Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Actual Official Angron Rules!?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

Kable

Kable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts
http://belloflostsou...-is-coming.html

Check it out, this is looking to be very interesting. Hopefully we shall see more of his Daemonic brothers appearing soon.

Cheers!
"And then I said to the Inquisitor 'Smite THIS!' and I cut his head off!" <bangs on table, causing small earthquake in a nearby country that kills thousands>"
- Angron

"Always remember. The strongest are Strongest alone".
- Huron Blackheart

DarKHaZZ13

DarKHaZZ13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,296 posts
there be already a post about this somewhere....
this in the aug WD right?

saw the rules for him...he's ok...
just not what you'd expect from one ot the verse's hardcore warriors

-DH- Innocence proves nothing

Twitch Channel & YouTube Channel

Commission Painting Instagram - The Underhive Forge

Hobby Blog - The Underhive Hero

Personal Instagram
Personal Blog - The Science of Selling Yourself Short

Kable

Kable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts

there be already a post about this somewhere....
this in the aug WD right?

Is there? Dam, ahh well. I didnt know it was in WD, i just passed over it of BOLS. Still i cant complain, unless there is a model in the making (which it doubt) looks like there will be a challenging conversion project looming in the future.
"And then I said to the Inquisitor 'Smite THIS!' and I cut his head off!" <bangs on table, causing small earthquake in a nearby country that kills thousands>"
- Angron

- Huron Blackheart

DarKHaZZ13

DarKHaZZ13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,296 posts
don't worry about it
aug's Wd isn't out yet lol (Y)

hella yeah
it'll be like the mass making of stompa's all over again

oooooo

and THE ORK SUBMERIBLE!!!!
apoc re-
and ork-submarine!!!!!
i know its not power armoured...but at least its on topic?

Personal Instagram

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,590 posts
WD 344 (UK)/343 (US) is out in fact. At least people with subscriptions have gotten theirs already. I expect it will be in shops by this Friday.

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!
Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed
Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

DarKHaZZ13

DarKHaZZ13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,296 posts
yeah subscription get theirs early
grrrr

Edited by DarKHaZZ13, 14 July 2008 - 03:04 AM.

Personal Instagram

Kable

Kable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts
In Australia, our WD (as far as i know and remember) always comes out on the first wednesday of each month.

And ork Submarines, hell yeah! What else could a Big Mek ask for!?
- Angron

- Huron Blackheart

DarKHaZZ13

DarKHaZZ13

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,296 posts
I honestly cvouldn't think of anything cooler
no offecne power armour...
but a submarine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

back to Heresy...
i want more deamon primarchs!!!

Personal Instagram

Mr.(Space)Marine

Mr.(Space)Marine

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 370 posts

i want more deamon primarchs!!!

Yes dammit! :D

Wheres my buds Lorgar and Peturabo?

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

++ PRÆCEPTOR BARBATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,984 posts
Lograr is probably preaching to mindless slaves and peturabo is cutting himself.

emo losers.

wolf lord kieran

Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules. 13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be. DepthCharge on the Space Wolves

I'm so pleased that GW have gone to such great lengths to produce these awesome Space Wolves basing kits. Wraithwing on the Thousand Sons Rubic Marine release

"The Fell Hand is a name that has been passed on through out the Legion. When one warrior bearing it died, the name is left to be earned by another. Thus it was passed from Floki to Volund to Erik to Geigor. And then the tradition died, because censored.gif Bjorn got the name and proceeded to live for 10 censored.gifmillenia." - Sagas of the Wolf Priests. Wispy

Kable

Kable

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts

Lograr is probably preaching to mindless slaves and peturabo is cutting himself.

Nah, Peturabo is locked in a never ending game of chess with Magnus the Red. As or Lorgar, he's yet again at another book signing.
- Angron

- Huron Blackheart

Solid Zaku

Solid Zaku

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,752 posts
Oh come on, Magnus, Fulgrim, Mortarion? Each of them is a bevy of Chaotic awesomesauce just waiting to be opened and served with mashed potatoes.
Adeptus Psychologus

Arguably the most sigged frater in the Bolter and Chainsword

QUOTE (The Emperor's Champion @ Sep 26 2011, 08:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're a cruel, heartless monster! :o

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,673 posts
At first I was a bit disappointed by the stats, but looking back on it, Angron alone would be able to topple a Warhound by his lonesome. I'm just hoping they release stats for more Daemon Primarchs, Mortarion in particular.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Deneris

Deneris

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 285 posts
I'm hoping for Magnus, myself...

Though using the rules for DPs from the Daemon codex come close to what I see his stats being...

Sons of Horus

Sons of Horus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,081 posts
Magnus and Fulgrim :P although i doubt it cuz Khorne and his boys always get all the glory :blink:

Kill for the living! Kill for the dead!

battle captain corpus

battle captain corpus

++ CENTURIO COHORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 4,957 posts
Im in two minds over this move by GW.

