Chaos Warriors = Marines

Hey guys, well I've taken a break from the hobby for a while now and I've decided I want to get back into it using by main legion of old, the Word Bearers.

I've decided that this time round I want to make them seem as knightly as possible (in an unholy way of course) so I've decided that many of them shall be converted around Chaos Warriors.

Basically it would be of great help to me if you could post your Chaos Warrior / Marines pics, loyalist or traitor, as i really need some inspiration.

Thanks a bunch,

Cheers!

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c325/Yodhrin40k/13th%20Company/Quick_WIP_01.jpg

That's one of the WIP shots from my(now on hold) 13th Co. Kill Team. You should check out Doghouse's work, I dont have the links on this computer but a quick forum search should turn up his stuff.

shameless re-post :ph34r:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y56/pointy_stick/DSC06495.jpg

best of luck, i find this is really easy, ass all i do is cut the chaos warrior torso at the belt, and then attatch a marine torso, file off some of the cape fur to fit shoulder pads and add arms.

I originally bought my chaos warrior box to add chaos warriors to my fantasy beastmen army, but the bits where so good that i just kept using them up! I now need to buy another box if i want to field chaos warriors(i did build a few, turned out pretty good TT quality) IMHO i find that chaos warriors box is one of THE BEST boxes for bitz in the whole GW line, others might disagree but this is my personal opinion, as for removing the chaos iconography there's 1 torso on each sprue that this can't be done on, as it's part of the armour, but if you where to cut the chest off this one you'd be good to go. For the rest of the bits it's pretty easy, and if you have enough wing bits you could even switch out the chaos warrior heads for winged ones, looks alot more loyalist.

So in conclusion i would STRONGLY suggest buying the chaos box for anyone who likes knights and converting, you'll find you'll be happy. ( But i beleive the boxes are now 45$? if you can get a place where they sell sprues seperately(a place called sentry box here in Calgary) you could pick up the command sprue, which has a load of the best bits in the box)

I've done near on 22 marines like this so far for my BT crusade. Here's the topic linky...

http://bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=90622

There's also links to the rest of the images, including close ups! feel free to ask me anything :)

I found the warriors box just a wealth of bits to combine with marines... even used the heads on my termies.

I also found a dremel invaluable for this project.

Archived