Torquemada, Placed 2nd

Starks333

What about a very dark metal then? Perhaps like Tin Bits? It even a little browny
***well problem is ive NMM techniques so i cant introduce metallics

That is amazing, just keep on what you're doing now, it really works

***thanks! its a pain to improve WHILE painting...my silver and gold lacks consistency because of it, but its not TOO noticeable, and i can just say well the silvers are different shades :P

If the hammer is appearing to glow from inside - then add a very very thing thing of white through the groove (thinned-down white mixed with a little yellow should suffice)

i had white originally before i re-blended, im thinking about doing it again for the reason mentioned, i have a very light yellow right now, its about 3/4 white 1/4 golden yellow

***i should take a new picture showing his brown hammer handle, thanks to "NoxI" for the suggestion, brown keeps the handle dull the hammer head bright, and balances it out i think

***well...off to finish the model :)

Starks

Well you say the camera is washing out the base.. that's the only thing jumping at me. It looks really monochromatic.

I really like the hammer effect, don't remember seeing one done like that before. I liked it a little more in the earlier pics though when there was more red. It had more of a pulse without the perfect distribution of each shade in equal bands.

Win or lose you should be proud, it's a cool mini!

very nice, very very nice....one of the best painted versions of that model i have seen....the only thing i would work on is the depth of the fur on the top of his cloak...i dunno it just looks a bit flat..hmmm thts just me i think, anyway good job!

Well you say the camera is washing out the base.. that's the only thing jumping at me. It looks really monochromatic.

I really like the hammer effect, don't remember seeing one done like that before. I liked it a little more in the earlier pics though when there was more red. It had more of a pulse without the perfect distribution of each shade in equal bands.

Win or lose you should be proud, it's a cool mini!

***ya im unsure if i did or not...im kinda impartial, mostly because i just...dont....care anymore...hahaha im hittin like 30 hours hahaha i never painted a mini for sooo long hahaha, but ya, i think i agree the red did give it more of that quality...thanks!, i am proud mostly because its technically my first real painted mini! since i was lazy on the other 5 ive done...

Bah, I have to compete against THAT? Looks like I might not be entering the Astronomican comp after all...

Well, that's that reason -- and I don't have anything painted right now. Go me.

***naaaah, i could easily get hammered by people as ive seen FAR better minis, but its not about the wining its about the motivation to improve, and learn

very nice, very very nice....one of the best painted versions of that model i have seen....the only thing i would work on is the depth of the fur on the top of his cloak...i dunno it just looks a bit flat..hmmm thts just me i think, anyway good job!

****hahah thanks! i tried to go for difference from all the ones ive seen, i think my bird is one of the best ive seen, i worked on it and i think it turned out, the highlights may be hard to see in the photos they are in person too because the light reflects off those parts!

the fur: was a HUUUUUGE jerk...i hated that fur...im still unsure if ive managed to fill all the metal i just keep finding spots

there are 4 highlights on the fur, might not of taken well in photos, but because i could paint the fur well it was difficult to get the depth you would normally want, so ya, i can see where you are coming from

thanks!

Starks

Archived