Showcase: Post your Dreadnoughts

My battle-proven pair of venerable ancients, Olave and Odani.

I've posted them in SW sub-forum already, but decided to show them to the outer world

Olave "End of the Unborn".

Olave 01 BnC

Olave 02 BnC

Olave 03 BnC

Olave 04 BnC

Second is Odani, long-hand of the Great Company.

Odani 01 BnC

Odani 02 BnC

Odani 03 BnC

Odani 04 BnC

Pics are clickable.

• 2 weeks later...

Mitsman, I never thought I could like one of the boxy dreads but you definitely got me super on board with that. Seriously awesome job, mate!

Hmm, I guess I never did post it here. Well, I finished up a Contemptor-Cortus a few days back, ain't nothing special at all but it was quick and fun for a junkheap.

gallery_107230_14721_108106.jpg

Back view

gallery_107230_14721_51593.jpg

ain't nothing special at all but it was quick and fun for a junkheap.

I think you win the "Understatement of the Year" award and it's only January.

He looks brilliant!

I shall ever endeavor to earn that award and surpass it.  11 months and an ETL to go, right?  Plenty of opportunity. -laughs-  

The Cortus was a bit interesting as I maaaaay have lost both the elbow joints and had to improvise (he now includes warhound titan parts). 

I don't know how you managed to put so much detail into the scratches but they look amazing. The shading and highlighting must be absurdly small. Well done. :smile.:

Thanks good sir!

I concur. Monolith’s work never fails to impress. Been a big fan of his BA for a while, loving his battle damage in particular. The UM leviathan is yet another truly fantastic .example of this.

Thank you very much!

Clearly I'm a fan of battle damage. I dont think I could even do a model any more without it :D

In any case, I'm going back to my BA next.

Could you do a tutorial on battle damage on something raven guard, I have a WD article on how to do it and am still not sure.

Hmmn, it would have to be diffrent the way it did it here obviously.

What I usually do for black is that just use some light gray to crate basic chips which means it would lack this kind of depth.

If I had to do it in the way it was done here, I suppose I would start by using some Vallejo black red to create a chip, line the bottom with your last highlight color, and line the top with pure black. The issue is because RG are black already you'll need to do something to make it stick out. I would paint the black to begin with, Id use Vallejo black grey and then use some Zenithal airbrush of some type of lighter grey to give it a sense of depth, black ink in the recesses of course. There are some good tutorials on youtube on Zentihal lighting if you dont know what that is.