Imperial Fists Chaplain

Looks good! I like the fist-for-a-crozius thing you got goin on...good idea! The yellow on his shoulder pad looks good and i like how you split the tabard i just have one question...no storm bolter?? ;)

looks good anyway :)

Toyship

I love the crozius! Great idea :D . The paintjob seems stunning, but as FeuerFaust said, try to crop the pics a bit before you resize them, that way the mini is bigger en we get to look at what looks like gorgeous details ;) .

Just one question, is that the Power Fist off the 'bear hugging' Chaplain?

Why yes, yes it is. And if anyone is wondering, the Fist Crozius is Lysander's Thunder-hammer after a little slicing, dicing, trimming and carving....and swearing.

I love the crozius! Great idea :D . The paintjob seems stunning, but as FeuerFaust said, try to crop the pics a bit before you resize them, that way the mini is bigger en we get to look at what looks like gorgeous details ;) .

So that's how you guys get those close ups...now all I need to do is figure out the focus..

Thanks for the CC. I'm a 2nd era edition guy, the Goblin Green bases are a nostalgic thing for me, by the way. *wipes a tear from eye* Anyways, how's this? Still not crystal clear....I'll get the hang of it eventually:

http://i4.tinypic.com/16az4vt.jpg

http://i5.tinypic.com/16az1pc.jpg

Sometimes bitz just 'come together' to create something unexpectedly well posed. You did just such a thing; that pose is great, with the helmet grinning knowingly over his clenched powerfist.

A simple but very striking conversion; awesome! :D ;)

Sometimes bitz just 'come together' to create something unexpectedly well posed. You did just such a thing; that pose is great, with the helmet grinning knowingly over his clenched powerfist.

A simple but very striking conversion; awesome! :blink: ;)

Thanks, although it was no simple conversion. It's not Golden Deamon stuff, but it was still complicated (for me anyways) That one arm consists of:

-a FW IF shoulderpad filled with GS.

-a Plasma Cannon Power coil

-the Terminator Chaplain elbow joint

-a GS forearm

-and finally the Chaplain Powerfist.

I searched long and hard for the perfect Power Fist. It was a nightmare getting this one. Thanks goes to Jason from GW Canada who put in a "Customer Service" order for me which got me the Fist for free, since two failed standard bitz orders got me old Chaplains I didn't even ask for.

Amazing, only beef I've got is that the little shield needs some details, but the rest is simply amazing :P

Thanks for the kind words. I thought about it, I was thinking a skull would be appropriate, or an Imperial Fist Decal.. But I decided I wanted as much yellow on the model as possible and preffered the simple two colour contrast. He actually has two little shields layered on top of eachother.

Amazing, only beef I've got is that the little shield needs some details, but the rest is simply amazing :lol:

Thanks for the kind words. I thought about it, I was thinking a skull would be appropriate, or an Imperial Fist Decal.. But I decided I wanted as much yellow on the model as possible and preffered the simple two colour contrast. He actually has two little shields layered on top of eachother.

You could freehand a skull, paint the bit on the grey part yellow and the bit on the yellow part grey. This way you still've got the same amount of yellow, and also something interesting on the shield.

Amazing, only beef I've got is that the little shield needs some details, but the rest is simply amazing :lol:

You could freehand a skull, paint the bit on the grey part yellow and the bit on the yellow part grey. This way you still've got the same amount of yellow, and also something interesting on the shield.

Never thougth of that...that's a pretty good idea. I'm getting ready to move so my painting area is done for now. But once I set up in my new place I just might do that!

Forgeworld makes Imperial Fists stuff. I would suggest that perhaps the 3-d fist from there applied to the blank shoulderpad? Painted appropriately, of course.

Rymeer

I guess you can't tell from these angles..but he infact is equipped with a Forge World IF Terminator Shoulder Pad. The one with the small shield on it, to be exact...hence the two stacked shields on his armour: one from the FW Shoulder pad and one from the Terminators Boxed set.

This is such a nice model, im really liking the huge powerfist and the way the chaplain looks like he could be shaking it at someone :D Again i really like it, keep up the good work MoS :D

Much like I tried on this IF Dreadnought.

The iconography is a straight copy from the kneepad of the IF marine in their AI article; maybe it's something for you too?

The iconography is a straight copy from the kneepad of the IF marine in their AI article; maybe it's something for you too?

That's very close to what we're talking about I think.

Ah, great minds... :)

Archived