WIP: Hydra Legion Marine

Deacis

Interesting, are they intended to be some kind of loyalist faction of the Alpha Legion?

Are those bolter barrels drilled out or just painted on? They look painted to me, take a drill vise to those things.

(OT: Anyone ever notice how the bolt on the bolt gun bit is at the wrong height? The place where the shell is fed, fired and ejected isn't in line with the barrel? Flaw in the model design, no?)

love the scheme! as ya said its WIP at the moment,i take it its gonna be highlighted etc?

I'll try to do some more highlighting on the green, though I still don't know if I'm totally happy with the scheme...

Is the chapter symbol a skull?

Yups! Not really a Hydra, I know ;)

Interesting, are they intended to be some kind of loyalist faction of the Alpha Legion?

Are those bolter barrels drilled out or just painted on? They look painted to me, take a drill vise to those things.

I haven't really decided on the background yet, its still brewing in my head.

The barrels are drilled out, pretty deep :lol: It's the picture.

Thanx from the comments. But still doubting on whether I should or should not continue with this scheme. It looks a bit to disco-dancing(?)

I think the scheme is cool, maybe a little simple, but it has character.

As for fluff, I would not make them a "loyalist faction of the Alpha Legion." Things like that don't go over well with the majority of gamers. Check out the DIY threads for inspiration.

Archived