Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Crusade for Antioc - Character submission thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
145 replies to this topic

Sigismund Himself

Sigismund Himself

++SCRIBERE NOVELLUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,415 posts
Anyone volunteering to coordinate the Loyalists?

Plague BeAst

Plague BeAst

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts
I'm sure he'll get finished in time. I'm converting his backpack atm. The only issue is whether I can get to a camera before tomorrow. I suppose I have 48 hours...

In any case, you've raised an interesting point. I for one love the fluff, and would like to see Inihilus become an "official" recurring part of it. Whether its as an incidental character, or something more focal, I'd actually like to see Inihilus more involved in opposing the Legio long term.

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts

Anyone volunteering to coordinate the Loyalists?

BrotherCaptainAchilles and myself have already started discussing doing this.
We will come back with something a bit more definitive tomorrow.
If anyone who is well experienced in leading AoD's wish to have a go at it or if you think you can give advice etc. please speak up! :wacko:

Edited by Chaptermaster Graymantle, 11 January 2007 - 11:46 AM.

New-GA-hotlink-banner-190511.jpg

Hasoroth

Hasoroth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,513 posts
I'm in mate, I've done this AoD thing before.

eguzgPS.jpg

Nightrunner

Nightrunner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 820 posts
Hey guys, will be entering my loyalist wolf guard later today, have never done one of these before but have been itching to get involved for aaaages! Will keep my acute senses ready as will need some help with any sort of co-ordinating methinks if I DO get in! :) :) ;) ;) :)
QUOTE (Wolfside)
My friend's dog ate his iron priest. No armour save there.

Nightrunner

Nightrunner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 820 posts
Well, here it is, hopefully I'll see you guys on Antioc!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Rroth snorted as he stretched out and cracked a few bones to warm himself up. In truth, this was a routine that his genetically altered body had not needed in more seasons than a normal man could count, but he had made it a habit of a lifetime that was no far to ingrained to give up on.

Stripped of his power armour – still in the capable hands of Forn the Iron priest after his “close encounter” with the acidic maw of a Tyranid screamer-killer – he stood in the centre of a small space his Hunters had cleared in the busy hold of the ship amongst the company of their battle brothers, bare at the waist and clothed only in simple garments. His body was laced with scars from his centuries of service, his tanned skin contrasting against the pale beard and mane of hair that he proudly sported. The only trinket he bore now was a necklace of fangs, their owner a fond memory from his past, another friend gone to serve with Russ.

“Hear Ye, Hear Ye!” bellowed Vannar, the youngest of the ‘claws in Rroth’s pack and the first to make use of his prodigious mouth.
“Come, battle brothers, and see a feat of strength as our resident old fang has finally drank more than his old gut can take and has decided that he will take on not one but two - yes, two! - of his very own protégés in unarmed combat. Again, did I mention his age?”

“Could Russ himself ever convince you to stop this foolishness, so close to a campaign? I can almost smell Antioch and here you are risking injury.”

Rroth turned to face his second, Haakon, Pack sergeant of the small pack of Grey Hunters under his command. Seeing the look on his leader’s face, he snorted a laugh and slapped Rroth on the shoulder.

“I’ll go and find that barrel you were after! Play nice, won’t you?”

Rroth examined the pair who faced him now. Young-in-the tooth all, yet they showed the most promise of any Blood Claws he had trained in nearly sixty years. Lorn, the smaller and ultimately the prouder of the pair who had dragged his companion Ballak, quiet even for a ‘claw but a headstrong as the novice Space Wolves’ were famous for.

“Are you sure you want to go through with this?” questioned Lorn, grinning widely to show his small fangs. “Your drunken boast can easily be forgotten?”

The small crowd of tech adepts and even a few curious Brother Marines had now thickened to a veritable throng as word of this show had spread throughout the cargo bay.

“There are only two of you, boy! I’d have more problems with a pickled Kraken than I will with the pair of you!”

Haakon chuckled as he heard Lorn’s snarled retort matched with Rroth’s bellow of laughter as the fun finally began.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A pair of Haakon’s Grey Hunters carried the unconscious body of Lorn out of the impromptu fight-circle whilst his fellow Blood Claws sought to uncover the large form of their wolf-brother Ballak from a pile of cargo crates that he had been unfortunate enough to encounter head-first.
Haakon appeared next to Rroth, a barely-concealed grin written over his features.

