Final Warp Dragons Colour Scheme

Sternhammer

Hey

Ive decided to have a go at painting red for the first time, So here he is my chaos shooty champion, Please ignore the mess of grey on the bolt pistol arm im gonna resculpt it as soon as I get some Green stuff, I quite like the face. The idea behind the black is its highlighted with green to give it a marbalish effect.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/Ste...er/DSC00298.jpg

All comments and critism welcome, Please help me improve my painting

Sternhammer

+++ Oversized picture changed to link +++

Red + Green + Model = The Jingle Bell Guard? Oo;

Honestly, Red and Green in my mind has never really gone together with anything besides Christmas.

Good painting, I will give you that. The sceme itself needs a little work. :3

Alpha

I'd say the colors could work, but not alternating like you have on your model. Like Alpha PTP, I think it looks like a Christmas Marine, not a bearer of dread tidings. Maybe have the limbs one color and the torso/helmet another? Or perhaps green on the torso, legs and helmet, red on the arms, and a gree boltgun casing?

I like it, the red and green look good together, and the gold really breaks them apart imo. The one thing that you used two metallics, silver and gold. I don't like gold personally, so I could be a little biased, but try it with just one colour and see if it sort of tidies up the mini any. Over all, I think its a cool colour scheme.

iMho the gold makes it looks like a christmas bauble.

too many colours that are too different. The red and green look good though, and definately have potential.

It might just be the pic, but here's a good tip:

Keep two rinse jars for rinsing out your brush, one for metallics, the other for non-metallics.

Otherwise, you risk the little shiny bits getting into your non-metallics, and making them look odd. Oh, and change the water in both jars frequently, waaaay before it becomes swamp juice. Not doing this can make your colors look "muddy".

Archived