Loyalist terminators

Hi!

Finished painting a squad of termies for my chapter, "The Silvered Helms".

All front and back

All sides and up

Sarge

Some closer

Assault cannon

I tried to make them a little bit bigger with plasticard and GS, so they're maybe 2 mm taller and 1 mm wider at the shoulders. Here's a comparation pic with a regular marine and a scout ( slightly PIP, but you get the picture ):

comparazon pic

When I started the chapter I decided to paint all weapon casings the same red as the shoulderpads, but now I'm having second thoughts as the red powerfists give the termies a sorta "faded Iron Fist"- look...maybe I'll do the fists over in black...

Looks really solid my man. They look a little bit like Ultras to me, but the red makes them look like really awesome Ultras. I think helmets that match the arms would tie them up nicely, they grey just dosn't fit. The red looks really well done.

Have to agree with brother apocalyptic, helmets look to plain and don't really fit with the rest of the model. other than that, great paint job with good red and might i ask where the transfer for the chapter badge comes from.

Chaptermaster13

You need more contrasting highlights on the helmets - go from almost pure black mixed with a little chainmail up to mithril silver mixed with white - that's how I paint my High Elf Silver Helms...

I don't think it's a transfer, though I may be wrong of course.

As for the minis, I have to agree with the others. I DOn't think that the Silver helmets match the rest of the mini. You did a nice piant job thouhg, both on the minis, and their banner. I like the sarge :drool:

I really like these. :drool: I agree that the silver is a bit flat, but otherwise great job! I see what your saying about the powerfists, but I'm not sure black would look right. What about painting them blue, but leave the fingers and chainfist blade red. Just a thought.

p.s. Do you have pictures of the rest of your army?

BTW, the reds on those Termies are REALLY nice, I love that colour, and the grittiness of the effect, lialmost like milirtary figurines rather than sci-fi/fantasy...

Archived