Iron Warrior Lord/Liutenant

Chronophague

QUOTE(Brother nihm)

May I ask how you removed the flames on the raptor feet ?, it looks like a very clean job.

A few years ago I was working on my Raptor Cult army and after doing 4 squads of 8, I was ready to bin all my raptors, it simply took ages to remove the flames and flash..

Oh and I think it would be nice if you would show us a shot of your entire army one day so we can see it in all it's glory

Well, if you look at the raptors, the champion has a very puny flame attached to his feet, unlike the other raptors. Tho, that didn't really affect my choise of legs, since I just wanted the one with the tabard. I haven't noticed any special flash on them ? Nothing you can't scrape away quick with your modelling knife(curved blade). And yes, there will be bloo.. I mean an army shot, there's still some stuff to do, then I need to start thinking of a nice background for the army and whatnot. laugh.gif My puny background I use can probably fit 3 predators a breast, barely.

Cheers,

I guess the quality of the models here are poor then, the raptor feet often look like large lumps with an undescribable mass attached.. :s

Craft knife, check.

I've been using my old, dull but otherwise reliable swiss army knife and while decent, it just doesn't "cut" it anymore. :P

Sorry to ask again, but is the mithril basecoat painted on or dry-brushed on. Also wanted you to know that thanks to you I've been suckered into starting a small IW force as well. Dang it, lol.

No drybrushing, drybrushing is for bases. Good luck with the force, keep us updated with pics. :tu:

Cheers

I've been considering building a Night Lords force using the Chaos Warrior capes... any tips on combining them with PA torsos and arms? Did you GS fur around the shoulder pads?

Only had to use a little GS for the fur, it was a pretty good fit. No real tips, just cut and test fit the parts a lot, and you'll get it right.

Cheers

Archived