Firstly: I love fluff, I love the HH, I love Primarchs.
But if they are inlcuded in the game...I want awesomeness. Yes he should be able to topple a titan. He should be able to tear GK limb from limb.
But giving him a Leadership modifier is pants as a special rule. Yes with the new combat leadership modifiers it works well...but he's a Primarch/son of Chaos. He deserves better than this!
Yes he should cause leadership checks. I want him to have a weapon of the gods, not something "standard". Angron should cause people to lose complete control of their senses.
You can pimp a Khorne Lord thingy to have 18 attacks for feth sake, yet Angron gets....6 base. That aint Primarch...not even close GW. :P

Secondly: Can I really see GW doing the rest? Reallistically.....no. Fulgrim sweeping all before him? Magnus blasting units apart in shocks of power?
Nope...
I think this due to what they have done with Angron. Very little. He's just a daddy Blood Thirster...yeah thats cool you may say, but is it? Lots of things can kill him still... LOTS of things.
Its like theyve got a new designer and said "Go for it lad, have a bash at the most important gaming material to come out!". If the rest of the Primarchs are written will anyone care now? I for one wont. Not if this is the material I have to look forward to.

Re-warmed HQ's with no jazz hands....no thanks... :FA:
BCC's Hobby Guide:
- Be Grim Dark not Grim Derp
- Hobby for 15 minutes a day
- Your miniatures are always the best painted in the room
- Game with your heart and don't care about losing
- Make sure your opponent is having fun 

Pausanius

Pausanius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 27 posts

emo losers.

AAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the image of Lorgar and Perturabo with floppy fringes and bad eyeliner!

:o

Commander Skaav

Commander Skaav

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 635 posts

emo losers.

AAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the image of Lorgar and Perturabo with floppy fringes and bad eyeliner!

:o

In my mind all you need for Angron is a Soulgrinder, and the legs of a Warhammer Giant, I also see Angron though with wings (like the Blood Thirster), so use of either Dragon wings or plastic Balrog wings would be part of my own conversion were I to do one. :D
"Let them hate, so long as they fear!" (Attributed to Ezekyle Abaddon The Depoiler)

"Horus was weak! Horus was a fool! He held the Galaxy within his Grasp and he let it slip away!" (Attributed to Ezekyle Abaddon The Depoiler)

"IRON WITHIN! IRON WITHOUT! FOR PERTURABO AND MEDRENGARD!"

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

Jarl Kjaran Coldheart

++ PRÆCEPTOR BARBATUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,984 posts

emo losers.

AAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!

:D

if i ever go off on my rant on the chaos primarchs, it gets much funnier than that.

but it can all be summed up as they all had daddy issues, and werent hugged enough. so, as most of them took power by force on their worlds or were in the process of doing so (except for angron, who only wanted a good fight), they expected the best. when they didnt get everything they wanted, they went emo.

losers, nuff said.

wolf lord kieran

Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules. 13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be. DepthCharge on the Space Wolves

I'm so pleased that GW have gone to such great lengths to produce these awesome Space Wolves basing kits. Wraithwing on the Thousand Sons Rubic Marine release

"The Fell Hand is a name that has been passed on through out the Legion. When one warrior bearing it died, the name is left to be earned by another. Thus it was passed from Floki to Volund to Erik to Geigor. And then the tradition died, because censored.gif Bjorn got the name and proceeded to live for 10 censored.gifmillenia." - Sagas of the Wolf Priests. Wispy

empchildrenbob

empchildrenbob

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 242 posts
i read it and the stats dont do it justice

Chief Librarian Benarius

Chief Librarian Benarius

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 17 posts
I just got my copy of the WD and I agree, his stats are dissappointing. 500 points and no real special rules. His -1ld is the same as my chappy's deathmask. Khârn has more attacks and his stats are almost the same as a 150pt Avatar. Add the avatar datasheet from the Apoc reload book and he is wayyy better.

I too would have liked some unique special rules instead of a universal special rule for angron and I think all primarchs could easily have 10 for every stat in their stat line. But I do liek the fact that they finally made rules for a primarch, even if the rules dissappoint. At least its showing that they dare go in directions they never dared to go in the past.

SeerDude

SeerDude

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 229 posts
I realy don`t thinkl there should be any proper stats for primarchs i mean those stats to me are a joke i imagine Angron to be a moster flying about tearing baneblades to bits with his hands and making marines crap themselfs.
Disiples of Wrath`s Battle Cry: "We are the Emperors Wrath!"

This is my battle record from 1st of August onward.
W:7, L:3, D:2

Sons of Horus

Sons of Horus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,081 posts
this is why the primarchs should never enter the table top. they will never get the rules they deserve.

Kill for the living! Kill for the dead!

Spacefrisian

Spacefrisian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,154 posts
Angron is somewhat underpowered for a Deamon primarch thing eg he isn't immune to instand death as far i can see.
There are no Deamons in 40k

Ju'kosian

Ju'kosian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,652 posts

emo losers.

AAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!!!!!!

;)

if i ever go off on my rant on the chaos primarchs, it gets much funnier than that.

but it can all be summed up as they all had daddy issues, and werent hugged enough. so, as most of them took power by force on their worlds or were in the process of doing so (except for angron, who only wanted a good fight), they expected the best. when they didnt get everything they wanted, they went emo.

losers, nuff said.

wolf lord kieran

lol !! like the loyalists are so much better?? :woot:
they all got daddy issues.. the chaos ones for they weren't hugged enough.. guilliman & dorn because they were hugged too much..
russ was just an alcoholic ...etc.
anaways, I doubt GW will bring more primarch rules.. we'll see..

Edited by Ju'kosian, 26 July 2008 - 09:56 AM.