Ontario, Canada

I am Legion

Hello http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/c944477abc92c1c101da485e07ff06d8.gif 

I'm a representative from the Comic Pile. We are a brand new comic store in Toronto. We are located in kensington market. 

We are currently looking to expand our gaming section. We have an open schedule and are looking for new players, for everything from Heroclix to fantasy flight(Starwars AttackWing ), 40k, dungeons and dragons, magic and so on. 

If you have a gaming group interested in playing a table top game, and need somewhere to play. Please send me a pm and we can attempt to arrange a weekly day for your group. 

We are currently running a HeroClix event tomorrow. And a star trek hero clix on Sunday with the chance of winning a prize. 

https://www.facebook.com/events/1446252042268847/?ref=5 

https://www.facebook.com/events/493875014053340/?ref=5 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rumble in the North - November 23rd, 2014 - Sudbury, ON

Hey everyone! Just wanted to get the word out that the Rumble in the North team is putting on another 40k extravaganza! This is our third event in the Nothern Ontario region and are excited to announce our Warhammer 40,000 Doubles Tournament!

We're a small group of gentlemen (3-4 of us) who are driven on putting the gaming community first and strive to put forward 40k events that everyone will enjoy and go home saying, "That was a blast!". We really focus on the social and community aspect as well as the love of the game!

Take the time to view our website and like us on facebook to get updates about the event! If you're wanting to participate - simply go out or website and follow the registration tab! All details are on the webpage!

Rumble in the North webpage: http://www.rumbleinthenorth.com

Rumble in the North Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RumbleintheNorth

http://i.imgur.com/uRQalyq.png

• 1 month later...

Theres a FLG at Spadina?!? My half-brother lives there and knows the area well enough. Next time I visit him I'll see if I can come down since I'm in Quebec :P

Rumble in the North - November 23rd, 2014 - Sudbury, ON

Hey everyone! Just wanted to get the word out that the Rumble in the North team is putting on another 40k extravaganza! This is our third event in the Nothern Ontario region and are excited to announce our Warhammer 40,000 Doubles Tournament!

We're a small group of gentlemen (3-4 of us) who are driven on putting the gaming community first and strive to put forward 40k events that everyone will enjoy and go home saying, "That was a blast!". We really focus on the social and community aspect as well as the love of the game!

Take the time to view our website and like us on facebook to get updates about the event! If you're wanting to participate - simply go out or website and follow the registration tab! All details are on the webpage!

Rumble in the North webpage: http://www.rumbleinthenorth.com

Rumble in the North Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RumbleintheNorth

http://i.imgur.com/uRQalyq.png

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to drop an update (doesn't seem like many check the Ontario section though :sad.:) and post some video's from our event yesterday! And what a day it was! A lot of applicants from all over Northern Ontario and what an amazing group of guys they turned out to be! 

Oh! And don't forget to check out our Rumble in the North: Spring 2015 Teaser Announcement:

• 9 months later...

Looking for Players from the Eastern Toronto/Durham Region area.

Hey Guys, I've been playing 30K since shortly after the release of the first Forge World book - Betrayal and haven't been able to put it down. The only encumbrance to further involvement is the lack of players in in my area. I have a few guys from my gaming group who play totalling 8-10. Most of which are in and out of the area and so don't get games in often.

The purpose for this posting is an attempt to get some more folks communicating from within a reasonable distance to participate in one off games and organized events specific to 30K.

PM me if you have any interest in trying out 30K or would like to get in a game!

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

I actually started playing nearly 20 years ago.  I had a small force of Dwarves for Fantasy, but hated the playstyle, so switched to Dark Elves.  I built up a decent chunk of Dark Elves (all metal other than the basic spearmen and crossbowmen) and later Tyranids when they had a chunk of plastic kits released. 

During a move all of my finished models were in a big carrying case that was accidentally dropped down a flight of stairs, and I basically haven't looked at them since, because I know a bunch of them were horribly damaged from that.....  I had a bunch of unbuilt Tyranids still, and bought some more to start to re-build that army, but haven't done much with it yet.  I also started a Warriors of Chaos army for Fantasy that I spent a bunch of time converting, but it's far from finished.  I recently picked up some used smurfs and an airgun and compressor kit, and I plan on turning them into a Blood Angels army.  I spent some time searching which smurf faction suited me best, and Blood Angels seemed to be the best fit.  I'm going to work on fixing up that army (it needs some TLC) and painting it before I jump back on my other armies.  I'm not planning on winning any awards with the paint job I'm going to give them, but I do want to make them presentable on the tabletop.  It's mostly for the experience with some newer painting techniques (contrast paints) as well as experience with the air gun, and I plan on trying some wet blending as well.  Maybe some freehanding?  I dunno yet.

Google led me to B&C looking up stuff for the Blood Angels, so here I am.  How is the Ottawa scene?  I know a couple of people who play, but nothing serious. 

That's such a shame! Your heart must have skipped a beat when it dropped.

Fantasy Dark Elves were my favourite faction, but I could never afford 40k and Fantasy when I was younger. Now, of course, it's AOS. I still have some of the old Battle for Skull Pass Dwarves and Goblins, and am thinking about getting back into Chaos in AOS - or plunging into Dark Elves with the Free Cities. The Blood Angels are an awesome faction, and their paint scheme is great. I have a bit of a backlog to work through but I'm hoping to start a force of them one day.

I've only started playing again in the past year, and then mostly just with some friends who have lots of models and a space in their basement. I've been meaning to check out some of the hobby stores and their gaming scene, but then COVID happened and that's been put on hold. I know I've seen a bit of traffic in FB groups about different Kill Team leagues and escalation leagues for 40k and AOS, but not for a while with COVID. If you're looking for the FB groups, I could pm the links to you? 

In terms of stores for kits and games, Fandom II downtown is a bit cramped but has lots of terrain in their basement. I haven't played games at Out of the Box Cards but they have a great selection of model kits, paints, and game accessories/supplies. I've also heard people talk about Red Dragon Comics, Cards, Games but I haven't been there yet. I also haven't been to the Games Workshop in Ottawa yet, but I imagine they're the standard store setup.

Red Dragon out in Orleans is awesome. Lots of gaming tables and a good selection of new and used models. Plus they did free delivery during COVID. I believe they are owned by same guys that run multi zone and FDB in Gatineau. If you haven’t been to FDB in Gatineau, make a trip. Great prices, they order any game you want and have a nice bright area for a gaming.

Good bunch of guys that run those places.

I've only started playing again in the past year, and then mostly just with some friends who have lots of models and a space in their basement. I've been meaning to check out some of the hobby stores and their gaming scene, but then COVID happened and that's been put on hold. I know I've seen a bit of traffic in FB groups about different Kill Team leagues and escalation leagues for 40k and AOS, but not for a while with COVID. If you're looking for the FB groups, I could pm the links to you? 

Sure, I'd definitely take a look at the FB groups.  Thanks!

COVID has messed up a lot of things, eh?  I'll have to check out Red Dragon as well.  I try to stay away from the dark side of the river, as the cops over there don't like tinted windows on cars.....  And, well, I've got tint.....

• 1 month later...