of reference in religious belief.. its still a masterpiece!

Edited by Marshal Draziel, 14 May 2006 - 06:09 PM.

Gryphin

Gryphin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 301 posts
man... after always seeing the winners and highlights of a GD, seeing the whole field of entries makes me realize just how big of a range of skill there is in the GD's. Some of those models I wouldn't even consider being past average tabletop quality.

I see that freehand filigree was the order of the day for the Large Models :tu: That Demon is very nice, I love the shocked Madonna banner. Would love to have seen some more pics of it.

Herald_of_Nurgle

Herald_of_Nurgle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts
I loved Victor Hardy's demon prince it was jaw-droppin insnae of hte freehand on the thing. For Slayer Sword, the person that won had an awesome beastman group that was dedicated to Tzeentch I think.
IPB Image
My webpage[Still in Construction]
My Pbase Gallery

dienekes96

dienekes96

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 279 posts
I expected Hardy's DP to win. The design, colors, and freehand were impeccable. One of the three best minis I've ever seen. That said, Bushido's Marine was gorgeous. Top shelf work. And if the Beatsman squad is the one with the gorgeous banners and coloring, it's a worthy winner.

A pretty solid year. Hardy's piece had to be seen from all angles to be believed.

Edited by dienekes96, 14 May 2006 - 07:26 PM.

Ahmato

Ahmato

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,415 posts
I dunno about you lot, but the SE-NMM Emperor's Champion is simply stunning :blink:

StratoKhan

StratoKhan

++EQUITES ALBATUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,816 posts
I just can't seem to view those pictures.
We could all just scream and leap...
I'm all in favour of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.

-Frank Lloyd Wright.

Chronophague

Chronophague

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,370 posts

I dunno about you lot, but the SE-NMM Emperor's Champion is simply stunning jawdrop.gif

Hardly... The reflections are so messed up it would probably get a 7-8 on CMON... I think it just looks odd...

Grats to the winners.

Cheers
--Tragic legend, eerie stratum--
My eye is the vortex from which nothing escapes
I am dematerialization of the self
I am the axis in the wheel of reincarnation
The endless singularity

Venerable Jazzman

Venerable Jazzman

++ FELULA DEDERO ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,841 posts
I'm really impressed that someone painted a Dread in a tuna-steak camouflage. I'd love to see the battlefield that fits in to.. :blink:

++spelling++

Edited by Brother Jazzman, 14 May 2006 - 09:10 PM.

Aesthetics will naturally weed out the bad choices.

Suffer not the douche to play.

Did you know that a halfwit with a wife beater tank top and a belt made out of an extension cord can swing a toaster on a stick better than a squad of Terminators can swing Fists? 

Dragoonman

Dragoonman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 134 posts
I think it's a wood grain pattern, not a fish fillet. :blink:
There are two rules to success in life:
1-Don't tell anyone everything you know.

Ahmato

Ahmato

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,415 posts

I dunno about you lot, but the SE-NMM Emperor's Champion is simply stunning jawdrop.gif

Hardly... The reflections are so messed up it would probably get a 7-8 on CMON... I think it just looks odd...

Grats to the winners.

Cheers

Well, to me, I think it looks good, and to be honest I couldn't care less about what it gets on CMON.

Elijah7

Elijah7

++ SERPENS INCENDIUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,643 posts
Bushido took the gold with his marine on Lizardback, Hardy took Silver.

Roachvan (from here at the B&C) entered the woodgrained dread.

In 40K single, an ork took first place (I don't see the pic in the gallery), first row second shot took silver, and Jokersminis (first page, bottom row, third pic) took bronze.

Joker also made first cut in fantasy single and in open.

When we learned that Bushido wasn't taking the sword, we ducked out, so I couldn't tell you who won.
Follow my exploits as I try to finish my Legion of the Darned marines, as well as a table full of terrain.
http://www.bolterand...rogress-thread/

==Me==

==Me==

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,422 posts
Great stuff, I just love that DP and lizard-riding marine :rolleyes:

Does anyone know where this shield came from?
Angels of the Lion
Oh yeah, well I'll go make ==My== own blog, with Blackjack & Hookers

roachvan

roachvan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 391 posts
Yes, It's a woodgrained pattern. :rolleyes:
I wish I had time to get a Name plate for it.
The Dread.'s name is Venerable Dreadnought Clockwork Smurf of The Astrosmurf Chapter. :jaw:
Yes, I have a whole chapter with blue and white marines and wooden vechials.
The chapter badge is a Smurf Hat.

Did anyone see my other entry in the open catagory?
It was a Chaos Dread with spider legs and nid bits.

Edited by roachvan, 15 May 2006 - 12:59 AM.

" No look, I'm you from the future. I've come to warn you that in 3 million years you'll be dead! "
- Rimmer, Stasis Leak

Imperial
Dark Angels 3rd company, Deathwing, Ravenwing,
Other Marines: The Astrosmurfs chapter, Brotherhood of the Black Sword (Templars),
Witch Hunters, Imperial Guard.

Non- Imperial
Chaos Fallen Dark Angels, Daemons, Tau, Eldar, Orks

Herald_of_Nurgle

Herald_of_Nurgle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts

When we learned that Bushido wasn't taking the sword, we ducked out, so I couldn't tell you who won.

If you are curious dude the guy that won slayer sword was the dud that painted the Beastman Wargroup with the Tzeentch theme. :) Also, sorry for trying ot smile for the camera, I just hate pics taken of me >.< There eviiil....
IPB Image
My webpage[Still in Construction]
My Pbase Gallery

dragonforge

dragonforge

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 605 posts

Great stuff, I just love that DP and lizard-riding marine :)

Does anyone know where this shield came from?

It's either a plastic Empire shield or from a Dogs of war unit. Sorry I cant help more than that.

Brother Captain Achilles

Brother Captain Achilles

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 669 posts
Its the Empire Spearman Shield.
Virtus Quod Veneratio!!

"The warrior who acts out of honor cannot fail. His duty is honor itself. Even his death - if it is honourable - is a reward and can be no failure. For it has come through duty. Seek honour as you act, therefore, and you will know no fear."
Roboute Guilliman Primarch of the Ultramarines

Or when the Emperor comes back in time, like the movie Terminator and has to fight a liquid metal Horus.
NemFex

Chronophague

Chronophague

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,370 posts

Well, to me, I think it looks good, and to be honest I couldn't care less about what it gets on CMON.

CMON is just an example. I think it's kinda sad that even tho someone has painted NMM so wrong, people still think it looks good. Which means, that those who actually paint it right, might not even get the "praise" they should deserve for the hard work they put into it. And there is more work in considering reflections, than hap-hazardly painting horizon lines and then doing some decent blending.

Cheers
--Tragic legend, eerie stratum--
My eye is the vortex from which nothing escapes
I am dematerialization of the self
I am the axis in the wheel of reincarnation
The endless singularity