Metal-themed Slaanesh army

Mortarion

In early 2003 I had just finished an army of a certain xenos race that shall not be named on this forum. The said army was numberous and greenskinned and in the end I was somewhat frustrated with the fact that I had to paint below my level in order to complete the army in time. Then I statred wondering how well I could actually paint an army without any time limits. So I decided to try. I would let each model take as long as I felt it needed and use my other armies to play on tournaments in the meantime.

At the time, NMM was something new and cool and I decided I wanted to try it on the army... Not a good idea. I learned a lot from it but one thing was that NMM on an entire army is way too time-consuming. The army took about two years to finish, but I am very pleased with the end reslut. And it won "Best painted" on all the major torunaments in Sweden in 2005, something never before accomplished by any other army, so I guess other people liked it as well. And now I thought I would share it with the people on B&C! :)

Since I feel that the army require quite a lot of pictures for each unit I will not post all at once, but rather a few each week in order to conserve and control my bandwidth usage somewhat. I hope this is OK and doesn't break any forum rules. So, lets start with...

PART I - HQ AND ELITES

First a bit of background. The moment I opened the 2nd ed rulebook and saw a picture of the original Noise marine model (the one with an electric guitar with an underslung bolter) I though "Wow! That's so cool!". Time passed and I collected and painted a few armies. GW released two editions of new noise marines and with each edition the guitar image moved further away.

Looks awesome, those have some fantastic conversions, and I love the metal theme.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h233/Bulonicus/Metal/chrhino04.jpg

The interior of the rhino. Not the best picture but you get the point...

Hey, if the rhino be rockin... :devil: -MT

YESSS! That's the coolest! Great idea and great execution! I like both Maiden and Manowar, so no problem with that. Looking forward to see the maiden-troops. is there any chance for a "trooper"-style trooper? Or a "fear of the dark" -sorcerer? Whatabout a "lost in time"-champion?

/Cheers

Archived