New York, USA

Aeson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New Rochelle, NY. Looking for something closer than Nanuet. Looking for a group that enjoys all aspects of the hobby.

@theredcorsair & @skipp: where do you guys play? would love to meet up!

Edited by Malleuss

Hey all. My brother and I live in Nassau (not too far from Hudson) and we're usually up for a game. We don't game in the local stores all that often as we both have kids and aren't all that able to pack up and get there.

+++Short suspense on a tournament down at ToyWiz in Nanuet:

WARHAMMER 40K

TOURNAMENT

October 10th there will be a 1500-point Warhammer 40K Tournament at 11:00 AM. (Be there by 10:30AM) All generals must bring 2 copies of their army list. There is no painting requirement for this Tournament. The tournament is 3 rounds. There is a $10 entry fee with pre-registration, and $15 without pre-registration. Prizes based on number of participants, and Pizza is provided after round 2 at $2.50 a slice.

Worth checking out if you've got the time. Some consternation on the tournament point level but it was designed to build upon an existing campaign. However, you don't have to participate in the campaign to play in the tournament. Expect to see some younger or newer players at this event instead of the grognards that are practicing their 'ard Boyz chops.

Martellus+++

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since I cannot seem to find the rules on Dragon's Den's facebook or webpage, I'll just put the rules right here from my hard copy.

Dragon's Den Fall Tournament for 2009

Intro

These are the current rules being used for the Dragon's Den 40K Fall Tournament for 2009. I would like to note that many of these rules have come from a well respected and very organized tournament, AdeptiCon and from a fanbase that maintains a cohesive FAQ for independent tournaments. All rules are subject to change as we find what works and Doesn't. A final version will be posted and available for all during registration of the tournament.

Schedule

Registration - open to 10:30 AM

Game 1 - 10:30 - 12:30 PM

Lunch and Paint judging - 12:30 - 1:30

Game 2 - 1:10 - 3:30

Break - 3:30 - 4:00

Game 3 - 4:00 - 6:00

Awards - 6:00 - 6:15

Open Play - as tables permit

Demo's - As tables and organizers permit (Space Hulk, Warhammer Fantasy, Warhammer 40K, Blood Bowl)

Apocalypse - As Tables Permit

Basic Rules

Armies will consist of 1750 points using a standard FOC

5th Edition rules will be used

the INAT FAQ will be used (updated 10.05.09)

Forge World/Imperial armor units are not allowed, however players may still use their Forge World models to represent a unit from their codex.

Individual units that may have multiple rules versions will follow the current version of the rules as specified in the specific Codex.

Special/Unique/Named Characters may be fielded, provided their individual rules allow them to be used in armies of 1750 or less.

The 'What You See Is What You Get' (WYSIWYG) rule is in effect. That means all unites must be easily identifiable as the particular codex choice they represent and that any and all weapons/options taken for a unit must be clearly represented on the models.

Two model proxy rule. This means you can proxy up to two models in your force for hard to convert or models that are not currently in production. They must be close in the depiction of the correct model and must be on the same size stand if normally on one.

You must provide access to your own rules (codex) dice, templates, pen/pencil, calculator, or anything else you'll need during the course of regular play.

A separate printed army list is required for the judges and each of your opponents.

In order to keep the tournament running on schedule, when time is called for a round, all players must drop the dice and stop playing - no exceptions.

Because of this, please be aware of the time left in the round and do not start a turn you cannot finish. a hard warning will be issued with 15 minutes remaining in the game. NO game turn shall be started after this warning is issued, period.

If illegal units or rules violations are found in a players list, at a minimum, the models in violation will be removed from all subsequent play. Tournament points may be deducted and award eligibility may be forfeited. Please ask and questions you or your club may have regarding rules issues or legal units in advance!

Tournament judges' rulings are final and arguments or poor conduct by players will not be tolerated. We are fallible and a 2 minute appeal will be granted up to 2 times during the tournament. We reserve the right to remove players from the tournament or the store itself with no refunds allowed.

