IA: Imperial Castellans

Ferrata

Don't ask why or when, but my Imperial Castellan mojo was relit and I have managed to edit the entire article. This is the final version, so once you guys have had a looked and pointed out any mistakes, I will make a nice version of this and hopefully it can stay quiet in + LIBER PERSCRIBO +. I haven't included any images at the moment, they will all be in the nice final version along with some other goodies.

++

Keepers of the Faith

The Imperial Castellans

Space Marine Chapter

The Imperial Castellans are sombre and stalwart guardians of the Emperor, working endlessly to venerate Him and the glory He brought to mankind. They form a mighty bulwark against the tide of darkness which now threatens the light of the His work. They diligently hunt threats of those who they have sworn to protect, at times drawing sustenance only from their faith in the God-Emperor, and the hope flowing eternally in their minds.

Origins

The precise founding date of the Imperial Castellans has long been lost, but they first appeared in Imperial history during the siege upon Lousainne Prime in 081.M33, soon after the seventh founding. The primary hive of the planet was under the control of enemy forces. The Castellans marched upon the hive, cleansing all resistance in a matter of days. Soon after the siege, the Castellans settled in the South-West of Segmentum Tempestus, and began to plan the cleansing the area from their new headquarters

It's a solid read :ph34r:

I found several places where the grammar was choppy and a few mispelt (hehe) words. But it's good enough for government work here!

Good work Ferrata!

"Like all the Adeptus Astartes Chapters, the Castellans remained openly neutral in the war, not participating in the battles until the end of the Reign of Blood. With the rebellion of Sebastian Thor and his increasing following, the Castellans were swept into the war." Ferrata

This is not necessarily a true statement. Many Chapters openly turned their back to Vandire after he attempted to replace Chaplains with Preachers from the Ecclisiarch. One of the first Chapters to do this was the Angels of Wrath (DA offshoot) who met with an untimely end when an Ecclisiarch force destroyed their Fortress Monastary. I might rethink this part as it is relevant to your background and the dogma of the Chapter. I like the idea of them being neutral or trying to remain neutral through the conflict; its nobel and lends credence to their train of thought and beliefs but the bottom line is this, eventually they would have to make a stand, and as you have already eluded to, Thor would watch where many a Chapter (yours at the time) placed their loyalties. Its a damn good start though, I like it a lot.

Severus6

I always believed that until the end of the AoA, a high majority of the chapters remained out of warfare, until the Fists assaulted Terra. I will think about changing the section, stating that the Imperial Castellan's wished to remain out of the war, just contining to protect the Imperium.

Start? This is the end :huh:

Have you modelled any ferrata? or are you going to?

I was actually just about to start painting my marines as imperial castellans - i looked through all the paint schemes on the GW website and just picked the one i liked the best. I have to admit, i could never have come up with an entire IA for them tho. well done, good read.

I'm not planning on painting any of these chaps any time soon, as they are me secondry chapter that was mainly made as a group-project. I would be really intrested in seeing some painted Castellans though, so get painting.

Some pics of real models of them would be lovely. I tried painting them but couldn't get a nice white so I abandoned it. Shame as they look really cool if painted well of course ^_^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/Ferrata/IC/IAsmall2.gif

by My Name is Tudor

I might have a go at painting some Castellans once I have painted my Wings of Death army, so maybe for the World Cup when the Mars states send teams ;)