Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Emperor vs Horus

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

TyrantKaiser

TyrantKaiser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 173 posts
I see your point. I think the reason I don't really enjoy the Sanguinius battle so much is because Sanguinius dies such a brutal, ignoble death. I guess I always thought he deserved a much more... Romantic? death. Like just stabs and gashes, before being beheaded. But that's just my personal preference, I guess.

Anyways, I agree he is my favorite. Though Russ comes in at a close second for beating the Emperor at a drinking contest. If only Horus had decided for a drinking death-match with Russ to decide who rules Man... Sanguinius is just a huge allusion to Christ. That's probably why we like him so much.
QUOTE (WarriorFish @ Jun 16 2008, 06:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After all, "in the grim darkness of the far future there is only war... but it's ok we're winning" isn't quite as gothic, is it? :P

Angelwinged

Angelwinged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts
I think there is something romantic about fighting a hopeless fight despite horrific injury and suffering. Try playing some moving music in the background when you read it :angry:

A good Battle of Terra song is "Apocalypse please" by the Muse.
A good song for storming Horus' ship might be "Charging Fort Wagner" by the Boys Choir of Harlem (from the movie soundtrack for Glory)
I cant think of a great song for Sanguinus and Horus though...something with violins for sure though :)

Sons of Horus

Sons of Horus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,081 posts
well i too like sanguinius a lot, in fact he is my second favorite primarch. but the way you wrote the battle between Horus and sanguinius makes perfect sense. sanguinius had no chance at all, he was even lucky enough to dent Horus' armour. i agree that he was the most virtuous primarch. if only they didn't kill him, but then again thats why i like him even more. his sacrifice helped somewhat in Horus' downfall.

Kill for the living! Kill for the dead!

Angelwinged

Angelwinged

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 105 posts
Shameless bump.