Oregon, USA

IronFather Tim

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

High all

So I am new to this 40K stuff, I have been reading novels and Lexicanum for few months now. I recently decided I would like a new hobby and dove in, head first it seems. I'm building a Grey Knight army, that was my first thing I did, now I'm also buying a Space Wolves army, 2000+ points. I need someone to play against, that won't destroy me for the fun of it. I'm a good cook and can provide some sort of trade for teaching me the game. I'm almost 32 and have never played a TT game in my life. It may be a bit like teaching an old dog new tricks, but I can at least make it worth your while.

PM me if anyone of you are willing or able to help. I have a car and live in Portland, SE to be exact. Close in too, under 39th

• 4 months later...

I'm sorry it's a little late, but Hello, and welcome to the hobby DIDM.

I am back in Bend, no longer in Corvallis. If anyone else is in the Central Oregon area, we have a local hobby store that's very easy to work with that we play at. If you want to organize a game, we seem to be having better luck using facebook to get in contact. I made the facebook page, Central Oregon Wargamming (COW), thats where we've been in contact to be precise. In fact I'm trying to organize a few players to playtest the rules for a campaign i've been working on for a while. We're usually a pretty fun, laid back group.

Feel free to shoot me a PM.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Alexander: But Corvallis is so nice with all it's college kids, and over bearing cops. Why would you ever want to leave??!! /sarcasm...

I just found this thread as well, though I would stop in and say hello.

End of Line

Ahahha, those college kids and cops are soooo lovelly. Just like the weather.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey I'm getting back into the hobby after about 6 years. I havent played since i moved to OR and I was wondering if there was any place here in the Rogue Valley in Southern Oregon to pick up games and buy models/supplies?

Welcome, Cirrius.

A Klamath Falls gamer here, and I can tell you that you're fortunate enough to have Astral Games Medford in your neck of the woods. Plenty of tables and a good stock of models and supplies.

Astral Games Medford

207 E Barnett Rd

Medford, OR 97501

Phone: (541)776-7888

If you make it over the hill at some point and are looking for a game, stop in and see our crew in Klamath.

Astral Games Klamath

737 Main St

Klamath Falls, OR 97601

Phone: (541)882-3030

• 2 years later...

Hey all, for those in the Sherwood/ Tualatin area there's a place called Glimpes that as far as I know is next to new. It's run by a guy and his wife. The place is small but they're starting a great community.

Just wanted to let ya know.

Branchow

• 3 months later...

Hey hey! I'm pretty new to the site, however I would like to put out some feelers. I would like to start a regular game night at Red Castle Games here in Portland, Oregon. 

The goal of the game night is to have fun, and focus on the narrative side of the game. Ideally, this will morph into narrative campaigns if we get enough regular players. If anyone is interested please feel free to send me a PM. 

Also I can start another thread somewhere else on the boards, if someone would be so kind to point out where would be the proper place to start such a thread. :)

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone! 

I just joined B&C yesterday, and found this thread. I'm in SE Portland, and have been into 40k for about 3 weeks. I play Dark Angels, and have a group of boys that play a whole slew of things. If anyone is interested in meeting up, I have a house w/ basement over near 92nd and Stark (just off of i205).

Also, I'm in a 40k themed Death Metal band named Dominus Nox (not Night Lord specific, btw), and that link will take you to our Facebook. Hope to hear from some of you, and maybe see you at one of our shows!

• 2 months later...