Iron Warrior Lord/Liutenant

Chronophague

I didn't quite like the old sod, and wanted to better portray demonic speed, so I used raptor legs, and I painted him a sword which is sorta dark, but still has some color. I think he looks very imposing, and he's actually pretty big, sorta "true scale" sized. :) Comments welcome.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/kronork/Iron%20Warriors/IWbossfront.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/kronork/Iron%20Warriors/IWbossfront2.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/kronork/Iron%20Warriors/IWbossside.jpg

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/kronork/Iron%20Warriors/IWbossback.jpg

Cheers

Right, I cannot fault the painting at all, flawless.

But I don't know what is going on with his left leg. It seems to be just hovering in mid air, giving him a sort of feminine touch. :wacko: I'll leave it there.

Besides that, it's win win all around.

Amazing conversion. Looks very light on his feet, you can practically see him skittering across the battlefield. Ugh, I don't know why that disturbs me so much.

Nice work on the backpack, sword, tube, cape, face, and base, too. The sword on such a metallic model really pops. Beautiful.

What bitz did you use for the backpack, or is that all greenstuff?

Awsome Lord conversion, never thought I'd see the model holding a helmet and keeping both hands with wepons.

The hazard lines are beautiful, I'm very envious of those. The face as well.

So...... this mean your re-doing your demon prince too?

*attempts not to drool on the keyboard*

OOOOh very nice,love the raptor legs ! great idea for demonic speed

the purple as they say makes it "POP" care to give a color breakdown on it ?

is this the guy that should own the yellow gloves :wacko:

cant fault this at all except for the background material,makes some of the model blend in and detail is blurred into all the grey,great stuff with the mini.

mithril

Nice job on the yellow, the hazard stripes, the skintone and the metallics.

Everything from the repositioning to the converted backpack screams unique. :D

I'm not too fond of the purple as it looks a bit bland compared to the rest, what about giving it a few paint-on coats of gloss varnish?

May I ask how you removed the flames on the raptor feet ?, it looks like a very clean job.

A few years ago I was working on my Raptor Cult army and after doing 4 squads of 8, I was ready to bin all my raptors, it simply took ages to remove the flames and flash..

Oh and I think it would be nice if you would show us a shot of your entire army one day so we can see it in all it's glory. B)

I really like that...

I'd suggest putting him on a 40mm base and beilding up the height of the base a bit to make him look more lordish.

I really like that...

I'd suggest putting him on a 40mm base and beilding up the height of the base a bit to make him look more lordish.

What bitz did you use for the backpack, or is that all greenstuff?

I snipped the "exhaust thingies" or whatever they are called from a standard chaos backpack. I cut off the orblike things at the ends. I glued them onto the fur part of the cloak(having cut away a little fur at the destined places). Then I took some skulls with chains from the spiky vehicle sprue, and glued them on. After that I sculpted a little fur over the areas where the backpack parts connect with the cloak, and it was ready for paint.

So...... this mean your re-doing your demon prince too?

*attempts not to drool on the keyboard*

No, even consider such a thing makes me shiver, the amount of time to make a new dp would take ages. And unlike my old liutenant, there's nothing wrong with my Demon Prince. At least in my opinion

OOOOh very nice,love the raptor legs ! great idea for demonic speed

the purple as they say makes it "POP" care to give a color breakdown on it ?

Black basecoat. Then I just painted lines adding liche purple to black, and then spacewolf grey to liche purple.

Was really a pretty quick job, I think I'll go back to the sword and do one or two more highlights, make it look a bit more "magical"... :D

May I ask how you removed the flames on the raptor feet ?, it looks like a very clean job.

A few years ago I was working on my Raptor Cult army and after doing 4 squads of 8, I was ready to bin all my raptors, it simply took ages to remove the flames and flash..

Oh and I think it would be nice if you would show us a shot of your entire army one day so we can see it in all it's glory

Well, if you look at the raptors, the champion has a very puny flame attached to his feet, unlike the other raptors. Tho, that didn't really affect my choise of legs, since I just wanted the one with the tabard. I haven't noticed any special flash on them ? Nothing you can't scrape away quick with your modelling knife(curved blade). And yes, there will be bloo.. I mean an army shot, there's still some stuff to do, then I need to start thinking of a nice background for the army and whatnot. :wacko: My puny background I use can probably fit 3 predators a breast, barely.

Again nice stuff, really like how you done the flesh on his head. Care to tell us how you did this????

I've posted this flesh recipe a few times already. :) Commando khaki. liche purple+tank brown(vallejo)+chaosblack wash. Highlight liche purple(just the tiniest drop)+commando khaki, then add white for successive highlights. I did a VERY thin wash of black+DAgreen and black+liche purple too.

He already towers above normal marines.

Looks great i would have gone a different colour on his cloak though all that grey tends to blend into one grey mass.
Well, I don't want the focus of the model to be on the cloak. ;)

Cheers

Could you show us a pick of The Lord next to a normal marine? smile.gif

Sure thing.

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h289/kronork/comparision.jpg

Cheers

:blink: :blink: :blink:

I guess you won't be losing him in the middle of the battle :) .

I just have to say, I'm a huge fan of your IW army. every piece you produce is wonderfully painted. This is an awesome conversion and I'm thoroughly in awe. :)

I am amazed by your metallics and was wondering if you could post your recipe/tutorial for it, or if you've already done that a link to the thread? Greatly Appreciated. :blink:

hey chrono, whatever happend to the nmm iron warriors you were working on a few years ago? did you ever post pictures?

cheers,

That project is dead and buried, not enough time for it. :wub:

How bout a color break-down on the metal? Great stuff.

Mithril basecoat. Wash with black+tankbrown/lichepurple/DAgreen quite so many times. Then rehighlight with mithril silver, painting scratches and edgehighlights also with mithril silver.

Cheers

Archived