Dark Angel

I think it looks good. The highlights on the armour looks like almost natural, but highlights on the robe look a little harsh. Maybe its just me. It really is a nice looking mini imo.

What technique did you use to paint him, it looks like layering to me, but I'm not sure?

For the moment he looks very much like just, a Dark Angel, because well, the Fallen have black armour I think(?) because they rebelled before the Legion changed the color of their armours..

Looking good though but change that for the next mini :D

Unless of course that little detail was just what you wanted?

Not a chance. The Fallen rebelled before the end of the Horus Heresy. After they rebelled and left the Dark Angel, the Dark Angels turned their armour from black to green.

And the shoulderpad is post-heresy as well, they used red for chapterbadges then.

It really is a great mini, but in the end it's just another Dark Angel, not anywhere near a Fallen.

well a problem with saying they decided to repaint their armor to impersonate isnt realy a good idea because the fallen think they are in the right so they wouldnt change their color

well a problem with saying they decided to repaint their armor to impersonate isnt realy a good idea because the fallen think they are in the right so they wouldnt change their color

Not all the fallen think the same way. Some want to repent, some want to blend in with everyday life, perhaps some want to wear DA colours and cause as much trouble for them as possible.

As per Index Astartes vol. 1 page 19, the Pre-Heresy Dark Angel colors were:

Black armor

Red eyes (around blood red, maybe a bit darker, but close enough)

White markings (Left side = white Winged Sword (unbroken =P), Right Side = Unit Number)

Silver bolter casings

Just another side note fluff-wise, I'm not certain but I don't remember any reference to the Inner Circle pre-heresy, so I dont think any Fallen would be wearing the robes of the Inner Circle (even though it just looks cool, so who cares and paint what looks good).

Good job on the first one, by the way. Can't wait to see the whole squad.

As per Index Astartes vol. 1 page 19, the Pre-Heresy Dark Angel colors were:

Black armor

Red eyes (around blood red, maybe a bit darker, but close enough)

White markings (Left side = white Winged Sword (unbroken =P), Right Side = Unit Number)

Silver bolter casings

Just another side note fluff-wise, I'm not certain but I don't remember any reference to the Inner Circle pre-heresy, so I dont think any Fallen would be wearing the robes of the Inner Circle (even though it just looks cool, so who cares and paint what looks good).

Good job on the first one, by the way. Can't wait to see the whole squad.

IIRC the Cypher mini has robes, so I thought I'd do robes for the close-combat ones and "regular" ones for the shooters.

PS: Did I put the chapter badge on the wrong shoulder?

Archived