“I always win at unfair fights. By Russ, I must be teaching these pups something wrong”

“Rroth, I remember you as a pup – lest we forget the time that - ”

“Yes, alright Haakon, lest you get started on another saga of my exploits. No, next time, I shall make it a fair fight. Make it four of them, and give me some good ale first, by Bjorn and Russ himself!”

So tell me then - did you ever find out what became of that barrel of ale…..?”

Wolf Guard Battle Leader Rroth:

SPACE MARINE from the Great Company of Ragnar Blackmane. A Veteran of centuries’ service, Rroth has deliberately refused further promotion from the wolf guard on a number of occasions after heroic efforts over the years, most notably the demise of an entire Seer council and a Wraithlord in personal combat in a single battle in the five-year campaign against Eldar forces in the Jordinia System (which earned him the gift of his ornate double-handed battleaxe).
It was Ragnar himself who was finally able to convince Rroth to take on a position as one of his trusted lieutenants within the Company. An excellent pack leader and mentor, Rroth has been tasked with leading smaller forces comprising mostly of Blood Claws (alongside his old Grey Hunter pack led by his wolf-brother Haakon) to give the “young pups” valuable leadership as they take to the field of battle for the first times. Rroth's trademark powerfist and Huge Frost Axe mark him out on the field of battle where he leads his Blood Claws just "as Russ would – from the front!". Centuris of service have tempered his close combat skills to the point where he has eschewed the use of any ranged weaponry in favour of getting stuck in alongside his (relatively!) young wards.
Returning from the Yarran system after the detection and subsequent destruction of a Tyranid presence on a small Baron world, Rroth and his Force have been tasked with joining the forces now en-route to liberate the Forge-world of Antioch after their request to delay the return to the Fang was granted.

Space Marine Captain
Powerfist
Chainsword (Please count his Double-headed Frost Axe as a Chainsword as per the rules of this AOD? Closest thing to a Frostblade you have!)
Combat Shield
Frag+Krak Grenades
Special Skills: Chosen By Fate, Parry (Chainsword/Double-headed Frost Axe).

TOTAL: 110pts

Reason for edit: spelling skills of a small child!

+++ Mod Edit - Character added to submission summary post. Good to see the Space Wolves finally arrived. The El'Jonson contingent has been wondering if you were too hung over to make it. :blink: - Aurelius. +++

Edited by Aurelius Rex, 11 January 2007 - 09:06 PM.
Character submission logged.

QUOTE (Wolfside)

Brother Nihm

Brother Nihm

++ INTEMPESTA NOX ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 11,859 posts
CLASSIFICATION: TEAL/DELTA

DATE: 999.M41

AUTHOR: -Invalid security classification-

SUBJECT: N/A

RECIPIENT: Inquisitorial Representative, Senatorum Imperialis

Inquisitor,
It has come to my attention that the individual known only as the Butcher of Vogen, has been sighted near Antioc.

As you may be aware, The Butcher was first seen in 968.M41 at beginning of The Khai-zan Uprising.
It was during a local holiday that The Butcher and his Night Lords Traitor marines attacked the city of Vogen.
The deathtoll was in the excess of a hundred thousand souls.
After a year of fighting, the traitor marines and their lackeys were finally defeated by reinforcements, sent from our most glorious Emperor's Imperial Fists astartes chapter.

Since that time, The Butcher has been seen countless times on many battlefields.
Reports indicate that The Butcher always fights at the forefront of every battle. There are also many accounts that tell of an almost suicidal tendency on his part, to go up against overwhelming odds.
Based upon the poor mental condition of any survivors, I believe that wether any of it is or true not, it has yet to be determined.

And so my lord, the case of The Butcher of Vogen is incomplete. I understand that senior members of the Ordo Hereticus and the Ordo Malleus is hunting him because of his involvement at Vogen, and in this regard I have attached a pict file to this transmission; taken from a Servitor on Antioc.
The file confirms his current whereabouts.

Your obediant servant.

Steinberg.

Posted Image
(Unaltered image: here)

He knew that he was dreaming again, only this time it felt different.
Where the dreams normally made him relive the assault on Precinct 13, up to the point where he escaped from Vogen. This time he saw himself climbing the spires of Antioc, eyes full of rage, his gaze locked on the chemical laden sky.

He climbed for some time, and suddenly found himself walking in space. How that was possible he did not know but he, felt ground beneath his feet and looked down.
He was standing on the hull of the Seething Dark, his spaceship.

Silence.

A lance of pure darkness came out of the black and stabbed him through both of his hearts, plunging his senses into an ice cold vortex of confusion.

