Ceramic Crusaders

Kuroneko

Heres the start (i've painted about half) of my 1500p BTish chapter.

I really didn't like the jumppacks, but we need fast fellers, so i went for the ol' wings-angle.

I'm neither a superb painter nor sculptor, so any C&C is very velcome:

I really like this model, alltho his passive stance might be better suited outside the assaultsquad.

med_gallery_12072_542_19969.jpg

gallery_12072_542_4217.jpg

This is the last model I painted, but It's been a while since taking any pics, so these got al little too dark.

gallery_12072_542_12593.jpg

gallery_12072_542_261.jpg

Groupshot of the six painted jumpdudes. Two more to go.(Pic is too wide, i think):

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/114...12072_542_70091.

Ive also painted some scouts, a predator, a razorback some tac marines, an emperors champion, a chaplain and two terminators, but these are all the pics I have as of yet.

One of four Neophytes:

gallery_12072_542_9943.jpg

Sakai, now downgraded from sarge to initiate:

gallery_12072_542_18834.jpg

The Chaplain, Otomo

gallery_12072_542_13508.jpg

Two terminators. The one with the mask must have borrowed the chaplains old one or something, cause hes just a normal termie.

med_gallery_12072_542_12342.jpg

I will take more pictures as I have the time if anyone is interested.

Looks like good table top quality to me.

The thing these guys can really use is some blacklining. You have no idea how good minis look with just some good blacklining and stark highlights. I blackline by taking a very fine brushtip, some diluted (slightly, not extremely thin) black paint, and just paint all the creases and cracks by hand. It might take a while, but for me, the results are worth it :unsure:

Your Chaplain is the best model by far, although the blood could be made to look a bit more realistic by adding either gloss varnish (weird, you used it everywhere while it should be here ;), just use satin or matt varnish on the models themselves), or some red ink.

The conversions are great by the way, swooping hawks bits?

Hope this helped :)

Consider the wings officialy "Snagged" :unsure:

A little advice, varnish isn't nice, it's as treacherous as a skaven grey seer, maybe try he other stuff , puity seal, i beleive that should go on with less shiny.

Thanks for the encouragements!

Glossy? Yup. It's not as bad without supersharp light as in these photos, but it's still not good. However, i feel it's better to have the hole army too glossy than to have half of it too glossy and the other half matte. And the metals do look better... pah. I'll continue crying now.

Blacklining: Yeah. Well, I can't argue that these wouldn't look better with it, I honestly don't know. However, I don't think I'd like it. Never really found blacklined models appealing. Comes down to individual taste, i guess...

Starker highligts: I think I agree. I've tried to do the highlighting really subtle here, but as these models don't hold up to close scrutiny anyways, added viewability from a bit more distance should be all to the good. Especially when i refuse blacklining :angry:

I'm too lazy to do it with these ones, but I think I'm gonna apply it to the rest.

Swooping hawk bits: aye.

New name....

To be perfectly honest, i've thought this myself. Ceramic Crusaders is quite a silly name. However, I want to keep the (admittedly weak) reference to black templars. Any suggestions?

Archived