Sons of Malal

Shinji

Way back, back in the mists of time, there was a 5th Chaos God.

"Malal is the Renegade God of Chaos. Malal was either cast out by the other Gods, or else abandoned them on his own. Malal is different from the other gods in that he does not strive to increase his domain in the realm of chaos, but strives to bring down the other gods and destroy chaos.

Malal uses any means necessary in his goal.

Whether it is through deception and trickery or brute force. His power comes from the struggle of the oppressed against their oppressors (whether its an individual or a group of people)."

If my sources are correct, this fellow DID in fact exist at one point in the fluff, till some sort of copyrighting problems occured and he was retconned.

Now, the idea of a Chaos God who's cultists seek to hunt other Chaos cultists tickles me in places best left undescribed. How would I go about representing such an army with the Chaos codex? Any ideas?

Hiya,

It's always nice to see more people joining the ranks of "the outcast god" :angry: I personally think a Malal warband would be better represented by a 13th company list. This is highly elitist, with the possibility of supacharacters, with a lot of hardpoint options gone, just as I would figure that a renegade Malal warband without acess to support would look like.

If you choose the chaos list, I'd go for upgraded troops and avoid the more obvious "freaky" style chaos options; eg obliterators, daemons, possessees and most vehicles. Malals followers would probably be gifted with great power and then expend themselves in a rather swift way, rather than slowly degenerate into chaotic mindlessness. I really think that the "hordes of cultist/cheap expendables" doesn't fit with the renegade theme, so I would also avoid cultists. But then again, if you like to play Imperial Guard maybe the horde style is for you!

My 0.05

Please use grammar in the future. It makes posts easier to read.

I don't like that shield idea. The invulnerable save isn't such a bad idea, but I don't think Malak would want to use the Psychic powers of another God.

Kaleb's story was printed from 85-87, sadly the fourth part never got made.

Did anyone else notice Throt the Unclean in comic 2?

Please use grammar in the future. It makes posts easier to read.

I must agree, the previous post was a shocking abuse!

By the way it's Malal :huh:

If you want to do anti chaos remember that Ld reducing stuff works a treat against daemons.

Doesn't mean it's a good idea. If the fluff was true, one Space Marine could take out an entire Ork army. And the story is set in Fantasy, where magic items are more prevalent anyway.

Also, you edited your post for grammar but removed all of the text.

DoW isn't fluff though. Case in point, the Winter Assault Chaos Legion (Khorne's Blood legion) used Sorcerers, which is not canon. Also all of Chaos use daemons, cultists and have access to Bloodthrister.

Moral of the story, don't use DoW to back up anything in the standard 40k fluff. It doesn't work.

Ah I havent played WA yet and Dow is sorta cannon as you play as AL thats why you have acsess to cults. well unless you chose an alternate color scheme... Back to topic I dont think space marines are that powerful to take on a hundred orcs...

:ph34r:

Ahem...I find the idea of Malal very atracting. I think I kinda have a soft side for hopeless causes.

Archived