He was falling.

Monios woke with a start,
Taking stock of his immediate surroundings, he found himself walking alone inside one of the numerous factoria on Antioc.
He must have drifted into half-sleep on his way to the landing pad.

Haven taken a few steps, His augmented hearing picked out a sound amidst the rumble and roar of heavy machinery.
It was the distinctive whine of optical sensors trying to focus, his gaze snapped up towards the source of the sound.

There, on the walkway above him, he could see the hulking shape of a servitor and it was looking right at him.

Without thinking, he brought his Bolt Pistol out of it's holster and into his hand with a flourish.
Monios shot the machine slave in the torso, and smiled grimly as it plummeted into the depths of Antioc.

It would appear that the enemies of Tomax were making their move.

Monios drew Haud mortuus, his ancient power sword and could immediately feel it's overwhelming hunger.
He brought the sword up in front of his faceplate and gently tapped the blade with his gauntlet, assuring it with his heart and soul that it would drink deep of the blood of his enemies.

Soon..

-----------------------------
NAME: 
Lieutenant Monios of the Nightlords Legion, 3rd company - The Scourges of Quintus.
GAME MECHANICS
CODEX:
 C:CSM.
WEAPONS & EQUIPMENT:
Bionics
Bolt Pistol
Haud Mortuus (Power weapon, combined with Daemonic Strength this reflects a chaos touched power sword)
SPECIAL ABILITIES:
Daemonic resilience
Daemonic speed
Daemonic strength (Haud Mortuus)
Parry
- 108 pts.

+++ Mod Edit - Character added to submission summary post. - Aurelius. +++

Edited by Aurelius Rex, 12 January 2007 - 01:02 PM.
Submission accepted.

Posted Image
My Blog | My Gallery | Call of Chaos: IV, V

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
Tommorrow is the last day for submissions, so if you are still to enter, or are missing an element such as your picture or background then get moving!

If you have submitted a character, check your entry in the sumbission summary posts. Link to the loyalist one is here. And the Chaos one here.

Anything missing, wrong, changes or whatever, shout out here so I know to correct it. By the way, each character's name is a link to the original submission post to check on them. Any changes or updates should go your original post, but remember to flag it here with a new post so it doesn't get missed in the excitement.... I can't be searching through this whole thread for changes. ;)

On that note we currently have 9 completed chaos entries (and a couple of ones missing pics from The Count and Chaplain Anubis) with sixteen completed loyalists and a bunch waiting for pics or background to complete their submission.

With a maximum of 16 places in each team this means that we may be in a sutuation where the loyalists are oversubscribed with some disappointed, and the traitors are way outnumbered. If this turns out to be the case we may ask if any disappointed loyalists want to go turncoat and join Team Traitor, but I am hoping for a good showing from the Ruinous Powers in the last day. Look deep inside your heart and ask if you don't have just a bit of evil in your soul. :ph34r:

Aurelius
Hidden Content

Renik

Renik

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,606 posts
my pic is slighty better one my cam has started to behave now and valefor is staying as he is dont have decent shield to use.

+++ Mod Edit - Understood. Submission summary updated. - Aurelius +++

Edited by Aurelius Rex, 12 January 2007 - 01:05 PM.
Character listing updated.

TheDarkApostle

TheDarkApostle

++ EXAUGURO OCULUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,145 posts
Deux Iblis looked out over the command bridge of the Dark Thorn. The Slaughterer classed Cruiser had been given to him as he had been elevated above all other by his Lord and Master the Dark Apostle Victarious. The very same Dark Apostle which had given him this specific mission of utter importance. The Dark Apostle had told that the great Gods had granted him a vision of the future. They were to go to Antioc, where the Warmaster called Thomax Hell resided and strike an alliance with him. Iblis could feel that his Master had sounded very eccentric about it, as always when a bloodbath was drawing near. Iblis was to make first contact with the Warmaster while the rest of the Dark Host was heading their way. Iblis knew that failure was not to be an option. He raised as one of the servitors rose and told that they would reach their destination within circa 24 standard terran hours and Iblis let out a smile.

Posted Image

First Lieutenant Deux Iblis of the Chaotica Tyrannus.

Lieutenant,
Power Sword, Bolter,
Bionics, Frag and Krak Grenades,
Daemonic Aura, Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Resilience,

109 points total

Will get the picture up by tomorrow before the Dead-line, I swear to the Chaos Gods that it will happen!

