Grey hunter pic...

Gareth

Ok, so i thought i'd use the old mk3 mini i had to test a new way of painting sw armour i'd decided on. Its quicked and neater, and in my opinion looks a lot better. Could'nt use the sculpted pads i normally do so had to freehand it, came out very well.

So not having painted a space wolf grey mini in around a year, here he is.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i278/Gareth_tyranids/SA400187.jpg

Wow very cool. I love seeing the old Marines painted up fresh! You do a great job with freehand markings, don't be afraid to throw in some campaign icons or personal heraldry around your armor. You certainly don't need to rely on sculpted details :wink:

Well, judging from this work, your old method is probably still very good; very nice mini indeed! :wink:

And I'm not saying this because I love old minis either; your grey's quite vibrant. I think a how to is in order here... :wub:

Ha! good old mkII.

You paint it very, very well :)

He is quite short by modern plastic marine standards IIRC.

how about a comparison shot?

cheers

-t14

I'm also jealous of that old Mk. III model. I really wish I could get my hands on one.

Is that mkIII? :)

I was under the impression that it was crusader armour that has the "skullcap top" for the helmet with the rim around the head. The helmet of my mkIII models don't have that rim, but my mkII minis do!

I'm confused :)

cheers

-t14

That is one excellent Grey Hunter. Although i started well and truly after alot of these minis ended their "life" its nice to see the paint job has really done them justice.

A very crisp and clean paint job, with excellent attention to detail.

A fantastic job Gareth ^_^

I'm also jealous of that old Mk. III model. I really wish I could get my hands on one.

Is that mkIII? :ph34r:

I was under the impression that it was crusader armour that has the "skullcap top" for the helmet with the rim around the head. The helmet of my mkIII models don't have that rim, but my mkII minis do!

I'm confused :D

cheers

-t14

Yeap, it's the orgainl MK III figure with the arms attached to the body as 1 cast - Linky to armor history with a good pic 1/2 way down Your MK III is the 2nd version, supplied with pastic arms.

As for the OP, very nice Space Wolf, the grey is perfect. It looks like he steps off the pages of the Horus Heresy art books.

Archived