WIP Chaplain - DONE, NEW PICS

shadowhawk

i suggest cutting the wings off of the skull, and lowering them down, so that the joint is right by the top of the skull. as well as lowering his grip on the haft, so he appears to be in a more "combat-ready" pointing or rallying pose

*edit* for the grip, divide the haft into thirds, and put his hand on the line dividing the 1st and 2nd thirds when starting at the top of the weapon. *edit*

nice model, the pose is very nice, could you tell me where the head came from please ?

The head comes form Chaos Space Marines sprue.

i suggest cutting the wings off of the skull, and lowering them down, so that the joint is right by the top of the skull. as well as lowering his grip on the haft, so he appears to be in a more "combat-ready" pointing or rallying pose

*edit* for the grip, divide the haft into thirds, and put his hand on the line dividing the 1st and 2nd thirds when starting at the top of the weapon. *edit*

I know what are you meaning. I alredy thing about it, but I'm realy not sure how it could ends (due to lack of my sklis). I thing perhaps cut down the shaft by 4-5mm from the end. Opinions?

I think it looks good so far, although his armour does look plain, though you've already said you've got the purity seals/scrolls covered, so thats ok.

Is the backpack going to stay? I would have opted for somthing more ornamental, but as it stands it doesn't matter, now go get it painted :P

nice model, the pose is very nice, could you tell me where the head came from please ?

It's a bushido helm

You are right, Bushido was first who used it on Chaplain. His Chaplain still can be found i his photogallery.

I think it looks good so far, although his armour does look plain, though you've already said you've got the purity seals/scrolls covered, so thats ok.

Is the backpack going to stay? I would have opted for somthing more ornamental, but as it stands it doesn't matter, now go get it painted :D

I'm thinking to use CSM backpack, but still I'm not sure if he doesnot look too chaosy. Second option could be Azrael's backpack with skulls.

Nice chappie, well, a basis for one anyhow, IMHO it needs more skulls, purity seals and icons. As a suggestion for the backpack, I used WHFB tomb king skelly heads(the ones missing the lower jaw) and added them to a regular backpack.

Here it is

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v78/daviej37/lcchapback.jpg

Not the chaos pack, way to heretical :wacko:

I like it, I used the same helm and a similar robed BT torso to make mine. It can come out great with enough iconic stuff on him.

RoV

Can you post yours?

I don't want it to be hijacking your thread, but since you asked... :D

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/ratofvengence/chappiejump1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/ratofvengence/ch.jpg

I put some chaos debris at the base, and used the chaos helm, but that is as far as I would go without making look to traitorous. The relics that come with the BT sprue work well, I guess another couple of purity seals would be good too. I haven't finished painting it yet, it was bit of a rush job for a tourney.

The skull idea of daviej could work, but be carefull that it isn't too much with the skull helm as well.

RoV

A chaos backpack with the big vents ving things removed and the vent ends re-glued to the sides should do the trick for the backpack :wacko: Really gothic and ancient looking and fitting for a Chaplain.

The sense of motion/action can always make a mini stand out on the table.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0392.jpg

This isnt my best example, but I think it convey's motion pretty good.

I know your minis, they are pretty good, but particulary this one looks to me a little off balance...and what about your finger? ;)

A chaos backpack with the big vents ving things removed and the vent ends re-glued to the sides should do the trick for the backpack ;) Really gothic and ancient looking and fitting for a Chaplain.

It's realy interesting idea, I will try...

Not the chaos pack, way to heretical :P

I like it, I used the same helm and a similar robed BT torso to make mine. It can come out great with enough iconic stuff on him.

RoV

Can you post yours?

I don't want it to be hijacking your thread, but since you asked... ;)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/ratofvengence/chappiejump1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/ratofvengence/ch.jpg

I put some chaos debris at the base, and used the chaos helm, but that is as far as I would go without making look to traitorous. The relics that come with the BT sprue work well, I guess another couple of purity seals would be good too. I haven't finished painting it yet, it was bit of a rush job for a tourney.

The skull idea of daviej could work, but be carefull that it isn't too much with the skull helm as well.

RoV

Hey, I've seen him before, I took litte of inspiration from him ;)

Shadowhawk said- I know your minis, they are pretty good, but particulary this one looks to me a little off balance...

Yes he does. that one reason he isnt going in my new army. I really just posted the pic to give you an idea of what I was talking about. I dont expect you to copy him hehehe.

Something lots of us forget (aslong as you are not making him to be a GD entry) our minis will be for the most part seen from a distance. Over-exageration dosent seem so over the top from 3-5 feet away, what it does it make the mini really stand out, and draw your eye to it. We all post pics taken from inches to a foot away, this distort's the true sense of the mini. I know lots of my work looks on the funky side from less than a foot away, But from 4 feet it comes off like a raging storm heading across the table(at least I think so and hope my opponents do as well).

Anyway good luck with him. I think you are off to a fine start.

Just dont forget my cardnel rule of converting

"If you like it, Keep it that way, no matter what anyone else says."

I say this because you will never be able to please everyone. If you please yourself (and I mean artisticly), You have won a major battle.

I cant tell you how many times I have ripped guys apart and started over before ever posting them here, and getting feedback from my peers.

p.s. Thanks for asking about my finger, it still stings a bit if I jab anything intio it, but it has stopped bleading.

I like it mate. The belt buckle is fantastic, and the littel purity seals are great. Where did they come from?

I sort of prefer the original crozius, but theis one is sort of held in a "behold and fear this :wacko: " sort of pose. He looks really great. :P

RoV

Archived