Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

=][= OTHER GAMES FORUM RULES =][=

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,250 posts
  • Chapter Name: Vultures
WELCOME TO THE "OTHER GAMES" FORUM OF THE B&C

As usual all the board rules apply in here but this forum has some particular rules all to itself.

Obviously power armor armies are what one should be discussing here. The exception being Inquisitor and Battlefleet Gothic.

All aspects of the Inquisitor 54mm RPG Mini game are open for discussion here as long as they do not deal solely with XENOS discussion.

In regards to Battlefleet Gothic, while Marines have their own fleets, it is a little more "foggy" when it comes to Sisters of Battle and Inquisition Fleets. While they do have their own fleet vehicles they are more often than not standard Imperial vehicles. So with that in mind Imperial and Chaos Fleets are okay for topics of discussion. Xenos fleets are obviously off limits.

TAGGING:

In an effort to make things a little easier for your fellow readers please use TAGS as part of your topic title.

Some ideas in regards to tags:
[BFG] - Battlefleet Gothic
[=][=] - Inquisitor
[DOW] - Dawn of War
[EPIC] - EPIC, Adpetus Titanicus, Space Marine -- any of the "epic scale" games
[SH] - Space Hulk and Ultramarine are mainly covered by this, but Advanced Space Crusade could fall under this as well.
[CCG] - For the 40k Card Game
[PE] - Planetary Empires

Alternatively if you would like to discuss OTHER 40k, power armor related, PC titles you may want to use [PC] as your first tag with the game title for your second, such as [PC][GATE] for Chaos Gate.

Please note that the rules for this forum are subject to change without notice.

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!

The Universe is a very big place and no matter what happens....you will not be missed.

Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,579 posts
  • Chapter Name: VIIth Legion
Existing roleplay threads will be allowed to run their course (though they don't have an indefinite lifespan), but no new roleplay threads will be created. This forum is not about roleplaying. It's about the Legio, the B&C's mascot Chapter. We added the Arena of Death sub-forum because our official AoDs tended to feature the Legio. However, it seems that our inclusion of the AoDs and the battle reports and stories that were tied to those competitions created some confusion, leading some members to believe that general roleplaying was the name of the game. It's not, so this spells the end of roleplaying threads.

There are other sites that feature roleplaying. Members are encouraged to participate in those sites. Alternately, since these "roleplaying" threads are really collaborative storytelling efforts rather than actual roleplaying games, members might consider using the Liber Comniscor forum. However, the fate of such threads/efforts in that forum is questionable since that's not really what that forum is about, either.

Custodian Athiair

Custodian Athiair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,076 posts
  • Chapter Name: Salamanders
can i ask do you have links to those RP sites?

becuase i would really like to start one

thanks

Athiair :evil:

Probably heretical due to the Plague Zombie problem springing up in the 41st Millenium.
"What in Terra's name are you doing?"
"Um...gathering tactical data."
"With a spork?"

The Leonic Heresy (alternate history): http://www.bolterand...-leonic-heresy/

Salamanders {8th}: W:21{2} D:8{0} L:10{0}

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,579 posts
If you look in the Links section, you'll find the link to Damage Inc. under the General 40K sites. There's also one that was created very recently and advertised here at the B&C. You can find the add for that by searching (in Amicus Aedes, I think). The thread was closed, but you can also find it advertised in some members' signatures (and they'll probably be along shortly to provide that link for you.

Captain Malachi

Captain Malachi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,865 posts
Athiair: Second link in my sig ;)

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,579 posts
Not that all extant roleplaying threads will be allowed to survive through June 30. After that, I'll be cleaning this forum out in order to re-focus on the intended subject: the Legio. All roleplaying threads (including those about the Legio) will be removed. If we decide to continue allowing roleplaying threads, these threads will be moved to whatever forum is deemed appropriate. If we decide to not allow roleplaying threads, they'll be purged.

Custodian Athiair

Custodian Athiair

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,076 posts
  • Chapter Name: Salamanders
oh i wanted to join the Legio Roleplay i guess i can't now
oh well
i do agree though that this should be about the Legio not RP's

Athiair :cuss

Probably heretical due to the Plague Zombie problem springing up in the 41st Millenium.
"What in Terra's name are you doing?"
"Um...gathering tactical data."
"With a spork?"

The Leonic Heresy (alternate history): http://www.bolterand...-leonic-heresy/

Salamanders {8th}: W:21{2} D:8{0} L:10{0}

White Crusader

White Crusader

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
  • Chapter Name: White Crusaders, Iron Saints
Instead of removing them, is it possible to place the ones that might be valuable and sticky them somewhere, or at least preserve some of them? It's just that I don't wanna lose all the things and the story that grew to maturity from the Roleplay.
Raise your weapons and march away, to glory, my brothers, and to a bloody day!
-Grand Exemplar Zephyrus Aruken, 4th Grand Company

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,250 posts
  • Chapter Name: Vultures
That is why threads have the option to be printed and/or downloaded.

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!

The Universe is a very big place and no matter what happens....you will not be missed.

Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

White Crusader

White Crusader

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
Oh, cool. Never noticed the options button. Thanks you.

*EDIT*: Unfortunately, since the thread is sooo long, the download function won't let me dl the whole thread. It only goes up to July 31 2008 while the thread ended at March 3 2009. Any help, please?

Edited by White Crusader, 26 May 2009 - 11:46 PM.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,579 posts
Try the Print this topic button instead. You can cut and paste it into a word processor or text editor if you want to keep the text as a file.

White Crusader

White Crusader

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 831 posts
Dang. Still no dice. Maybe the thread is too big?

