Da'Boyz Indy GT, Just Got back!

littlbitz

littlbiltz, I have to know where you got the sword your wolf lord uses, got a serious conversion idea for it.

And to keep this on topic... Nice report and you deserved that best painted army award, good work on the DP list, going to watch this thread for your other reports to see how they did.

Always nice to see battle reports. I am curious about one comment, however.

The game was played on a Powerplant or Factory type board, we decided the real low Rubble ruins would be level 2 with a 5 up invuln. and the building type ruins would count as just that.

So the people putting on the tournament didn't specify what the terrain was? That seems odd. Or is that just me?

There was just such a wide Variety of terrain, that they thought it better to allow the players to decide.

This worked out great actually.

Game 2 was played against the Tau on a Cityfight board. The mission was Cleanse. This Tau army was very well balanced and had a bit of everything with a nice selection of units from the new codex that I havent seen fielded before.

It included, a Tau Battle suit commander guy, Several Battle suits, a couple of Footslogging fire warrior squads, 2 Devil fish squads, a stealth suit squad, 2 broad sides, a huge kroot squad with hounds, a vespid squad, and 2 of those sniper guys with drone assortment.

The Tau deployment.

My deployment in the opposite corner.

We roll of for first turn and again with the assistance of the "Old Man" I get to choose, and allow the Tau to take first turn "for the greater good" of course.

He immediately tries to capitalize on having first turn and begins to spread out some of his forces, preparing to take board corners.

For some unknown reason (perhaps he didn't want to get slowed down) he keeps the majority of his army in the open on the streets of the city.

In my first turn I Turbo boost my bikers up my left side, staying in cover.

The Bikers are on the move.

In the Tau's 2nd turn he continues to attempt to position himself, preparing for the Wolves to arrive. He does mumble something about this next turn telling how things will go. Unable to get any shots on my Bikes his turn ends.

In my turn I roll for reserves. Unfortunately... for the Tau, all of my units arrive except for the Scouts (they do like thier drink :( )

After some consideration I decide to attack this mission differently than I usually would, considering the dense city fight terrain. I drop in spreading out in all 4 corners. I drop a GreyHunter pack in one corner to target a Devil fish packed with firewarriors that wandered away from the main army, On the other side I drop in my Venerable Dread supported by my other GreyHunter Pack to tackle the Kroot and thier hounds with the dread and shoot another Devil fish packed with fire warriors that the Kroot were preparing to support. My Retinue of Termies lands somewhat board center in my own corner using a building for cover to shoot at the Stealth suits wandering up the street, I attempt to land my BloodClaws behind them in support but they scatter into the middle of the main street to face off against half of the Tau army, they huddle behind thier Pod, Hoping the rest of the Wolves will distract the Tau long enough for them to make it to cover.

I decide to turbo boost my bikes back towards my corner for support, I position my heavy bolter bikes for some pot shots and turboboost the bloodclaws. My Wolfguard battle leader on the bike leaves the pack and guns his bike right through the building to the board center to within charge range of a FireWarrior pack. The look on my opponents face told me he wasnt expecting that.

In my shooting phase, The Lone Greyhunter pack fails to even scratch the paint on the Devil Fish they had targeted, even with the 2 Melta shots and 2 plasma shots...they must have been drinking with the scouts.

My Retinue appears to far away from the Stealth suits to use my Plasma so I roll to see if I can target the Stealthers and manage to see them thanks to my acute senses the Assault cannons open fire and drop a couple of them.

My Venerable Dread targets the Kroot in the Building, with his Heavy Flamer and assault cannon, killing no less than FIFTEEN of those bird dudes :)

My other Grey Hunter pack fails to drop the other devil fish as well.

Through dangerous terrain and into combat!

I charge with my Wolfguard Battle leader and kill 5 of the Firewarriors, they fail to break and swarm in on my Battle Leader...

All in all not a bad round, I am still not sure if I made the right decision to drop in seperated or not... Only time will tell.

To be continued...

In the Tau turn he scramble to attempt a counter attack.

