First time painting, ever

azial

looks pretty solid for a first try!

my only crit would be that the color of green you used is too bluey, and doesn't match the transfers. Try highlighting it with scorpion green :tu:

Also i can't see the metal very clearly but it looks not so great, try drybrushing it, instead of just applying it in a thick coat.

the last thing is that they look a tad bright for chaos, but thats just personal preference.

the last thing is that they look a tad bright for chaos, but thats just personal preference.

I believe that is part of the Alpha Legions tactics, masquerading as Loyalist Marines, so I personally can live with them not being dark and brooding.

Brave to go with large vehicles as your first painting projects! They look fine to me.

BL

Personally Im not a big fan of written texts on models like that, perhaps in a different style. But since these are your first time painting stuff ever its quite skilled what you got there! You should check out your PM, I got something that might interest you!

Before I give my criticism I'd like to say well done for your frist "army" and I acn tell your going to be one hell of a gamer soon. your free hand is very neat.

As for criticism I have a rule where I always high light at least 5 times to get my models the way I want them.

KQD

Keep at it

They look great for first attempts, though I'd echo the sentiment - get a bottle of blue or blue-green ink, think it down loads (about 5:1 of water:ink) and add a droplet of washing up liquid to it. Then apply around the edges of armour plates and other recessed areas. That will help bring out the detail on the armour, as at the scale the models are, you need teh exaggerate these sort of details..

Archived