North Carolina, USA

BrotherAtrox

I live just outside Clayton, but I wanted to post about The Game Connection.

The Game Connection is in Knightdale, NC (www.thegameconnection.com). It stocks GW product as well as other miniatures and historicals, baord games, puzzles, kid games and learning toys for kids. They also stock a wide array of rule sets. The store is located on Knightdale Blvd just off I-540. There is a ton of different food options there (including an Arby's right next door).

Starting after the first of the year they will be running a challenge leage for WH40k and WHFB.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I believe The Castle in Greensboro is gone.. and if it's not, someone please tell me where it is now and a phone number. I've become very frustrated with the lack of options in game stores in the area. HobbyTown is now starting to stock more 40k stuff and seem to be building a crowd and interest. Too bad they don't have much room for game tables..

I have just gotten into 40k gaming over the last 6 months or so. I live near the Greensboro/Burlington area and get most of my supplies and models from Hobbytown in Greensboro. I'm having trouble finding people in the area who share similar interests with collecting and gaming.........so let me know if you're out there lol. I recently started collecting Ultramarines 5th company and am in the process of putting that army together. Edited by Brother Madon

• 4 weeks later...
In Asheville at Pastimes there is a quality group of guys, some new, some old. They meet on Saturday afternoon for 40K and Sunday for Fantasy, I think. I'm trying to get an old schooler to unpack models and blow the dust off his Ultramarines. The sad thing is now I'm painting models to give away and not for my army. Such is life.

Hi guys, I'm from Marion (mid-way between Asheville and Hickory) ... anyone near to play?

I've been to Pastimes but not recently, I'll have to head back and check them out again.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Last time I was in Greenville the Game Shack had moved to a new location on Dickinson Ave, almost right across the street from the comic shop. You'd drive right by it if you didn't know it, so best to look at their site (or even I think MySpace page) for directions. ;)

Well, if anyone is near the Jacksonville area (Wilmington is about an hour and a half away, Raleigh is two hours, and Fayetteville and Greenville an hour to an hour and a half) we've got a game store called The Hobby Chest down here. Tonnes of 40k and Fantasy. Four gaming tables and painting room in the back. It's small, but the people are cool ;) Dunno if it's worth the drive for you guys, but if you've nowhere else to go... ;)

Cheers,

-Kal

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone in the area, come on out for the second area (non-official) Games Day Saturday Nov 14th!

Site: 600 N Scientific St, High Point, NC

Parking will be to the right side- from Pump Station Rd

It's right by City Lake Park in Jamestown.

We will be hosting our 2nd Annual Games Day at the Cage in High Point on

November 14. This will be from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm. Yep, 12 hours of anything

GW.

We will have 40k, Fantasy, Aeronautica Imperialis, Mordheim, Blood Bowl,

Battlefleet Gothic, Apocalypse, Space Hulk, and just about anything else you can

think of GW. We will have open gaming, demos, mass battles, and a Carnage

Tourney.

Entry into the Games Day itself is 2 canned food items to be given to a local

food bank. The Carnage tourney is for the first 16 players interested and will

cost $10. Proceeds after a few prizes will be donated to the food bank too.

The Carnage tourney is as follows:

16 players

$10 entry

1000 points of 40K, must be a legal army, no FW.

Round 1 will have 4 tables of 4 players. Winner of each table moves to round 2.

Winner of round 2 is the Carnage Champion.

Let me know if you are interested in playing in the tourney. I will need your

army list before the tourney. I already have 1 signed up.

Remember, this whole day is for a great cause. Last year we had 52 come out and

donate 104 canned food items. Let's have an even bigger turnout this year.

Thanks

Bobby

Hope to see you there!

Jim

I'm in Raliegh. My local gaming store is gone now. Anyone know where to play?

Just moved here, and I'm in the process of starting my first army. Living in the Durham/Raleigh area if anyone knows of a good hobby store, or gamers.

I haven't been out there lately, but Sci-Fi Genre in Durham is a good store with some good folks who play regularly.

Sci-Fi Genre

Edited by sonsoftaurus

• 1 month later...
Anyone in the area, come on out for the second area (non-official) Games Day Saturday Nov 14th!

Site: 600 N Scientific St, High Point, NC

Parking will be to the right side- from Pump Station Rd

It's right by City Lake Park in Jamestown.

We will be hosting our 2nd Annual Games Day at the Cage in High Point on

November 14. This will be from 9:00 am until 9:00 pm. Yep, 12 hours of anything

GW.

We will have 40k, Fantasy, Aeronautica Imperialis, Mordheim, Blood Bowl,

Battlefleet Gothic, Apocalypse, Space Hulk, and just about anything else you can

think of GW. We will have open gaming, demos, mass battles, and a Carnage

Tourney.

Entry into the Games Day itself is 2 canned food items to be given to a local

food bank. The Carnage tourney is for the first 16 players interested and will

cost $10. Proceeds after a few prizes will be donated to the food bank too.

The Carnage tourney is as follows:

16 players

$10 entry

1000 points of 40K, must be a legal army, no FW.

Round 1 will have 4 tables of 4 players. Winner of each table moves to round 2.

Winner of round 2 is the Carnage Champion.

Let me know if you are interested in playing in the tourney. I will need your

BLAST! i wouldve headed that way if i had kept checking this thread :lol: Oh wells. ya I've shopped at Hobby Chest before, neat lil store. Will definately have to play there some time.

army list before the tourney. I already have 1 signed up.

Remember, this whole day is for a great cause. Last year we had 52 come out and

donate 104 canned food items. Let's have an even bigger turnout this year.

Thanks

Bobby

Hope to see you there!

Jim

I'm in Raliegh. My local gaming store is gone now. Anyone know where to play?

Just moved here, and I'm in the process of starting my first army. Living in the Durham/Raleigh area if anyone knows of a good hobby store, or gamers.

I haven't been out there lately, but Sci-Fi Genre in Durham is a good store with some good folks who play regularly.

Sci-Fi Genre

• 3 weeks later...
Im from Charlotte but live in Chapel Hill right now...needless to say it broke my heart when the GW at concord mills closed down a few years back. there is a hobbytown usa in charlotte (pretty far out, off of wt harris blvd) that carried a good amount of stuff last time i bought stuff back home about 2-3 years ago.

• 1 month later...

Hello fellow North Carolinians,

I come to you from WCU, but I live in Marion. I'd like to extend the invitation to all around the Asheville area or so to head over to Hillside Games on Tunnel Road.

156 Tunnel Rd

Suite 1

Asheville

NC

US

They have a friendly atmosphere and typically hold tournies on Sundays. Though I'm sure if a bigger presence opened up Tournies would be held more often. And I'm fairly sure that if tables are open free-gaming is allowed throughout the week. They have fairly lengthy hours as well.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello fellow North Carolinians,

I come to you from WCU, but I live in Marion. I'd like to extend the invitation to all around the Asheville area or so to head over to Hillside Games on Tunnel Road.

156 Tunnel Rd

Suite 1

Asheville

NC

US

They have a friendly atmosphere and typically hold tournies on Sundays. Though I'm sure if a bigger presence opened up Tournies would be held more often. And I'm fairly sure that if tables are open free-gaming is allowed throughout the week. They have fairly lengthy hours as well.

I'm from Marion too, finally glad to see someone close. Contact me please.

Hello.

Many of you may know me, The Normish.

I will be attending College at Elon University this fall (if all goes as planned), and was wondering if any one else will be attending it as well or is currently.

Either that, or is anyone knowing of good gaming centers near the University?

Regards,

The Normish

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I am going to be living in Chapel Hill for the fall and I'm trying to figure out if there is any place to play nearby...wondering if it's worth bringing a 2k army worth of models + my toolbox with paints and supplies with me for the semester.

• 2 weeks later...