He unloads his Devil fish that was seperated from his main force in order to light up the Grey Hunters, also positioning the Devil fisth for some fire support, he also brings up his Vespid for some serious anti-power armored fire power.

His Kroot attempt to close on the Grey Hunters in the ruin next to the Dread figuring the safest place for them would be close combat but roll a ONE for thier difficult terrain check. (apparently these guys are only adept at moving through the woods)

The other Devil fish figures that the combined power of the dread and Greyhunters are too much to handle so, fly over the building to disembark and target the BloodClaws.

The rest of his army attempts to target my Retinue in the Building. Hopefully the 4+ cover there will be sufficient.

In his shooting phase, his forces just about decimate my lone GreyHunter pack

The Price of failure

The rest of his shooting is pretty ineffective however, with me losing 1 terminator and 1 Attackbike to assorted shooting from the rest of his army.

In the assault phase, my Wolfguard battle leader kills some more Fire Warriors, this time they fail thier morale and are run down. I find myself in the open and all alone, but its my turn next.

In my turn, my BloodClaws move into the building next to them in order to charge the firewarriors. My bikes who were coming around in support prepare to charge the devil fish. My Grey Hunters in the ruins next to the Venerable dread line up to fire on a stray FireWarriors squad while my Venerable dread Prepares to fire on the Kroot again.

My attack bike pulls back and loops around the center building to support the Retinue which just shifts inside the building to get more shots on the Stealth suits bringing the Combi-plasma guns in range.

My shooting sees the stray FireWarrior squad in the street go down, and the Stealth suits all fall to my Retinues Gun-fire.

My BloodClaws attempt to charge the FireWarriors behind them, but roll SnakeEyes!!!!! failed charge! they must have been drinkin' too (see a trend here?)

My bikers charge the Devil Fish Dropping it.

Bikers picking up the slack for the Infantry.

WGBL charges into his 2nd squad as the Venerable Dread finishes off the Kroot

The Sniper squad passes its morale check and stays engaged with my Battle Leader.

The Tau bring the Devilfish and squad up my flank to attack the Retinue, providing cover fire from the broad-sides.

With my Dread and Greyhunters on my right well placed in terrain there is little shooting other than at my retinue which drops another terminator, and his Fire warrior squad which is facing off against my BloodClaws and BC bikers attempts to shoot down as many bikes as he can, he actually drops one.

He does manage to position his commander for a pot-shot on my Vennie which is ineffective.

In Close combat my Wolfguard Battle Leader finishes off that Sniper squad thingy and prepares for the next turn...

My Scouts are at this point still on board ship drinking and just don't want to play.

I surround the fire warriors with a scary assortment of bloodclaws, I advance my dread through cover preparing to bring down the Tau commander with the "Old man"

My Wolfguard battle leader races his bike forward through the Tau lines, by-passing the Commander, the Broad-sides, and another sniper squad in order to get a position on the Vespid who were in position to bring a nasty attack on my Terminator Retinue.

My Termies and attack-bikes shoot at the Devil fish and its cargo with no effect. The rest of my army charges...

My BloodClaws make a mess of the FireWarriors while the Venerable dread smashes the Tau commander into a Fish Chip.

My WolfGuard Battle leader tears his Frost Blade into the Vespid dropping several.

In his turn, out of desperation he brings his Sniper squad and a Battle suit squad (which had been hanging back holding that corner) into combat with my Battle Leader.

His Broad sides attempt to drop the Vennie, while his devil fish and firewarriors attempt to make the Retinue non-scoring...

It all fails.

Scouts arrive in order to, well, they just show up...

Thorgrimm and his 2 favored retainers hold the center.

In my turn the Assault cannons bring the Fire Warriors below scoring, while my WGBL does the same to the Battle suit squad.

In the end I control 3 board corners and he controls none, (My scouts gain me a bonus battle point for being in his deployment zone.)

A Victory for the Wolves... :(

To be continued, again...

Thanks for the comments guys!!!

'ere ya go White Wolf...

Yeah, Rags I am definately thinking hard on the second retinue. I am gonna start playing with them here in the house (with no paint and a Party-cup drop pod) to try them out while I paint them. I will let you know how it goes.

Game 2 will be posted in the mornin' :D

WOW!!! Great minds think alike. I'm using those same bits to make my wolf lord, except I'm gonna use the EC's body aswell, and a different head. Love it though. Nice to have an idea how it's gonna turn out. Now if only I could paint him up half as good as yers....

I really don't know yet Jarl. For now me and my buds are going to be doing some 2500 point gaming through the winter so the second retinue is really an add on.

When I give it more thought I will post thoughts on a 2 Retinue list at 1850.

Game Three was against my problem opponent...

The Eldar, Beil Tan.

His list had 2 Falcons and 3 Wave Serpents, or was it 3 Falcons and 2 Wave Serpents? No matter, he had 5 of those combined. Filled with an assortment of Aspect warriors, led by a Farseer and Council of 3 Warlocks on Speederbikes.

The mission is, Recon :(

I'm in trouble before this one starts.

The game is played on another variety of the City boards, this one has fewer intact buildings and more rubble type ruins. We decide to play the Rubble as 5+ cover since its so decimated, and the Ruined buildings as 4+ cover.

I deploy my bikers behind a building and he deploys across his deployment zone.

We roll off and he gets the first turn.

In his first 2 turns of movement he splits his forces in 2, and flies fast to the board edges, facing his rear armor off the board to prevent me from getting any good shots on his skimmers.

I spend the time turboboosting my bikers up the center.

As I roll for reserves I get My Retinue, the Ven Dread and a GreyHunter pack to come on.

I figure I have one shot at this, I concentrate my dropped units to face off against 3 off his skimmers. I hope I have enough fire power to drop a couple of the Eldar Skimmers.

I fire a combined total of 12 assault cannon shots, 8 plasma shots and 2 melta shots at the skimmers in front of me and to my dismay I don't even scratch the paint on one of them! :huh:

In his turn he zips 2 of his speeders out of there while unloading the cargo of the third... thats right a bunch of Howling banshees...

The Space Wolves assault ineffective, the Eldar prepare to strike...

He assaults my Retinue with his Banshees, he wins combat but I hold.

In my turn, I decide that I need to try and drop in and attempt to destroy a target while staying close enough to his deployment zone to score. I pick on his Farseer in the center dropping in surrounding them with a GreyHunter pack, and a BloodClaws pack.

My scouts come on in his deployment zone, to hide in a ruin while my bikers turbo-boost in across his board edge prepared to assist my first wave.

The Space Wolves attempt to destroy the Eldar General

The volley of fire I unleash could drop a Land Raider, yet it only kills two of the Magically Protected Warlocks.

The Ven Dread rushes in to assist the Retinue and try and save them before the Howling banshee power weapons take them out.

The "Old Man" comes to the rescue...

In Close combat the Howling banshees Break from combat and flee, being wiped out eventually by the bikers who block thier retreat.

The Banshees flee...

In the Eldar turn he begins to pick off my Army with a dizzying assortment of AP2 and AP3 weaponry.

My GreyHunter pack that dropped in with the Retinue and Dread.

My BloodClaws make a move for his deployment zone realizing that thier short ranged weaponry will never catch the eldar.

He charges my other Greyhunters which only have a few troops left, after a bloody close combat the Farseer (now alone, Flees) The Lone Wolfguard Terminator who led the GreyHunters pack trudges through the ruins going after the Farseer.

The Wolfguard Champion seeks revenge.

In my turn my surviving retinue and the Dread make thier way back towards my deployment zone in an effort to drop some eldar Skimmers which have made thier home thier.

I fire 12 Assault Cannon shots into a Skimmer, and you guessed it, didn't even scratch the paint...

Damn I hate thier Witchery :)

In his turn I pay for my foolhardiness as he unloads a bunch of those melta-gun guys and turns my Venerable dread into a melted heap of Ceramite...

he also fires an assortment of AP2 weaponry from a couple of Tanks to finish off my Retinue.

My Wolfguard finishes off the Farseer in Close Combat with a couple of well placed punches in the face with a Powerfist.

Realizing I dont have the time or mobility to counter-attack with my remaining forces we call the game. I end it with the BloodClaws, My bikes and Scouts scoring in his deployment zone and he has a bunch of Skimmers (only a couple were scoring the others were dedicated transports), and an assortment of Aspect warrior squads in my Deployment zone.

A win for the Eldar.

Hmm... The Eldar seems to be my Achilles heel. I can defeat the standard type eldar armies with Wraithlords, Avatars, Guardians and an assortment of units. But when they are extremely Skimmer Heavy, I lose everytime.

With the new Eldar Codex coming out, I may have to rethink my list, hmmm.....

Anyways, there are still TWO games left... Stay tuned!

Ouch! I too have fits when facing eldar of any variety. I'm taking on DE later today and I always have a hard time against them. I am expecting a slew of eldar at this upcoming tournament and I expect to struggle against them. Time will tell I guess. Great batrep and excellent pictures!

Hmm... The Eldar seems to be my Achilles heel. I can defeat the standard type eldar armies with Wraithlords, Avatars, Guardians and an assortment of units.

God I so wish I lived in your country . In my all elder are just cavalery and they don't run aspects [ cost to much points] just mini max guardians and vipers . But it's nohing now now they can move 24" and still shoot . don't get destroyed on double 5 and cost less points . talk about balanced army .

Ok on to game 4!

Game 4 was against one of DaBoyz playing a very nice and very well balanced Word Bearers army. The army included 4 chaos squads two of which were 6 man and the other two being 12 man, 2 Oblits, a squad of Termies a landraider a Predator, and one pack of each: Horrors, deamonettes, Bloodletters and plague bearers, all led by the Dark Apostle.

The mission was called "Head of the Snake" I think... a victory point mission where your commander is all important, and give the entire army +1 ldrshp while he is alive. If he dies then the entire army must immediately make a morale check as if they took 25% casualties from shooting. This mission had escalation as well, so I would begin the game with my entire army off the table.

We played on a Wooded table with a nice ruin in the center.

Dicing for 1st turn I win the roll off (I love that Ven. Dread) and I allow him to go first, hoping that in the second turn most of his Army will show.

During his first turn he spends his time trying to centralise his Infantry into a defensive center.

In his second turn he begins rolling for reserves, His entire army shows with the exception of his Plague bearers and Obliterators!!!

He drops his deamons in a formation around his troops in order to try and assault when I drop in. he brings his tanks on and moves them 12 inches, with no shots to take he ends his turn.

I roll for my reserves and get my Venerable Dread. my BloodClaws and my Scouts. an odd combination of units but I think I know what to do.

I bring my scouts up behind his 2 tanks, which came on together (I wasn't sure at this point which one I would target)

I drop my Venerable dread behind a Tree, able to target his horrors but out of LOS of any real big guns that could pose a threat to him in the next turn.

And I drop my BloodClaws indirectly, in an effort to make any approach on my Dread undesirable.

The SpaceWolves begin to make Planetfall

My shooting is minimal with my Venerable Dread taking out a few of the Chaos marines (The Horrors just didn't pose a threat to the Dread.)

Weighing my options I decide to shoot at the Predator rather than the Landraider, Yes, I went for the sure thing. I would rather have 4 shots into the rear armor of a predator with good chances of blowing it up, than 1 shot at the landraider with a meltagun. I think I made the right choice as the Predator is blown up...

In his turn he brings his Landraider to bear, driving up onto a small hill to try and gain a commanding fire position.

He begins to move his Horrors towards my BloodClaws and gains a position to try and take a few potshots at them as well. (since he had to move that chaos unit and couldnt fire at my Dread with his heavy weapon)

Ah, I nearly forgot... his plaguebearers are summoned and come on into position to assault my Scouts.

His Terminators begin to move around to get into position against my Dread.

My scouts lose assault, but not before bringing down a couple of Plaguebearers.

In my next turn my Bikers come on, I hear a slight "uh-oh, they got too close to your board edge" as I rush my bikers on right in front of the Terminators.

