Finally I've get it

Raziellycas

Finally I have finish to paint my first tactical squad... I'm so slowly :D anyway a lot of you here have already seen some of them in other post... anyway here the squad

http://www.thenameless.it/clockwork%20ravens/tactical%20squad2.jpg

comments? suggestions? etc etc are welcome

Ps: Who is aking him/her self where is the necromonger armoury, well I answer that armor with faces are all in the second squad so we have to wait my inspiration to paint them.. :D

You should be VERY PROUD! :D That's an incredible squad. So much life and character. Together they look wonderful. Anyone can can make a cool detailed Commander but a whole squad like this is a true gem.

Get out there and play some Medusa V mega-battles and show off those Marines!!

Dont worry Raz, you arent the first slow painter to walk the halls of the B&C, and probably wont be the last :)

However, given the amount of details on these minis and the execution of the paint work, your slow and purposeful routine has really paid off. The minis are fantastic and are a strong testiment to what you can do when you really sit down and take your time.

Well done ;)

Those look just GREAT!!! ... I had to laff when I saw your stand however ... since I just went out today and purchased both the Strategism Counters and the SD Card that your using :)

Keep up the excellent work! - Dunedon

Well you are certainly playing to your strengths which is 90% of being "accepted" as an artist. Many people run off trying to "show off" with techniques they do not understand or are not prepared to display. In the case of these models, the viewer doesn't notice the single(?) highlighted black as much as the over-the-top Purity Seals, vicious blood spatters, and deep weathered gold. Your posing, while basic, brings out individuality and a sense of zeal. The crazy helmets are .. just crazy. =) As single miniatures they might each have too little this and too much that, but together they work great as a Squad.

Well you are certainly playing to your strengths which is 90% of being "accepted" as an artist. Many people run off trying to "show off" with techniques they do not understand or are not prepared to display. In the case of these models, the viewer doesn't notice the single(?) highlighted black as much as the over-the-top Purity Seals, vicious blood spatters, and deep weathered gold. Your posing, while basic, brings out individuality and a sense of zeal. The crazy helmets are .. just crazy. =) As single miniatures they might each have too little this and too much that, but together they work great as a Squad.

Thanks brother

Ps: the helmets are really crazy eheheh :D

more close ups

please

just check my gallery http://www.clockwork-ravens.135.it the same of my signature... the last two marines (akram and the honoured ones is missing I will add some pics when I have the time for do it)

[-Danek-][-' date=Jul 18 2006, 02:36 AM' post='1057129]

Absolutely wonderful Raz.I for one am looking forward to your unique take on other standard SM staples.Bikers and a Dread possibly? ;)

Keep it up. :wink:

I don't think I will use biker but dread... yezz ^__^

Lovley squad, however there is one thing that let them down!... the bases! Other than that great work!

I

the second squad has got better bases yet and also true scale, every time I add something better thanks to the suggestions posted from the B&C brothers

Lovley squad, however there is one thing that let them down!... the bases! Other than that great work!

I

Gotta disagree here, this a a VERY visual unit with lots of details to catch the eye, I think the subtle base is a better fit for showcasing the models.

Just a little static grass would probably do the trick with the bases. At least a little green does wonders to my grey/urban bases.

brrr I hate green base :wub: the static grass is on the base but it's painted with black and grey so you can't recognize it... I love the grey sands of the necron codex and I used for this first squad, in the second I've add some ruins and metal things like cities of death base, I think I will buy some resin kit from gw for my next squad of termies

[-Danek-][-' date=Jul 18 2006, 02:36 AM' post='1057129]

Absolutely wonderful Raz.I for one am looking forward to your unique take on other standard SM staples.Bikers and a Dread possibly? ;)

Keep it up. :tu:

I don't think I will use biker but dread... yezz ^__^

:drool:

Can't wait to see that... You've done a great job with them, taken you long enough though :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived