Michigan, USA

Allerka

Hey hey hi, i'm looking trying to help a freind find a gaming group somewhere near Utica Mi. i was hopin y'all could help. thanks a million :D

• 2 months later...

I am in Roseville MI and the closest GW store to me is the store at Hampton Village in Rochester Hills. Just a little too far for my tastes.

Does anyone know of any gaming stores closer to the Macomb County area of Michigan that holds games or events? Or possibly a gaming group or something like that?

• 5 months later...

I am in Roseville MI and the closest GW store to me is the store at Hampton Village in Rochester Hills. Just a little too far for my tastes.

Does anyone know of any gaming stores closer to the Macomb County area of Michigan that holds games or events? Or possibly a gaming group or something like that?

I see you posted this in June.  There are two stores you should look at, one is very close to you.  In St. Clair Shore is "Stay & Play Hobbies and Games" on Harper.  We have a group that meets there to play WH40K.   There is also "Gamers Gauntlet" on Hall Rd.

• 1 month later...

Hey, I am going to be moving back to Michigan soon and will be staying in Saugatuck for a few months until we find a more permanent location to live at. Are there any gaming groups nearby, possibly in Holland? I saw the only hobby store nearby is in Holland but it seems to be more focused on model planes and trains.

• 3 months later...

The first of our 3 battle Waaagh Apoc game is this Saturday at Grandiosity in Norton Shores. 600+ Ork infantry and 140+ Ork vehicles all painted on a 6' x 28' terrained table facing off SM/IG/SoB Imperial force. Anyone wishing to come see  is welcome. If you have any painted IG or Orks, you are welcome to join in the fun.

CG

• 4 months later...

There is a local group in Battle Creek and surrounding areas called Cereal Gamers and they have a Facebook page with the same name they use for setting up games and organizing events.

There are currently two stores (was three a short while ago) in Battle Creek with GW products and lots of local gamers. Burdette's Comics on Columbis Ave has the official GW dealership in town, the other store in town has been bringing in the product from their other store way over in Fenton to bypass the five mile restriction, meh, not illegal but unethical imho.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All. i will be moving to Rochester Hills in early April and was looking for a few communities to explore so I can meet fellow gamers etc. I am aware there is an actual GW store in town (I'm currently in MA and there haven't been any out here for a while) but beyond that what are my options. I currently play 40k and am going to be collecting a horus Heresy army in the current months. Thank you.

David

• 2 months later...

Bump time. Anyone know of any stores or players in the Kalamazoo area?

There are a ton of great people playing Warhammer in the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek region, and we meet at Chronocade in Richland (Gull Lake area). The shop owners play the game, are incredibly personable and are very professional about stock, pricing and events.

PLEASE join us on Wednesdays 12 noon until 9-10 pm. You are very welcome!

Edited by Boudan

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone out there in West Michigan who likes the 40k universe but does not like the 40k rules want to try something different? I live in Caledonia, have Orks, IG and AdMech but don't like the tourney system and the rules, looking for a like mind or two.

CG

• 1 year later...

Detroit metro Area, GW Hampton Villiage

The Hampton Village 30k Escalation League is underway! 

As we know most gamers HATE to read instructions when it comes to events but YOU MUST READ THESE AND UNDERSTAND THEM TO PARTICIPATE!
If you do not it may preclude you from participating.

If you have questions afterwards, please ask a Commissioner.

Point of Contact: John Rhodes
JRhodes08@aol.com
herb_harris@yahoo.com

What you need to do:

Pick an Army/Legion/Faction (Traitor or Loyalist)
Start painting in preparation for the schedule listed below!

Want to play, but don't have an army?
That’s an easy thing to fix. If you are interested in playing in the league, but have yet to start a heresy era army, then buying a Betrayal at Calth starter set is the best place to start!  
Being that it is an all plastic kit, you are open to all kinds of conversion work, to make your legion of choice, truly yours. It also was made to go along with Forge Worlds legion upgrade kits. 

How does it work?
The Hampton Village 30k Escalation League will be broken into Five Phases and one bonus phase.

The primary purpose of the league is to have fun while providing a structured approach for your purchases, assembly and painting of your Horus Heresy armies! If you have been on the fence about starting a Horus Heresy army - this is the time to start.

Note: As this is a league that is trying to embrace the narrative of the Horus Heresy and the bloodshed that was caused because of it, we ask that your armies be fluffy in the sense that they would have a strong background. 

The official events and narrative follow the requirements:

Only painted models and terrain on the tables. (3 color minimum, bases completed)
Good sportsmanship with a narrative focus.

In addition, it should be noted that models for the Horus Heresy SHOULD be era-appropriate where such options exist. The ENTIRE point of Horus Heresy gaming is to embrace the narrative of the war as it raged across the galaxy. Players participating in the Escalation League should consider these factors when deciding whether to get involved or not. If any question exists regarding whether a model is appropriate or not, it will be decided by the Escalation League Commissioner.