Awards

Overall Winner - Total points. battle points then sportsmanship then appearance for tiebreakers.

Best General - Battle points. Sportsmanship for tiebreakers.

Best sportsman - Sportsmanship points. Battle points then Overall points for tiebreakers.

Best Appearance. Appearance points.

Scoring

Battle (75%): 144 total points, 48 points per round divided into Primary (20), Secondary (15), and tertiary (10) objectives with +3 battle point modifiers.

Sportsmanship (15%): 36 total points, player scored.

Appearance (10%): 40 total points, judge scored.

Player's choice voting

Players will have an opportunity to vote for the single army that best represents the 40K hobby. The winner is the army receiving the most votes. These points do not contribute to the overall champion points, only Player's Choice.

Address - Dragon's Den, Poughkeepsie Plaza, 2600 South Road (Route 9), Poughkeepsie, NY 12601

Phone - 845-471-1401

The tournament is being held on Saturday, November 28th.

Twin .44's personal note - Any Minor questions, please contact me and I will get back to you! I will be posting the entry fee at a later date (most likely $10) as I forgot to ask today. They are holding the tournament the day after Black Friday in order to gain interest in 40K (hence the demo's), so anybody nearby, please come along! The regulars are a great bunch of people who love to have some fun (including myself)! Hope to see many of you there!

• 3 weeks later...
Anything going down in the Buffalo/Niagara Falls regions?

I live in Buffalo and I know that they play on fri and sun at the Hobbytown USA on Sheridan drive. I am not sure what points they usually play or times they start at as I have never played there. The couple of guys I chatted to seemed nice though and sounded like most of the people were 40k players.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
As I've discussed on several other threads, my brother and I are opening a gaming club/store in East Greenbush (near Albany), NY. We'll be opening on May 1st and will be celebrating the open with a 40K tournament. There will be prizes and free food. I look forward to meeting a few of you that seem to be in the area. Hopefully we'll be able to put together a good gaming environment as I fear the hobby is dying in this area for want of proper support.

If anyone is around the Staten Island/Brooklyn area, Jim Hanley's Universe in Staten Island hosts Warhammer pretty much all day Saturday. Right now we're looking to build up a solid player base, but there are usually a few experienced players showing up each day.

Coming this August is RetCon, a new gaming convention taking place on Long Island.

Now, there was originally plans for a 40k tournament but due to lack of interest the idea has been put on hold. If you plan on attending RetCon, give them a shout through the Contact Us sidebar on the site!

I hope to see some fellow B&C members there.. I'll be attending whether there's a 40k tourney or not, as I'm also an RPG player.

Anyone around Middletown in Orange County? am from Sullivan County, but Middletown is a short drive from where I work

From middletown, it's about an hour to Poughkeepsie for the Dragon's Den, 54 minutes to nanuet for Toy Wiz. Poughkeepsie is closer to Sullivan county so you might wanna check out the stores and see what you prefer/time scheduling and stuff. Send me a PM if you have any questions about either place. Sorry there's nothing closer otherwise I would have been there already.

Anyone around Middletown in Orange County? am from Sullivan County, but Middletown is a short drive from where I work

From middletown, it's about an hour to Poughkeepsie for the Dragon's Den, 54 minutes to nanuet for Toy Wiz. Poughkeepsie is closer to Sullivan county so you might wanna check out the stores and see what you prefer/time scheduling and stuff. Send me a PM if you have any questions about either place. Sorry there's nothing closer otherwise I would have been there already.

actually, was hoping someone would be from middletown, as that's about an hour from my house, so poughkeepsie is about 2 hours, plus, I work nights, so I'm either sleeping, or at work for anything from 2PM to 7AM

Hopefully we'll be able to put together a good gaming environment as I fear the hobby is dying in this area for want of proper support.

For those of you in the area and are interested in Grimfoe's I just checked out the layout and it's going to be nice. Looks like there will be plenty of space for all involved.