Showcase: Post your Dreadnoughts

Well this is getting me right in the mood to post my other GK, Admech and Inquisition stuff... I think its because chaos stuff gives you so much room for conversion but my Gray knights not so much, I just went to town with magnets on everything.  This is really nice of you guys

• 3 weeks later...

Got a few to share with you guys, both from my 4th company Howling Griffons project

Firstly Venerable Dagonet, former lieutenant of the 4th

kMtJ55l.jpg
Wow, love the 'nought. As sfPanzer just said, this does somehow feel both right and wrong all at once. I think it has to do with the colors: considering the shape, one could unconsciously expect his torso to be red and his legs to be blue... Edited by Spinsanity

• 3 weeks later...

@Spinsanity

Really enjoying those dreds. The LEDs are always a nice touch, but you cant really polish a turd... so its a good job you've done such good work as a foundation for the razzle dazzle eye lenses.  I love the classic boxy dreds so Im really appreciateing the use of their bodies in some of these too. very cool.

@Dr_Raminahui

I felt inspired to post my Thousand Sons Helbrute because of yours.  Mine is also a conversion from the Dark Vengeance box set, I like how you varied the arms with the one on he right and put an eye in the face hole. I nearly went with a big eye in there myself!

@Dr_Raminahui

I felt inspired to post my Thousand Sons Helbrute because of yours.  Mine is also a conversion from the Dark Vengeance box set, I like how you varied the arms with the one on he right and put an eye in the face hole. I nearly went with a big eye in there myself!

Glad to bring you out of the woodwork. :)  Glad you like him.  Yours is great too - I've been thinking of making my next one have a mouth and tongue instead of a head, but I don't even know how to go about making it as fantastically slimey as yours.

My Thousand Sons Helbrute

mg_0021.jpg?w=1000&h=

Did you cannibalize the lascannon barrel ornaments from a chaos predator/land raider or do they come with the helbrute kit?

Either way the Dreadnought looks great.

Edited by Quixus

@Dr_Ruminahui

Making the tongue slimey wasnt too hard, just the careful use of a glue gun and a couple of coats of GW gloss varnish.  Looking forward to seeing what you decide to try out!

@Quixus

It was a Dark Vengeance Helbrute so non-existent options or parts. I think the Lascannon was a single (half a twin) lascannon off a landraider sponson. the heads for the lascannon are just part of the standard Chaos vehicle upgrade pack.

If you guys want to know more detailed info about the build you can find more here 

Man, browsing this thread always makes me want to build yet more Dreadnoughts ;)

Here's my latest contribution. Not your standard Space Marine Dreadnought, admittedly, but I still think he should fit in rather nicely.

Meet Worker #9:

worker-9-1.jpg

worker-9-5.jpg

worker-9-6.jpg

More pictures can be found here in my INQ28 thread.