Grey Mage

Grey Mage

++ ARCTOS CAELIFERUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,663 posts
  • Chapter Name: Space Wolves.
Why not just close them and let them drift to the bottom of amicus or the librarium?
QUOTE (Wolf Guard Dan @ Dec 28 2009, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When in doubt- Grey Mage.
QUOTE (thade @ Jun 7 2011, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, Hammernators are for pansies. There, I said it.

13skullz

13skullz

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts
  • Chapter Name: Thunderlords, Third Fyrirt√¶ki
For those of you who want a good roleplaying site, try Sons of the Emperor.

You need to sign up to become a battle brother, but what the hey, it sure is a hell of a lot of fun.
Awoken from my slumber, I am risen to battle once more. Venerable am I, a living relic, from a past dark and torn asunder with the fires of war. In my hands I hold death and the judgment of the Emperor. I am His dreadnought, His unstoppable force of will, and protectorate of Humanity.

Voltaire

Voltaire

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts
  • Chapter Name: The Rectifiers

If we decide to not allow roleplaying threads, they'll be purged.

That's somewhat harsh considering the level of innocence related to the RP's. They're not so much purposefully causing a problem as they are merely creating a largely harmless form of entertainment.
In a century or so, or a few years more, we shall fix this great tragedy we caused a hundred years before. -- Myself

QUOTE (Brother_Kaelgrim @ Mar 18 2010, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Titans are the God-Machines of the Adeptus Mechanicus. Imagine a city. Now imagine that city is angry at you, can walk, and has continent leveling weapons aimed at you. And is inhabited by more things that hate you. You have a rough idea of a Titan.

QUOTE (MagicMan @ Dec 22 2010, 07:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Disruptor_fe404 @ Dec 22 2010, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or snort it.

Whoops.
Got it confused with the other things on my desk.

jokaero weaponsmith

jokaero weaponsmith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 290 posts
I think bolter should have a thread for role play, there are quite a few people who have started modeling based on there role play characters on this site or created a chapter in liber astartes.
The 40k universe got a little bigger maybe bolter and chainsword should to? after all

"The Bolter & Chainsword exists to help people learn about modelling, painting, understanding, and playing with power armoured armies in the Warhammer 40k game universe."

Just my two skulls i havent played any role play games just like the thought that more people are been drawn to the hobby in what ever form ( as long as they wear power armour) and The bolter and chainsword.
To the mods no disrespect please keep up the great work .

Edited by jokaero weaponsmith, 30 October 2011 - 02:42 PM.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,579 posts
The "role plays" that are prohibited are the collaborative stories where members took different roles and different people wrote bits and pieces of the story. Too often, people were taking roles of characters from armies/races prohibited by the B&C. We gave them basic limitations on how that might be done, but it was repeatedly demonstrated that members wouldn't follow those rules, so the role plays are no longer allowed.

As for the WH40K RPGs from FFG, discussion of those is allowed here in the Other Games forum. The standard B&C rules for what may/may not be discussed here still apply.

gallery_26_548_2975.gif
gallery_26_548_5714.png
gallery_26_548_11725.gif

jokaero weaponsmith

jokaero weaponsmith

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 290 posts
Fair enough, its a gaming community built on following the rules, they should be able to follow the rule of B&C .
It is a shame some ruined it for all, still everyone likes a bonfire burn the heretics burn them all :D

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,937 posts
I guess that the ban on RP's is still enforced? Or could change* come?

Cheers,

Ludovic

*but still be restricted to Space Marines, Chaos and the Inquisiton

Edited by Battle-Brother Ludovic, 07 March 2012 - 04:39 PM.

nRoyhsi.jpg

Forum Rules | Imperial Fists (& Successors) | Liber Astartes

'Monopoly just wasn't the same after I called down an orbital strike on Baltic Avenue.' - NemFX

'Also, when you are against Tau it is only Cleanse. The Control part is not necessary.' - SanguinaryGuardsman

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,937 posts
I'll take that as a no then, shall I?

Ludovic

nRoyhsi.jpg

'Monopoly just wasn't the same after I called down an orbital strike on Baltic Avenue.' - NemFX

'Also, when you are against Tau it is only Cleanse. The Control part is not necessary.' - SanguinaryGuardsman

Brother Nihm

Brother Nihm

++ INTEMPESTA NOX ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 11,836 posts
  • Chapter Name: Scourges of Quintus
Yes, for now.
Posted Image
My Blog | My Gallery | Call of Chaos: IV, V

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,937 posts

Yes, for now.

Ah, thanks for the reply :D

Ludovic

nRoyhsi.jpg

PhilOfCalth

PhilOfCalth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 42 posts
  • Chapter Name: Ultramarines
Anyone reading this thread any time soon who's looking for role playing a space marine we're putting together a group over on darkreign40k.com including our own Homebrew Space Marine Chapter.
http://darkreign40k....hp?topic=5687.0

Furthermore, if you're looking for a forum that allows good 40k RPGs darkreign40K is excelent!
My Ultramarines:
- Philip

Chaplain Dosjetka

Chaplain Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,937 posts

Apologies if I come across as irritating for bringing this subject back up, but would it possible to allow people to participate in FFG roleplay scenarios on the B&C? Now that the board represents the whole of Humanities armies, it would be great to see members being able to play roleplays like Dark Heresy, Black Crusade and Deathwatch on the forum. Rogue Trader is a bit trickier but with some basic rules, such as no non-NPC aliens, it could work well.

Cheers,

Ludovic

Edited by Battle-Brother Ludovic, 15 March 2013 - 10:13 AM.

nRoyhsi.jpg

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,579 posts
Discussion of the full range of FFG WH40K roleplaying games is allowed since they all feature the armies we cover, but actual roleplaying isn't allowed. The discussion forum setup doesn't support the real time interaction necessary to play roleplaying games, however.

gallery_26_548_2975.gif
gallery_26_548_5714.png
gallery_26_548_11725.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users