One of my Greyhunter packs also arrive, I place them right next to the Chaos Landraider in an effort to use a pair of melta shots to take it out. Shooting thier Meltaguns they only manage to destroy a Lascannon sponson.

The Wolves continue thier assault.

My attackbikers also arrive and come onboard and shoot at the Deamonettes who were moving in to support the horrors. Sending them back to the warp.

I move my dread around in support of the Bikers in case they lose assault.

My BloodClaws become engaged in combat with a bunch of Horrors, winning combat but the Horrors hold.

My assault with my bikes takes out all but one of the Terminators but pay a heavy price as they are all brought down in a flurry of Powerweapon attacks!!!

In the Chaos Turn the Oblits still fail to arrive. The LandRaider shoots at my attackbikes and kills one. His Dark Apostle brings the remaining Plague bearers around to assault my Grey Hunter pack.

In my next turn the Retinue and my other Greyhunter pack arrive. I drop in on the other side in an attempt to slow down his units that were attempting to close in and support my first and second waves.

The 3rd Wave...

Also my attackbike moves into postion to shoot at the Bloodletters that were moving into the ruins.

The combined fire from my Greyhunter pack and Retinue put a nice dent in the Bloodletters.

My bloodClaws finish off the horrors and begin to sweep into a chaos squad that was moving into position to support. BloodClaws on the move again...

Combat continues against the plaguebearers and the DarkApostle, with chaos gaining the upper-hand on my Greyhunters, but they hold.

In the Chaos turn he attempts to bring his remaining Bloodletters to bear shifting thier direction through the ruins towards my Terminators.

His oblits arrive and he walks them on in order to shoot at my retinue, while his Chaos Squad turns in place to unload a volley of shots into them as well.

The combined fire of the Chaos squad and his oblits kills one of my Retinue.

Rather than charge my BloodClaws Chaos decides to unload the firepower of 12 marines into my BloodClaws, his shooting is largely ineffective and the BloodClaw advance will continue.

He attempts to charge my retinue with his Bloodletters but rolling for difficult terrain the charge fails.

In my turn I move my retinue out of LOS of the Oblits and in position to shoot at the large Chaos squad in front of them, My Greyhunter pack remains stationary prepared to shoot, while my Dread moves in to finish off the Bloodletters.

I wouldn't want to be in the Wordbearers shoes right now.

On the other side of the board my BloodClaws surround the other large Chaos Squad.

In the shooting phase the combined shooting of the Retinue and the Greyhunter pack (yes I rapid fired my Plasma pistols) killed them all...

My Venerable dread finished off the Bloodletters.

My BloodClaws used thier flamer, fired thier plasma and bolt pistols, then assaulted, killing all 12 chaos marines.

His DarkApostle finished up the Greyhunter pack with the help of the last couple of Plague bearers and they move toward the BloodClaws.

This turn about sealed the fate of the Wordbearers...

In his turn he moves towards my BloodClaws more to gain revenge against them for the Slaughter they brought to bear than any chance of them winning this battle.

The DarkApostle faces off against the BloodClaws, in a gesture of defiance.

In the end the BloodClaws Hold, and a Solid Victory is gained for the Wolves and for Russ!!!

Great reports Littlebitz. If the guy with the Eldar list was named Dan, I know him pretty well, and have seen that army used with devestating effect. He is a pretty nice guy to play against, and I've really only seen him lose once with that Biel Tan list.

Congrats on the best painted and for doing as well as you did. I had toyed with the idea of going to that GT, but alas, life and lack of a fully painted army got in the way.

I look forward to more reports, especially to see if you played against anyone else I know.

Later.

That was Dan in fact, very good army, very good player and a very nice guy.

I wish I had given him more of a fight, but alas it was not to be...

Da'boyz are planning other events and I plan on attending, so I may get my revenge :angry:

anyways, thanks for the kind words guys.

Stay tuned for the last game!!!

Great job bitz! You have me rethinking taking out the PF's and replacing them with plasma pistols for my DPSW force. I think three plasma pistol shots(third with WG), flamer and a WG with Thunderhammer might do nicely. :unsure:

Archived