My New Army

I love the army so far, Its really showing your best skills so far. Also a MW:DA fan? heh... I've found the legs on various mechs can actually be clipped right off and thrown onto the torso of a dread to make them look 100x better... the dreads always made me think of dwarf mechs... god dont get me started with how funny they walk in DoW..

The bases are simple. Get your knife, and a steel ruler and carve the tile pattern into a standard GW bases (be careful). Then stipple/drybrush the appropriate colours onto it. The texture on a GW base works very well for outdoor style tiles.

@GeneralStukov - Classic Battletech, not MW:DA. I'm old school.

@Brother of Fortitude - Thanks, I've only just realised that everyone except for the chaplains is actually converted. Isn't it usually the other way around? :D Seriously though, if I'm going to use Trust In Your Battle Brothers, everyone who has it is damn well going to have a bolter and close combat weapon. No "counts as" here.

Looking good so far, nice job with the chaplain and pred. However, I can't help but think the front of the pred looks a bit bare. It could do with some freehand on the dozerblade and something on the front armour just to make it pop.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Work took me out of town for a while, but I have managed to get another squad finished (almost, one guy to go). So just for you aretziel, I present Squad V of the Eternal Champions.

http://www.users.on.net/~a.forbessimmons/Eternal%20Champions/Squad%20V%20001.JPG

http://www.users.on.net/~a.forbessimmons/Eternal%20Champions/Squad%20V%20002.JPG

Pics aren't the best unfortunately. The lighting today isn't great. I'll sort some better ones later. Now see if you can spot the guys done with NMM. I'm trying to decide whether to switch to NMM, so the most recent paintjobs have NMM. Once I finally make up my mind, I'll either change them all to true metallics or NMM.

You're army look amazingly good. I especially love the way you paint black. Your dreadnought is a bit Metal-Gear-Rex-esque, this long legs reminds also the eldar Wraithlords (sound a bit heretic to say it uh uh...).

The poses of the guys like the sarge of the latest squad you posted. It reminds me the crimson fist illustration on the old codex:SM. Good job, keep in this way.

You're army look amazingly good. I especially love the way you paint black. Your dreadnought is a bit Metal-Gear-Rex-esque, this long legs reminds also the eldar Wraithlords (sound a bit heretic to say it uh uh...).

The poses of the guys like the sarge of the latest squad you posted. It reminds me the crimson fist illustration on the old codex:SM. Good job, keep in this way.

Errrr... the way I paint black? Chaos black highlighted with codex grey? Not exactly revolutionary. Thanks for the compliments though. Not sure what a Metal Gear Rex is, so I didn't use that for inspiration. It's loosely based off a battlemech.

You've only seen II and V. I is the next squad - they're on the painting desk at the moment. Probably only going to do 3 tactical squads for now. At 200 points plus per squad it will have to be a big game before I need more than 3, and I have Rhinos needing painting for the completed squads. And assault squad and some assault terminators are on the list, plus maybe a bike squad (just so I can have a black and white space marine on a black and white bike).

5 man tac squads at 200 pts - ouch, tooled right out I quess.

We've seen two chaplains now, is your force led by these guys or do you have a commander? Personaly I like the idea of the chaplains leading your force, feels more in line with your colour scheme. Especially with the black contrast of the chaplains armour agianst your impresive white.

I've been following this thread with great interest since the beginning, and I must simply bow down in the dust to your work. Your ivory/bone/worn white is simply incredible, the crispness of it and the straigthness of the vertical "weathering lines" blows me away. This is one of the best armies I've seen painted in quite some time. All honours to you, good Sir.

Don't you know that every time you use the word "fluff" to describe background, a kitten dies?

They're called the Eternal Champions, and the chaplains take the place of captains. There's probably additional chaplains i.e. 2 per company rather than one. Unsure on libbies at the moment, but I'd like to include them. Other than that, there's not much set as to their fluff. I may adapt something from the same source Ilifted the black sword icon and the eternal champion name from.

Archived