Shrogran, Exalted Daemon Prince of Khorne

DV8

I'd won the Daemon Prince model a while back (almost a year ago) and had converted him up into a Khorne Lord, with the intent of building a Khornate Cult army around him. That project crashed before it even started, but I did manage to convert up a nifty Lord.

Anyways, I never got around to finishing the model, until I found out Warpstone was this weekend. Since I was volunteering, I figured I'd finish him up and enter him for <DELETED BY THE INQUISITION>s and giggles (and just because I can. :D)

Without further ado, I give you Shrogran, Exalted Daemon Prince of Khorne.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/mybrain/Daemon%20Prince%20of%20Khorne/Shrogran.jpg

Comments and criticisms, as always, are welcome. The astute among you will notice that his middle finger, and the spikes on his boots, have been chipped. Probably due to wear and tear as I was painting it and moving it around for photography. Suffice to say, those have been fixed. If you see any other chips/mistakes not on the hand/feet, do tell me.

*EDIT* PS there is a bit of a shine to it as it has not been Dullcoted yet (I use Testors). I'll post updated pictures, along with closeups, after the event (hopefully along with the trophy).

DV8

The gems, the red and the WE icon on the pad are amazingly well painted in my opinion.

The soft glow from the magma only enforces the image and makes him ooze menace.

Is that guitar wire coming from his back?

The gems, the red and the WE icon on the pad are amazingly well painted in my opinion.

The soft glow from the magma only enforces the image and makes him ooze menace.

Is that guitar wire coming from his back?

It is indeed guitar wire. It's the lowest one (E-string). Technically it's at the top, but lowest in pitch.

Just an idea, but if you painted the eyes in a glowing bright green. Awsome. But there is alot of detail that is overlooked at first, but this is a fantastic model, one of the best I've seen.

The eyes are green. You just can't see it very well from a dead on angle, as his head looks down (although the first shot shows his right eye a little).

DV8

It's awesome, but i have one criticism, the sword seems too straight ct, i doubt a sword would shatter like that, does it come like that in the box? forgive me, it doesn't come to mind and, unfortunately, i don't play against daemons much(which sucks because my army is designed to do just that)

i donno the red doesnt do it for me, im not a fan of the amount of contrast

@grey knight, generally from what ive seen thats how metal breaks, what you dont see is all the tiny bumps where it broke(because its a small model), its not like wood it doesnt tear, it just snaps

Starks

A mix of Black Ink, Brown Ink, and Future Floor wax. Then I just glaze the ink and Boltgun Metal until I achieve the desired effect/smoothness.

I'm also happy to announce that Shrogran took home First.

DV8

DV8- I like this fig a lot. Maybe even moreso than your excellent Chappy Termie. But I admit, I've always loved the DP model since day one.

I just have to say I never would have thought that colouring the skin the same as the armour would work, but now that I see it, it does indeed work just fine. Again I really like it. I may have to use it as a guide for my own DP soon.

The only thing that has me wondering is the weapon. Every khornate DP I see is usually motivated to possess some massive axe. I even like the sword as it is in the box, and I like what you've done as well. Very nice freehand on the pad as well. Nice job on the base too. Simple but well done.

DV8- I like this fig a lot. Maybe even moreso than your excellent Chappy Termie. But I admit, I've always loved the DP model since day one.

I just have to say I never would have thought that colouring the skin the same as the armour would work, but now that I see it, it does indeed work just fine. Again I really like it. I may have to use it as a guide for my own DP soon.

The only thing that has me wondering is the weapon. Every khornate DP I see is usually motivated to possess some massive axe. I even like the sword as it is in the box, and I like what you've done as well. Very nice freehand on the pad as well. Nice job on the base too. Simple but well done.

Well, I wantd him to have a rather "simple" weapon, perhaps the same blade he's been using for the past 10,000 years. Something he wields with brute strength rather than relying on possessed daemon swords (although if I ever field him, I'd treat it as a Berserker Glaive/Sword, cuz it makes him bad-ass).

congrats on your win DV8. i wanted to ask about the World Eaters shoulder pad - is it GS or freehand?

Everything is freehand, so the cuts and knicks on the sword, the sewn flesh tabard, the khorne icon on his forehead, and the World Eaters shoulderpad...all hand painted.

congrats Brother! Really fantastic work there. Of course, I think you should finish his army and field that beast!

Too much of a hassle for me to paint yet ANOTHER army (especially power armor, which everybody plays around here). Chances are, this will be a single model for fun, and if I ever build an army around/for him, it'll be many years down the road.

I'm also happy to announce that Shrogran took home First.

Oh nice, congratulations! :)

Thanks! :)

DV8

congrats on your win DV8. i wanted to ask about the World Eaters shoulder pad - is it GS or freehand?

Everything is freehand, so the cuts and knicks on the sword, the sewn flesh tabard, the khorne icon on his forehead, and the World Eaters shoulderpad...all hand painted.

holy crap! this model just went from very impressive to uber impressive :)

edit: post more pics please (with closeups) :)

Archived