My first Deathwing terminator - finished pics

Gareth

Well a little mini project to see if i liked painting deathwing... and I do! Looking forward to starting the next 4 in the near future!

Fav bits include the freehand icons, yes they're painted! And the stone crux on his shoulder. Also the greenstuff tabard was a minor victory as well.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/Gareth_tyranids/SA400156.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/Gareth_tyranids/SA400157.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/Gareth_tyranids/SA400158.jpg

I like the habit, that little detail maes it look very Deathwing without too many additions.

Good idea.

The freehand is also good, may I ask how you painted the bone?

++EDIT The Crux is actually really nicely done as well, just noticed EDIT++

Very nice. The tabbard came out very well. The colors are a good and bright interpretation. Good stuff

It looks a littleinconsistent - the freehand is great, but needs to be built upon (for example, DW have red icons,m not black...), the Crux is fantastic, and the eyes are spectacular, the belding is excellent. However, the armour around the legs and the knee plates especially doesn't match this quality.

Great test piece, love the vibrant greens of teh tabard as well.

I think the green tabbard contrasts really nicely with the bone colour. And those eyes are brilliant, as is the stone crux. Only thing i will say that looks wrong is the metal parts. It looks sligtly too thick on the knee and storm bolter. I'm also not too sure about the white border on the tabbard. I think it would look a bit better being red, but that's just me. Otherwise, an excellent mini. I love the blending on the armour and the sometimes overlooked lowlights.

the freehand is great, but needs to be built upon (for example, DW have red icons, not black...),

and, IIRC, it's got a kind of crack through it somewhere too.

Indeed, the deathwing-emblem should be red and the sword should be broken (the lion's sword)

Nice paintjob though :)

Well i appreciate everyones concern over the colour of the emblem, but its staying black, imho it looks better. I like clean simple limited colour pallettes, the red is one colour too many for me.

I agree the sword should be broken though, a mistake on my part that i will rectify.

Jansuh is right. The sword should be broken. I don't really mind it being black though, it works and that's the most important bit.

Great paintjob by the way! The tabbard is a nice little addition, I might steal that for my Deathwing Command Squad. :)

Archived