I want to further my fluff knowledge

TheGerman

I've been playing for a long time now and I was wondering where I can read all the development in the 40k story universe. So far all I know is things I've read in the codex's. Can anyone point me in the right direction to read all the fluff? (preferably a website) thanks for reading ;)

http://www.lexicanum.com/ has been my one stop source for warhammer fluff.

Beware of Lexicanum; it's a fan site so unless something has a source attached, take it with a pinch of salt until you know otherwise.

That isn't to say it's useless, just that sometimes overzealous fans confuse fact with theory.

Best way: Buy up all the books and Codices you can manage/afford - Ebay is good for cheapies - and read until your eyes bleed, because even the old Codices contain some relevant info.

^ agree.

Realm of Chaos and Slaves to Darkness (and most importantly) Rogue Trader (not the new RPG, but the book from the late 80's, early 90's) has heaps upon heaps of lore, some of it has been changed over the years but most of it still applies. They are good for a long and interesting read if you can get your hands on them.

Archived