Collaborative Chapter Creation Project II

They do not need to enforce that. They are not Commissars or anything. After all even the most pragmatic Space Marine will need faith to shield him from the horrors of the Warp.

The chaplain's role is spiritual instruction and support anyway. In the WB a chaplain also does part of the training. In terms of faith the dogma stresses the point of "effectiveness" instead of "glory".

A like to think that a War Bearer Chaplain would advise like this:

"After all you serve the Emperor and by fulfilling your duties you give glory to HIM.

Yes, the sound of the Boltgun is a prayer to Him.

Yes, the dead enemies of the Imperium are an offering to him.

But if you fail? Then what? Do not die and fail! Live and succeed!"

I know i may have been reading more into the beliefs post then was there it just seemed wrong that a codex chapter would have such strange chaplain's.

Hello Brothers! I

You have to remember a Chaplains role in a chapter is spiritual and religious guidence and protection. The War Bearers will have both of these, thus Chaplains are required. Now, the WB religious dogma could be more "commom" and less god-centred, but there will be some dogma.

I don't think that a Space Marine chapter is what it is without religious dogma to some degree. Even if it's a total fervour that what they're doing is right. Space Marines are the warriors of the God-Emperor, and will pay him his dues, too. Our chapter simply isn't a bunch of religious fanatics. The ideas regarding venerating Guilliman as the greatest tactician (or strategician?) that ever lived is a good one, certainly.

I don't think that a Space Marine chapter is what it is without religious dogma to some degree. Even if it's a total fervour that what they're doing is right. Space Marines are the warriors of the God-Emperor, and will pay him his dues, too. Our chapter simply isn't a bunch of religious fanatics. The ideas regarding venerating Guilliman as the greatest tactician (or strategician?) that ever lived is a good one, certainly.

Figurers took me four days of "brain Storming" to come up with something close to what the Commissar posted. I'm stumped... :)

Edited by Grimdarkness

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, should we discuss combat doctrine?

I was thinking that the War Bearers would be prepared for anything that the enemy might throw at them, while at the same time focusing an having the right "tools" for the job.

Right tools for the job: The War Bearers follow the Codex Astartes very closely, as it allows maximum flexibility.

Be prepared: In a standard organisation chart, a War Bearers army should fill at least one of each slots under Elite, Fast Attack and Heavy Support. These slots can be filled by allies if the rules allow it. For example if fighting against Chaos, a War Bearer army could include an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor.

Listen to the expert: Due to the War Bearers pragmatic view of things, putting a lot of weight in strategy and tactics, 1 HQ slot should always be filled by a Space Marine Commander, who is flexible and a master tactician.

Eh...I think now's a bit early to start imposing "rules" for the Chapter. I also think the thread is pretty...well, deaded.

Part of that is because Molly's suffering from lack of internet, as he recently relocated to university and is SOL, but also because there haven't been posts for the better part of two weeks.

If we want, I can write a second IA in my spare time, however. :blink:

Well, should we discuss combat doctrine?

I was thinking that the War Bearers would be prepared for anything that the enemy might throw at them, while at the same time focusing an having the right "tools" for the job.

Right tools for the job: The War Bearers follow the Codex Astartes very closely, as it allows maximum flexibility.

Be prepared: In a standard organisation chart, a War Bearers army should fill at least one of each slots under Elite, Fast Attack and Heavy Support. These slots can be filled by allies if the rules allow it. For example if fighting against Chaos, a War Bearer army could include an Ordo Malleus Inquisitor.

Listen to the expert: Due to the War Bearers pragmatic view of things, putting a lot of weight in strategy and tactics, 1 HQ slot should always be filled by a Space Marine Commander, who is flexible and a master tactician.

It's a good idea maybe not rules per say but an outline on the best way to field a "true" War Bearer force.

Brother-Librarian Akritedes Posted Today, 06:28 PM

Eh...I think now's a bit early to start imposing "rules" for the Chapter. I also think the thread is pretty...well, deaded.

Part of that is because Molly's suffering from lack of internet, as he recently relocated to university and is SOL, but also because there haven't been posts for the better part of two weeks.

If we want, I can write a second IA in my spare time, however.

If you willing to bear :blink: that burden pleas feel free.

If we want, I can write a second IA in my spare time, however. :lol:

Well, I think that the thread was "deaded" because we did not start touching on the fun part of doctrines and rules.We left it waiting for someone to write an IA up to the last discussed points. Nobody did (for various reasons) and thus it started rotting away. I just tried to boost things up a bit. I am not trying to impose anything here, I am just suggesting some guidelines.

On that note, your gracious offer to do the writing is much appreciated :)

Looking forward to reading it :)