Florida, USA

Allerka

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Looking to get back into the hobby for the first time since 2nd Ed. I spend my weekends in the Orlando area so I'd be willing to go to Sci-Fi City or Coliseum of Comics. Still working on my core army (about 1500 pts. so far SM/DA) and haven't played a game yet under the new rules but I'm looking forward to re-learning everything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I see a lot of Orlando area... Jacksonville anyone?

Sun Coast Comics and Borderlands Games are both popular spots.

I used to be at SCC every weekend, but as i live in fernandina beach (about a hour north...next to the georgia line) I limit my trips to the store.

WL Kieran

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used to be at SCC every weekend, but as i live in fernandina beach (about a hour north...next to the georgia line) I limit my trips to the store.

WL Kieran

I live only a couple of Minutes North of there in St. Marys GA. I might have bump into you when wardogs and sanctuary books was open. I hope to get more gaming soon As I live much closer to Jacksonville now. Do you post on karakgorbard forums?

• 3 months later...

WL Kieran

I live only a couple of Minutes North of there in St. Marys GA. I might have bump into you when wardogs and sanctuary books was open. I hope to get more gaming soon As I live much closer to Jacksonville now. Do you post on karakgorbard forums?

Hey, sorry for the long delay in replies, havent checked here in a bit...obviously.

and I do post on karak gorbad, under the very original handle of "kierancm". (sadly, i'm one of the moderators there as well. low standards and all...)

I am even sadder to report the closing of Sun Coast Comics in December, but the store location was bought and is being reopened as "FLGS". sadly, my few interactions with the new owners havent impressed me/been positive ones, and I decided to discontinue gaming there.

however, there is a few bright sides. I now live in Jacksonville, so can game there alot more. there is also a few newer shops in the area, such as the Phoenix Games of Jacksonville, Gamer Apocalypse is trying their hand at table top gaming, Borderlands is still going strong (as far as I am aware).

so shoot me a pm, and dont judge me by the noise on KG's flame wars section. or not too much :)

WL Kieran

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Hello gamers, trying to find out how many people are gamers in or near my area. There is a local gaming store here but based on how many models are being bought and not ever seeing that many people at the store I'm thinking there has to be more somewhere. Soo where you guys at and where do you play?

• 1 month later...

Serenity Games in St Petersburg Florida is starting up 40k events every other Saturday.

They are trying to make it accessable for newcomers and also experienced players. (I have only been to one demo so far but am now hooked.)

They are are on Central ave in St Pete near 66th st in St Petersburg, great place and very laid back and put things on their facebook and meetup.com.

There is a 600pt event today at 2pm which will be the first.

(Not sure if allowed to post links here)

Another event tomorrow 10/12/13 at Serenity Games.

750 pt with the rules

Entry fee - $5

750 Point force

Standard squad organization with the following exceptions:

1) no special/unique named HQ SLOT characters are allowed

2) No allies

3) All armies have the same warlord trait: Inspiring Presence

At least 2 rounds of pool play: Top 4 payers will form 2 teams and fight it out for the title!  Prizes for top team.

Players must bring 2 legible, easy to understand copies of their army list

Edited by Bloodgrin

• 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

So I'll be in the Santa Rosa area for the foreseeable future. I tried looking for a GW/LGS but it seems I'm perfectly between two areas of stores, Fort Walton Beach and Panama City. Anyone know of any in between?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

So the store that had been carrying GW product down in Miami closed their doors, but there  is a new one slated to open May 1st. We are planning on supporting 40k heavily with monthly tourneys and yearly campaigns. The campaigns will be run in conjunction with Gamermancy. 

Check out the facebook, or the website for more information.

https://www.facebook.com/SilverDragonTavern/

http://silverdragontavern.wix.com/tavern