Angelus Class Rhino - Mark X armour upgrade.

Ok, as I said I have now tried to set up an MkII armour plate version.

Tell me which one you prefer :P

The Mk I - X Armour Angelus Class Rhino:

http://www.codexguardianangels.com/temp_material/x-armour-rhino.jpg

or the Mk II - XII Armour Angelus Class Rhino:

http://www.codexguardianangels.com/temp_material/x-armour-rhino-mkII.jpg

Thanks!

The second one, the Mk II - XII Armour Angelus Class Rhino, seems more streamlined, so if that is the kinda look you want, than that's good. The other is more bulky and land raider like, so if you want that, than go with that.

Personally, I think mkII blows mkI out of the water, hands down.

awesome :tu:

I would draw some inspiration from The Land raider top as well, except to have the lower layer in the back of the Rhino roof. Staggered hatches would look great.

EDIT

hey, something hit me. Could you post a version with the mkII front and the mkI back??

I'm just curious ;)

cheers

-t14

I actually like the third one the best... as I I felt that the mkII back was slightly off. the 3rd version also ties the back grille into the little vents on the track covers.

Change my vote to version 3 please :tu:

cheers

-t14

Brother Chaptermaster-

Your updated and up-armored Rhino looks great...I do have one suggestion from the fluff side of the universe, though.

The armor skirts over the rear half of the tracks are far too close to the ground. In real life (!), they'd cause continual problems over anything other than perfectly flat terrain.

If you wanted to provide the lower half of the road wheels, and the bottom run of the track, with some level of protection, you might want to use something flexible (chains, for example, like the Israelis use on the rear face of the Merkava tank turret).

Either way, I can't wait to see it built, though!

- Brent

The armor skirts over the rear half of the tracks are far too close to the ground. In real life (!), they'd cause continual problems over anything other than perfectly flat terrain.
Ah! You are right of course.

I actually thought about this earlier and just figured that the skirt armour might be built in a telescopic fashion that would simply allow it to be pushed up or out to the side if it meets resistance.

The Ball & Chain Skirt is a good idea, but I don't think I will be changing the design. - May add to it though :ph34r:

Thanks for the input! :rolleyes:

Brother Chaptermaster-

Yes, I can see the panel closest to the front of the vehicle somehow telescoping up and out of the way, but the rear-most panel doesn't look like it could...maybe add a seam there to indicate this?

The other thing I was wondering, is have you addressed the size issue? The Rhino as it is hardly seems like it could fit 10 Space Marines inside...is your version going to be bigger than the GW model?

Can't wait to see your model!

- Brent

Hm... Maybe the rear panel should have a seam.

Although the Rhino seems small, it is actually quite big and the Rhino fits 10 Marines with room to spare - I've seen a conversion demonstrating this myself.

The Angelus X Armour isn't actually an entirely new vehicle, its just an upgrade to he Rhino, so I wont be making it any bigger.

Think of it as extra armour.

Thanks for the input! :)

thats a ow chally 2! Don't think you need to lower your rhino any, are you planning on plasti-card ands the like for the armour? Also is that your final colour scheme thts in the pics? If it is may I suggest painting some of the panels a different shade to show off the work you've put in

Indeed.

I wont be lowering the Rhino any. :rolleyes:

As for my Vehicle Colour Scheme, it is black, drybrushed with some metal to get a dark metal look, so the images are close to my actual colour scheme.

I might be experimenting with some urban camo though, we will see.

Thanks!

Because I was planning on using the Academy 1/48 snap-together Merkavas for my Predators, I've thought quite a bit about some of the details. If you do decide to use the ball&chain idea, consider either skulls or chapter symbols, instead of plain steel balls. It's a little complicated to do, but it looks good.

This is what I imagined, but it's getting really close to a land raider..

http://www.elisanet.fi/toni.sokura/angelus.jpg

I like this one a lot more, it now looks like it can traverse difficault terrrain. But I still get the impression it looks too advanced for imperial design. Maybe it's just the 3d image which is causing this impression. It will be nice to see in the flesh. I'm also thinking it will look good as a Razorback.

I

Archived