Note: This means that models such as a Whirlwind cannot be used as a whirlwind scorpius, as the standard pattern whirlwind exists in the 30k game and this would lead to confusion when playing. If you are unsure about a specific model, please ask the Escalation League Commissioner. 

Be aware that units in Horus Heresy Gaming (30k) are typically much more expensive in points than their counterparts in Warhammer 40k. Painting 150+ points is about the cost of a basic 10 man Tactical Marine squad with a transport. So getting to these higher point values is not nearly as daunting as it looks. The hardest part is picking a faction/legion and a paint scheme!

The Narrative Games will focus almost entirely on the Traitor vs Loyalist dynamic, with perhaps Mechanicum/Solar Auxillia potentially playing for the opposite side to balance out number of players. More information on this narrative is coming soon...

Legions
As this escalation league is based on the Horus Heresy, the choice for legions is very specific (as the legions have yet to be broken apart). 

What this means is that the legion you pick MUST be on of the original 18.

Shattered legions will be allowed, but only after Phase 2, not before. 

Black shields lists are allowed, and they can decide what side of the war they are going to fight on. 

Unbound armies are not made for the Horus Heresy game, they are not allowed.

Victory
Points for the league will be determined at the end of each phase of the league. There will be points rewarded for games won, painting, etc.

The side with the most points at the end of the league, wins.  

The Escalation Phases:
As mentioned earlier, the Escalation League will take place over several phases. There are certain restrictions in each phase which may preclude you from including certain models. So please read the below carefully when deciding which models you want to work on first.

Phase One: (Infiltration)
Points Value: 750 Points; Must be completed by _____________________  
Missions: Standard 30k Games (Smaller table)
Restrictions: No Primarchs, No Super Heavies, No Vehicles

Phase Two: (Invasion) 
Points Value: 1000 Points; Must be completed by __________________
Missions: Standard 30k Games (Smaller Table), Team Games
Restrictions: No Primarchs, No Super Heavies, No Vehicles

Phase Three: (Beachhead)
Points Value: 1500 Points; Must be completed by _________________ 
Missions: Standard 30k Games, Team Games
Restrictions: No Primarchs, No Super Heavies 

Phase Four: (Direct Action)
Points Value: 2000 Points; Must be complete by ___________________ 
Restrictions: No Super Heavies

Phase Five: (Seize the Prize)
Points Value: 2500 Points; Must be completed by __________________
Restrictions: None

Bonus Phase: (Apocalypse!)
Points Value: 3500 Points
Missions: Standard 30k Games, Team Games, Apocalypse sized Team Game.
Restrictions: None! This is what the Heresy is all about!! 

Name Army Type Legion Allegiance Phone Number Email Address

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Just getting started building/painting a Blood Angels army and hoping to play some games.  Anyone around the Mt Pleasant area?

Last Life Games in Clare sells Warhammer.  I haven't been there for a couple of years.  I think they still have people showing up and playing.  It's only about a half hour from Mt. Pleasant.

• 1 year later...
Has anyone on here been to the GW in Ann Arbor? Years ago I went to the one in Novi (first in the mall then across the street) and after they closed just random FLGS in Fenton, Howell, Fowlerville area and such. The only GW I've been since Novi is the Rochester one which is nice. But Ann Arbor is a bit closer for me.

• 10 months later...
Hey, new game store just opened up in Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor, run by the guy who does Golden Rhino/Celestial Hammer tournies in Michigan. He's an amazing guy, and the store has a cool system, and once Covid is over, even more cool stuff. It's Golden Rhino Games! Once games open up there, anyone wanna play?

They have a membership program, with different tiers that give you different things.

Bronzed Rhinos:

Day before "Early Access" to store sales throughout the year!

FREE Store Army rentals "Try before you buy!" (Normally a $5 fee)

FREE entrance to Barter Town monthly swap meets. (Normally a $5 entrance fee)

Access to store lockers for your personal belongings.

Silver Plated Rhinos (all of Bronze level plus):

Call Ahead Game Table reservations (24 hour minimum notice)

FREE access to monthly painting classes (Normally a $10 entrance fee)

Golden Rhinos (all of Bronze and Silver levels plus):

1 FREE drink per day when playing games at the store!

Discounts on in store model kits and accessories up to 15% off

Early access to all Major events and monthly store tournaments by 1 week minimum!

Plus much much more!

And it is being updated as it goes, the store opening during Covid has prevented in store play and a lot of the other stuff he has planned. He has gorgeous handmade playing tables, carries tons of options for games and paints, and is going to have the army rental system. Not sure what the future will bring and he plans to do store based sales instead of flat discounts for now at least.

It's a monthly sub, currently 10$ for Bronze, 20$ for Silver, 30$ for Gold. His painting classes will be worth the Silver level alone once we can do those too. He's got a website that you can order from, or the GRG facebook has some pictures of the store being built and the tables.