+++ Mod Edit - Added to submission summary post. Given the Dark Apostle reference is your character from the Word Bearers? - Aurelius.+++

EDIT: Aye, He's from the Word Bearers <_< Added pic too.

Edited by TheDarkApostle, 12 January 2007 - 07:41 PM.
Character listing updated.

the-betrayer

the-betrayer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 453 posts
Added Terminator honours and pics onto my original post, so everything should be sorted now.

+++ Mod Edit - The pic links don't seem to work. You will probably have to post them as images instead, (there should be an img tag option under your pictures you can copy straight into the post) or maybe make your gallery open to anyone? It may be set to 'private' at the moment. - Aurelius.+++

Edited by Aurelius Rex, 11 January 2007 - 11:09 PM.
Answering question.

"you hear about that space marine version of 300? yeah, its called 3"

"He who stands with me, shall be my brother"

"If the journy isn't hard, then the destination is worthless"

Nightrunner

Nightrunner

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 820 posts

+++ Mod Edit - Character added to submission summary post. Good to see the Space Wolves finally arrived. The El'Jonson contingent has been wondering if you were too hung over to make it. <_< - Aurelius. +++

Indeed, Aurelius, you can be sure to tell the El'Johnson boys that the Wolves will be there on Antioc to show them how we drink down at the fang....once all the dust has settled! ;) :evil: ^_^

Lets kill some Traitors boys..................
QUOTE (Wolfside)

Brother Khine

Brother Khine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 327 posts
Lieutenant Croix (link to picture here)

+++
Lieutenant Croix watched the sky above, letting the humming and whirring of his extensive bionics fill his mind.

To a Corsair like him, it did not feel right to be planet bound. Where was the thrill? The next ship to be boarded and crew to be decimated? He smiled faintly under the tusked visage of his helmet, thinking fondly of the many violent and bountiful raids he had the pleasure to be part of. For the privilege of being one of the Blackheart’s Own, it had cost him literally an arm and a leg, two legs at that! A butchers bill, to be sure, but one that would have been paid again in a beat of his hearts.

He was fortunate, and he was strong. Many a weaker-willed Corsair had died of wounds less than the numerous ones he had sustained, and even more not too long ago during the Legio Raid. His grin went of a bristling scowl of anger. The Legio, all because of them his beloved Corsairs had been depleted so. And due to them the Corsairs were believed weak, soft; looked down upon by the others on Antioc. Completely unacceptable.

Whatever the cost he would prove that the Red Corsairs were not weak; to the Warmaster, to the Legio, to any who go in his way.

+++

Lieutenant Croix; Red Corsair from the Silver Skulls. (109 Points)
Bolt Pistol, Chainsword, Frags, Bionics, Spiky Bits, Parry, Pure Determination(Chosen by Fate), D. Strength, D.Resilience

(Image added, sorry about the poor quality of the model. The remains of my former AoD combatant were cannibalized for this production, and it shows.)

+++ Mod Edit - Character added to submission summary. - Aurelius. +++

Edited by Aurelius Rex, 13 January 2007 - 04:01 PM.
Character listing updated and picture noted.

I'm cool now.

Plague BeAst

Plague BeAst

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts
Ok, I now have a "tournament legal, tabletop" paintjob, but it looks like the only camera I can blag is on a mobile phone. I'll put it up as a placeholder, with better pics coming after the weekend (hopefully)

+++ Mod Edit - Updated. - Aurelius. +++

Edited by Aurelius Rex, 12 January 2007 - 10:46 PM.
Confirming changes

Teufelskerl

Teufelskerl

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 380 posts
Sister Betiand Veronika knelt in supplication before the small altar in her dark, spartan room. She had grown used to the almost inaudible thrum of the massive battleship long ago, now it provided an unconscious rhythm for her prayer to the Emperor.

In all of her long years of service in the Order of the Sacred Rose, her hate for the enemies of the Empire had never diminished, it had remained a white hot core of fire in her chest. She had seen the inhumanity of the Tyranids, fought against the callous brutality of the Orks, and brought righteous retribution to the rogue psyker and witch. However, of all the enemies of her Emperor, her hate burned brightest for those whom had known the benevolence of the Emperor and rejected it.

When the request had come to her convent to assist in freeing the Forgeworld of Antioc from the pestilence of the warp-turned enemy, she had immediately claimed the right to lead the Mission. Her Sisters had made no argument to deny her, the only discussion had been of how many Sisters could be spared to face this blight.

