Modelling: Sisters of Battle Conversions

Sisters of Battle

Conversion Ideas

Modular Immolator Tank Turret

Ok, here it is ladies and gents, the Tutorial for the Modular Immolator Tank Turret:

Modular Turret Tutorial (Word Doc)

Given the fact I've become now semi lazy, I actually WONT translate the material to the board just yet (since it has been very clearly laid out in the word doc). However if folks would prefer to have a copy that is accessibly at the B&C, I can upload the images from the Tute to the B&C galleries and make the tutorial here as well.

Enjoy the Tutorial and stay tuned for the next Conversion Tutorial B)

Quick Note: The Doc file is approximately 950kb in size, so if you are on dial up, please bare that in mind. Since I have had no requests for the tutorial to be translated into the thread itself, I'm assuming a downloadable Word Doc is ok for everyone and will continue to do so with any future projects.

Sisters of Battle

Conversion Ideas

Modular Rhino/Immolator

Finally, the second conversion project has been completed and can be found here:

Modular Tank Guide

This guide comes at approximately 710kb, so for those on dial up, there is a warning for you. The last guide (the first conversion project) came in about 950kb if you havent already downloaded that).

I do apologise for the tardiness of this tutorial and hopefully the next ones wont be so bad. Im not too certain what the next guide will be (although i do have ideas). Because this guide seems a bit 'rushed' almost, for future references, if any of my guides have the words VX (X being a number, eg 2 or 3 etc) it means that new material has been added (or old material has been heavily modified) so make sure you pick those up. But atm, both files remain in the initial V1 format. Otherwise, thats it, so enjoy the new tutorial :D

• 3 weeks later...

Thought Id bump this thread up since the new tutorial has been put in ^_^

For those not keeping track, the second conversion tutorial is now available for download (as shown in the above post). Once again, the file is a Word Document. Conversion Project 3 is still being thought upon, although i do have an idea for what it will be (although this one, wont be for the faint hearted).

So grab the tutorials folks ;)

*EDIT*

Ok, looks like the prep work for Conversion Project 3 is now underway. Now this one will be a bit tricker than the previous two, but i will TRY to make it as simple as possible. So, for those wanting to know what Project 3 will cover, its quite simple... Find it annoying trying to keep track of your Faith? Well, for those who want to put some EFFORT into it, Project 3 will be entitled 'Creating your own Faith Counters'. Now i shall warn you now, there WILL be GS work in this project, so it isnt for the very faint hearted. But if you want to have some personalised counters that you can show off (without having to spend alot of cash or anything) then this is it. And as another note, there is NO casting of GW products, merely simple template work, a bit of minor drawing skills and some GS work. Depending on your skills, you can go all for it, or keep it simple. As always, updates will be done in THIS post to keep clutter to a minimum. The very basic template has been done, so i just need to get some pics and that, and half of the steps should be done by tomorrow. This project MAY take a bit longer than the previous two (especially the last one) as GS work is something that cant be rushed. So keep watching this space :)

*EDIT #2*

May 16th - The guide has actually been started (surprisingly enough) and the first few steps photographed. Could have used today a bit better than I did (got a call that i didnt need to pop into work due to pc system issues). I might try to get another step or two done before heading to bed tonight and pick stuff up tomorrow (time permitting).

May 17th - The counters are almost ready for the GS stage (just need to get the lil guide drawn onto the bases). Pics have been taken as each step progresses, so this one will be a tad bit more informative than the last project. Probably wont have time to start the GS phase today, but ill keep my fingers crossed for thursday and friday. Also roughly started what will be the 4th conversion project, will be a larger step up from this project, but the basic modelling side of that is close to being finished and will remain on hold until project 3 hits completion. Im also debating if Project 3 will also be the ONE project that actually has the finished pics with some paint on them (unlike the last two). Also debating a minor tweak on Project 1, particularly in the area of the Heavy Flamers, as Im not fully happy with the existing tubing between the flamers and the fuel canister, so i may cover that issue up in a V2 of the Project 1 guide before starting Project 4.

May 18th - The bases (that Ive done so far) are ready for the GS phases. Surprisingly enough this is good news. However due to time being a bit of an issue, might not hit the GS work til this weekend (friday being the earliest assuming I have time in the afternoon). Otherwise, going well.

• 4 months later...

I'm not sure if this topic is open for everybody, but here's one idea:

I had problems to find gun servants from local store that sells sutch stuff. I only found one blister containing HB servant and other one had Multi Melta, now these blisters were in rack marked for 3 at prize of 1, so i took those both. I only wanted HB servants, so i first tried to find somebody who might wan't to trade, but nobody did. Then i hapened to buy Exorchist that has parts for both Exo and Immolator (exept that clear canopy). Now i first didn't consider ever using Immolator (well, i have few MK.1 immos so i woud use those), so i didn't think this any further and i took those HBs out of sprue. Then i simply cut off those mechanical arms from those Combat-servitors, that came with Gun-servitors and glued those HBs on those stumps left on Combat-servitors.

Lucky me, that those servitors were different handed so i coud make 2 HB servitors from those parts i had.

It looks pretty good, gun is almost twice as big as original though. But when did that mater anything in game like this?

• 1 year later...

Archived