Her lips moved silently as she gazed upon the small icon of the Emperor on the altar. It showed the Emperor smiting the Enemy as he brought His Light to the faithful during the Crusade. She had never learned how old the small painting was, but she could tell it had been crafted by a loving, faithful hand. She longed to be by His Side, bringing both salvation and destruction. She prayed that He would find her worthy now, would hold her in the halo of His righteousness, and that she would be able to show the Enemy the sin of their faithlessness.

She would make sure they gave penance with their last breath.

Posted Image

Mini about 95% done, I still need to finish the face and hair, and I would like to do some more highlighting/washes to help pull out the detail. However, I wanted to ensure I would get this submitted in time, so here she is.

Canoness Betiand Veronika  (Total Points - 110)Blessed WeaponInferno PistolCloak of Saint Aspira

Frederich

+++ Mod Edit - Character added, and very nice it is to see the Sororitas joining the crusade. - Aurelius. +++

Edited by Aurelius Rex, 12 January 2007 - 11:03 PM.
Character submission logged.

GuyKeefer

GuyKeefer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 265 posts
If need be, I will volunteer to go over to Chaos to even up the numbers. While my character isn't exactly about destroying the Imperium, his ways of doing things has branded him a Radical, so the Imperium would obviously be out to kill him too. Just food for thought in case Chaos does not have the bum rush of entries as expected.

-GuyKeefer

+++ Mod Edit - Thanks for the offer. :) This has been noted in your submission summary post. +++

Edited by Aurelius Rex, 12 January 2007 - 11:07 PM.
Confirming changes

TheDarkApostle

TheDarkApostle

++ EXAUGURO OCULUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 3,145 posts
Added the pic of my Character to my earlier post as well as an answer to Aurelius :) , I'm now fully ready for the bloodbath which will come :)

Chaptermaster Graymantle

Chaptermaster Graymantle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,139 posts
Well, as promised I have now updated the Rear Left image in my Character entry to properly reflect the addition of his purity seal and Auspex.
Now also sporing a gristly, bloody, chaotic background. - Yet another of the beautiful, relaxing places Ferrum has visited in the service of the Legio, I'm sure. :)
Posted Image

New-GA-hotlink-banner-190511.jpg

Tubal

Tubal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,171 posts
Added fluff, finally! :)
Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.

Honda

Honda

++ HOSTICUS PLAUSTRUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,549 posts
I updated my fluff to provide a reason for Qin to be on this endeavor.

Cheers,
Posted Image

"All those rumors about us being intolerant and stubborn really just evolved from our history. We're actually just a fun bunch of guys who enjoy burning witches" - Anon

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
OK, this is the last gasp chance for submissions and final changes... It is still the 12th somewhere in the world, but by twelve noon tomorrow GMT that will be it.

Things are potentially looking a lot more even for the groups with a few more chaos submissions and a couple of gallant loyalists offering to join Team Chaos. Many thanks for the offer to GuyKeefer on this. Unfortunately I had to mass-delete my in-box as it was near full of Antioc correspondence and I deleted the pm from the other person offering to swap sides, so could they re-identify themselves? :ph34r:

There has been a lot of very interesting background generated by these characters, and it is good to see the effort being put into this competition. Below is the super-summarised version of the character submissions, showing at a glance if you are still missing anything like pics or background:

Loyalist character submissions

The following members have completed entries -

Agnes
Sigismund Himself
Luku
The-betrayer
Honda
GuyKeefer - (Has offered to join chaos side if required.)
Imperial Cannon Fodder
Grimdarkness
==Me==
BrotherCaptainAchilles
Thestroh
Buzz navy
Chaptermaster Greymantle
Hasoroth
Tubal
Captain Arakis
Nightrunner
Teufelskerl

The following members submissions are incomplete -

Abael - Picture submitted, awaiting background.
Velict - Background submitted, awaiting picture.
Brother Westers - Background submitted, awaiting picture. Your character is 16 points over-cost.
Mega marines - Background submitted, awaiting picture. Your character is 30 points over-cost.

Chaos Competitor Section:

The following members have completed entries -

Apemantus
Lord Humongous
Yogi
Panzersmurf
kaewt
Perry
Plague Beast
Aarhus
Renik
Brother Nihm
TheDarkApostle
Razious

The following members submissions are incomplete -

The Count - Background submitted, awaiting picture.
Chaplain Anubis - Background submitted, awaiting picture.
Brother Khine - Background submitted, awaiting picture.
Hidden Content